XIM Community

Razer Naga Hex vs. G700  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
Razer Naga Hex vs. G700
« on: 01:20 AM - 04/26/14 »
Yo!
I'm using a naga hex for I love having the buttons on the mouse but I really like the feel of the logitech g400 in my hand, the height is great. I use a nav and the g400 doesn't do it for me button wise. I was wondering if anyone could give a heads up as to the profile of the g700 compared to a g400 or naga hex?
TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline helpmeout

• View Profile
Re: Razer Naga Hex vs. G700
« Reply #1 on: 03:36 AM - 04/26/14 »
If youre using the G700 for Xim only its not that bad because its Simulating Analog Stick to Mouse Controls...
But the G700 is not a Very good mouse for PC use , the Razer out performs it anyday, I have the Razer Naga, Razer Death Adder and a G700.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #2 on: 08:05 AM - 04/26/14 »
Can't speak for XIM, but on PC, the Logitech G line are great, but they gave me one problem that made me go back to my Razer Naga Epic.

In Battlefield, for what ever reason, I can't pick up weapons or deployed equipment.  Even if I changed the button to a  button on my KB, it still wouldn't do it.  Switched to my Naga Epic and it worked fine.  Don't know if that's just me or if that would happen on console, but for what ever reason, it happened to me on PC.

Other than that I do love the G700s and G602.  They feel great.  The side buttons are a tad bit cheap feeling though to be honest.

I modded my Naga Epic to easily identify the buttons I use for shooters so now I will likely stick with it.  It is a great mouse, but without the modding, it isn't that practical for shooters.  Better for MMOs.

Can't really go wrong with either.  Logitech and Razer are both great.  If the side button and picking up issue is just me, I'd say go with the 700s.  Logitech is better bang for buck I think and are a little more comfortable, to me.

Offline JLisinski96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: justin101G
  • PSN ID: JLisinski96
« Reply #3 on: 07:38 AM - 04/27/14 »
If youre using the G700 for Xim only its not that bad because its Simulating Analog Stick to Mouse Controls...
But the G700 is not a Very good mouse for PC use , the Razer out performs it anyday, I have the Razer Naga, Razer Death Adder and a G700.
hows the razor death adder with the XIM? I might buy it for the XIM4

Offline RageInvader

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I RageInvader I
« Reply #4 on: 01:12 PM - 04/27/14 »
Funny, been looking for new mouse and I kept coming back to the G700 as it has perfect amount of buttons for me. but my friend kept trying to convince me to go for the razor mamba but the price is just too much considering I'll only be using it for XIM
Xbox One   |   XIM4   |   G700s

Offline Stele

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:47 PM - 04/27/14 »
<edit>
« Last Edit: 01:14 AM - 04/28/14 by Stele »

Offline Noquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:36 PM - 05/07/14 »
I very recently upgraded my G500 to a G700s and am loving it.  Similar shape to the G500 but with more buttons and wireless.  Therefore ideal for my claw grip.  Seems better made as well (my G500 emitted a weird whining sound that only a few people could hear - check Logitech forums for details).

The only draw back is that the battery life which when wireless is not great - but I keep a few rechargeables on standby just in case.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #7 on: 01:28 PM - 05/07/14 »
Give the G502 a try. I find it very comfortable, and a ton of XIM users are very happy with it, including myself  :)

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=32216.0
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:33 PM - 05/07/14 »
Give the G502 a try. I find it very comfortable, and a ton of XIM users are very happy with it, including myself  :)

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=32216.0

They lost my sale at wired.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #9 on: 02:40 PM - 05/07/14 »
I have always used wireless mice. I really can't stand wires. I absolutely loved the g602 with XIM! However, the braided cord slides across surfaces very freely. You can't even tell it's there
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:14 PM - 05/07/14 »
I have always used wireless mice. I really can't stand wires. I absolutely loved the g602 with XIM! However, the braided cord slides across surfaces very freely. You can't even tell it's there

If I played at my desk in front of my dual monitor setup, wired would be fine, but I play on my couch on my projector.  I'd have a wire going across the living room to the PS4.  Doubt it would be long enough, and even if it was, not ideal as you might imagine lol.

Admin