XIM Community

The Official XIM 2014 Post Your Setup Pics Thread  (Read 43832 times)

Offline ZimZimSalabim

• View Profile
Re: The Official XIM 2014 Post Your Setup Pics Thread
« Reply #15 on: 10:32 PM - 04/05/14 »
what tube amp is that on your left gunit?
That's a dac/amp, wooaudio fire flies.

Yep, it's in my sig lol.

Its garb lol

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #16 on: 11:24 PM - 04/08/14 »

Omg, that is absolutely beautiful. I'm actively sinning right now
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #17 on: 11:01 PM - 04/21/14 »

Asus VX238H 23"
G500s
K120 ($10 keyboard)
Turd headphones Tritton warheads
Awaiting Xim4....
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline SooSpicey

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SooSpicey
« Reply #18 on: 10:40 AM - 05/31/14 »

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #19 on: 12:54 AM - 06/12/14 »

This is where I do most of my gaming when I'm doing multiplayer, or can't play on my TV in the living room because it's being used by my roommate, or I'm trying to keep it down when he's sleeping.  I'm kind of OCD with cable clutter/tangling so I like to keep them all nicely bound, and kept out of sight.  The desk is just one of the corner ones from walmart, and I affixed an oak board to the side to support the monitor mount. 

The monitor swivels 360 degrees so I can keep it out of the way, extend it towards the bed for Netflixing myself to sleep, towards the pillowchair for casual late-night gaming, or towards the office chair for hardcore monitor-in-the-face multiplayer.  The white thing under the monitor is a battery-dispenser I made because the TB X41's run off of rechargeable AAA's and it gives no warning when they're about to die.  I can usually change them out in about 5 seconds flat without having to take the headset off. 

Absolutely love this monitor, except it did not come with VESA monitor mount holes in the back.  I carefuly pried the bezel off the back enclosure and drilled holes through it. I fabricated a metal reinforcing plate, complete with mounting holes that I tapped, then glued it to the inside of the enclosure, ensuring that the the holes were lined up before reassembling the monitor.  This can be done with just about any monitor, provided there is enough room in the enclosure for a 1/4" thick metal plate. 

The home made, folding lap pad for my XIM.  Made out of 2 large cutting boards, including the controller holster which is made out of the scraps from where I cut the handles off and two large garage tool hooks.  I've been using this for almost 3 years now and it's held up to some pretty serious traveling.  the XIM and The G13 are held in place with Velcro. 

For ergonomics I fabricated a palm support out of a tennis ball, two 1/4" step bushings, and a 1/2" piece of aluminum rod.  It is completely removable for cleaning. 

This is my living room setup.  Two 22" dell monitors and a 47" vizio 3D TV are all driven off my desktop.  I rarely do any PC gaming anymore, but my roommate uses it for Diablo 3, and it (ATI 5770) runs that quite well at the highest settings and even handles Passive 3D.  The computer also has a toslink expansion card so it can take advantage of my 1000W system. 

Finally, my stained oak lap board for PC use.  I datoed the end so I could add a piece of cutting board flush with the rest of it.  Cutting board is a great surface for optic/laser mice.  It is incredibly smooth, easy to clean, and I've had no tracking issues with the mouse optics.  I also added nylon furniture feet to the bottom so it does not scratch up my nice oak table. 
« Last Edit: 01:08 AM - 06/12/14 by KodRaiN »

Offline gduck24

• View Profile
    • Make Mod Hack
  • Gamertag: grayskuii
« Reply #20 on: 10:18 PM - 06/14/14 »
I lost my man cave a while back and have resorted to couch gaming the last few years.  I have had all sorts of combinations of desks and chairs and finally came up with this custom lap desk.  It holds all my stuff securely and between it and my folding chair i can be set up in about 1 minute.  They both fit in the hall closet and so it keeps the wife happy.  It's very comfortable,  cheap and easy to make,  and stores very easy.  Details and tutorial videos here.  http:// [url]http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=32196.0[ /URL]

I gotta quit welding in flip flops...

Offline JoTi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jo_Vogel_Snipez
« Reply #21 on: 11:11 AM - 06/16/14 »
Here my Setup so far. Im not good in build something by my one.
So i searched the internet and found this littel Laptop Table. The mice and keyboard are atteched by velcro fastener. Works very good.
I hope the XIM4 will fit there where i placed it  :)

At the moment i use it for War Thunder PS4, havent a XIM Edge  >:(

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:18 PM - 06/26/14 »
Mobile Gaming Setup:

Samsung 24" Monitor, 360 Slim, Turtle Beach X41 headset, folding lapdesk (XIM3, Logitech G13 & G500) and cables (4x10ft cat5, 1x100ft cat5, 5 port cat5 hub, 2x cat5 couplers, 6ft toslink, X41 receiver usb power, headset chat cable, HDMI to DVI cable, Monitor power supply, Xbox power supply)  many of these cables are duplicates of the ones I have all neatly tucked away on my gaming desk, so I do not have to fish them out every time I'm on the move. 

I cut some material out to protect the monitor screen.  Everything fits easily and survives checked baggage.  In those cases I pack a few days of clothing around everything to protect it all. 

For those of you interested in obtaining one of those sexy folding lap desks, come see my post in the Member Projects!

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01:36 PM - 07/05/14 »
Das Uber setup!!!

full keyboard-sized folding lapdesk.  Stows under my coffee table really easily. 

uses magnets and pins to lock the mouse surface in place

-asus 787 with 6x (plus 2 case) usb 3.0, optic audio out, built in wifi and blutooth
-EVGA GTX 760 2G
-Intel core i5 4670k quad core 3.4Ghz
-8gb (4x2) 1600 memory
-240gb SSD
-1tb 10000rpm HDD
-2tb 7500rpm HDD
-BluRay drive.
-standard CD/DVD drive

"OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #24 on: 03:58 PM - 07/05/14 »
"OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Sexy. I just got a bit of a chubby over that lol love the blue ;)
And the matrix screen saver.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:18 PM - 07/06/14 »
I blue myself for the first time!  lol I ordered a nzxt 2 meter adjustable blue led light strip.  Should get here next week, and if that's not enough blue, I can replace the 3 corsair fans with the antech ones I found at best buy.  Higher rpm's anyway.  Don't think it will be necessary for cooling.  I had metro 2033, watchdogs, and crysis at their highest settings with the gpu clock offset by 68 and I hit maaaaaybe 50c.  CPU is running really cool as well.

which makes me wonder, is the temperature what you go off of to determine a safe clock offset?  If so I have a lot more room!

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:43 AM - 07/29/14 »

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:32 PM - 07/29/14 »
What card do you have in your PC for surround gaming?

Offline pirinha

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07:09 PM - 07/31/14 »

that's my setup. :)

Offline raideN

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: zon1x0
« Reply #29 on: 08:59 AM - 08/01/14 »

that's my setup. :)

Which monitor is it ?