XIM Community

Preparing for PS4  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Doberfitz

• View Profile
Preparing for PS4
« on: 12:15 PM - 03/10/14 »
Hello,

I have never had any XIM products and hope to be a first day customer for the PS4 solution. My question is: What else do I need to buy to interface with the XIM product? Of course, I'm aware I'd need a keyboard/mouse but can someone give me the simple list? Do I need to also own a different piece of XIM hardware?

Just hoping to be ready for release by pre-ordering all the other hardware ahead of time.

PS4 on Battlefield 4 via keyboard/mouse is my dream!

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: Preparing for PS4
« Reply #1 on: 12:20 PM - 03/10/14 »
- Mouse
- Keyboard
- XIM
- Official controller (per console to be used - DS4 in your case)
- USB cables
- Something with which to configure the XIM (Android mobile phone or tablet,  and/or PC (Windows))

That's about it.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Doberfitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:46 PM - 03/10/14 »
Thank you much. I didn't realize I needed a XIM, too.

I'm assuming now (post edit) that this would be the upcoming XIM hardware not an older piece of hardware that I attach the new PS4 compatible XIM hardware to. So one product from here and then all those other pieces from elsewhere (cables, etc)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:47 PM - 03/10/14 »
xim edges are currently pretty rare on ebay, in the meantime maybe check out gimx.com, this also will allow you to use mouse and keyboard on the PS4
the mouse experience wont be as good but its cheap and affordable
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Glooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:39 AM - 03/14/14 »
Sorry for a slight thread hijack (my question's not worthy of a new one and this seemed like a relevant place), but will the XIM4 work as a straight controller adaptor for the PS4?

I've a number of arcade sticks from the last gen, and I plan to buy a PS4 for its fighting games later on. I'm sure I'd mess around with KB+M - I might even get back into shooters! - but it's the controller adaptor I'm really interested in.

All ICs add lag, but I'm hoping for something comparable to the InPin adaptor. The polling rate's going to be higher, isn't it?

Offline Bronxstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:06 AM - 03/14/14 »
Anyone have gimx experience?  Trying to make sense out of the intructions....do I need a unix OS?

Offline SilentDecay

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SilentDecay
« Reply #6 on: 08:10 AM - 03/14/14 »
xim edges are currently pretty rare on ebay, in the meantime maybe check out gimx.com, this also will allow you to use mouse and keyboard on the PS4

I found nothing on that site.

This is what I see...

Index of /
adsense/
amozon/
cgi-bin/
images/
moving.page/
postinfo.html
suspended.page/

Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at gimx.com Port 80

Offline Bronxstalker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:11 AM - 03/14/14 »

I found nothing on that site.

This is what I see...

Index of /
adsense/
amozon/
cgi-bin/
images/
moving.page/
postinfo.html
suspended.page/

Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at gimx.com Port 80

I went here, but it's not straight forward:
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=PS4