XIM Community

Release Availability?  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
Re: Release Availability?
« Reply #15 on: 08:54 AM - 03/14/14 »
Hi all ximers. I had to register and stop being a troll when i read chads20s post.
We need more people like this in the world and it would be a better place.
Im a 50 year old pc gamer and I ordered the titanfall xbox1 bundle.
I will get the xim4 only because no matter how much i use the xbox 360 controller
I cant get it. I use a mouse and, get this=====logitech joystick. I started using
That combination back when I played netmech. Will the xim4 work with my logitech
Mouse and joystick instead of mouse and keyboard?

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of the word troll in a forum context lol.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #16 on: 09:05 AM - 03/14/14 »
It'll be in the 5-figure range. We will also be putting up a product page for XIM4 with a waiting list.

When you say waiting list, do you mean in the case of back orders due to supply constraints, or do you mean that there will be some type of priority system in place where past customers or tenured forum members receive first dibs? 

If it's the latter, would you mind sharing approximately how many XIM Edge's you've sold, so that I can get a gauge of how long a wait I'm in for based on your 5 figure range estimate?

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:16 AM - 03/14/14 »
Hi all ximers. I had to register and stop being a troll when i read chads20s post.
We need more people like this in the world and it would be a better place.
Im a 50 year old pc gamer and I ordered the titanfall xbox1 bundle.
I will get the xim4 only because no matter how much i use the xbox 360 controller
I cant get it. I use a mouse and, get this=====logitech joystick. I started using
That combination back when I played netmech. Will the xim4 work with my logitech
Mouse and joystick instead of mouse and keyboard?

Like other XIM gen models there will be a list of hardware devices supported by XIM4. Check out the hardware compatibility boards for the XIM Edge and XIM3 to give you an idea.

Also understand that it may be a while before XIM4 is available. The Q1 ETA for delivery isn't going to happen so we're waiting for OBsIV to update his dev blog with a new timeline. I cancelled my Titanfall order b/c I can't enjoy these games without my XIM. However, I still have my XIM3 and 360 so if the new ETA for XIM4 is later than sooner then I'll grab Titanfall 360 and rock the game with all the squeakers whose parents wouldn't buy them an X1. :)

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:20 AM - 03/14/14 »
It'll be in the 5-figure range. We will also be putting up a product page for XIM4 with a waiting list.

When you say waiting list, do you mean in the case of back orders due to supply constraints, or do you mean that there will be some type of priority system in place where past customers or tenured forum members receive first dibs? 

I took this to mean that if you're not able to order one of the first 5-figure batches due for initial release then there will be a waiting list for when the next batch is due out.

And if that's the case then I'm assuming that before XIM4 is available for ordering, we'll know how we can be notified about this. An easy way would be to have OBsIV post a topic, lock it, people subscribe to it, and then OBsIV can update it when XIM4 is out. Of course we'll probably crash the servers for the mass orders so that should be entertaining to watch. :)

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #19 on: 09:54 AM - 03/14/14 »
I'm just mildly curious about the production process. I'd imagine there is a lot of cost in setting up a production run.

How many production runs were there for xim3 and xim edge?

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:59 AM - 03/14/14 »
I'm just mildly curious about the production process.

I prefer just to know the ETA for availability. It's not that I wouldn't find the production details interesting but there seems to be this perception that folks need to know this in order to maintain some sort of transparency. Most people just want to know when XIM4 will be available so they can plan accordingly. Providing details about what's being worked on, status updates on testing, yada-yada-yada seems like a waste of limited time/resources.

I'm looking forward to playing Watch Dogs. Its scheduled release date is May 27 so now I can plan for this in relation to XIM4.  Destiny is slated for Q3 so I can plan for that as well.  OBsIV thought we'd see XIM4 for Q1 but since that's not happening then just post a new estimate and we'll go from there.
« Last Edit: 02:32 PM - 03/14/14 by Uber Pooch »

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02:28 PM - 03/14/14 »
I'm just mildly curious about the production process. I'd imagine there is a lot of cost in setting up a production run.

How many production runs were there for xim3 and xim edge?

I believe there were multiple production runs for each, though they probably started out smaller than 5 figures.  I remember them selling out the first batch, and then waiting a week or 2 for new stock to arrive.  But after the initial rush, they were readily available.

Offline ArmouredNZ

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ArmouredNZ
« Reply #22 on: 04:25 PM - 03/14/14 »
I will be getting one of these as soon as I can. The dev's are clever people. I am sure that they will look at past sales and project the initial rush. So they will want enough stock to cover that plus a bit more for future orders. A larger production run means less costs of production which in turn makes it cheaper for us. So I say that people shouldnt be to worried about wait too long to get your XIM4. Therefore I recommend to only check the forum weekly.  :P

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04:28 PM - 03/14/14 »
Therefore I recommend to only check the forum weekly.  :P

Don't bother, I'll send you a PM when XIM4 is available... right after I place my order. ;)

Offline ArmouredNZ

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ArmouredNZ
« Reply #24 on: 04:42 PM - 03/14/14 »
Therefore I recommend to only check the forum weekly.  :P

Don't bother, I'll send you a PM when XIM4 is available... right after I place my order. ;)

Thanks, You're a real pal. I will stop checking daily or even multiple times a day.

Offline NycGio

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:02 PM - 03/14/14 »
Anyone have any idea when we they might have pre ordering available?

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #26 on: 09:45 PM - 03/14/14 »
Anyone have any idea when we they might have pre ordering available?

We are all sitting around waiting for that announcement.

Admin