XIM Community

Steelseries Rival Optical Mouse  (Read 2434 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Steelseries Rival Optical Mouse
« on: 01:53 AM - 03/09/14 »
Just picked up this bad boy yesterday. Has been pretty great so far, the tracking on the optical sensor is fantastic.

The maximum CPI (DPI) is 6500 and that is what I've been using. I've also been running it at 500hz polling rate.

Anyone have experience with this mouse? What settings would you reccomend?
« Last Edit: 02:01 AM - 03/09/14 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Steelseries Rival Optical Mouse
« Reply #1 on: 03:37 AM - 03/09/14 »
Use 4950-5000 DPI or below if you want a "Jitterless" experience. Anything above 5000 DPI is interpolated :)

The Rival works great at 1000hz polling rate just like the Sensei, Very stable.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline dbrown

• View Profile
Re: Steelseries Rival Optical Mouse
« Reply #2 on: 10:06 AM - 03/09/14 »
I used mine at 4k and 100hz as well, tracking seemed great on it.  The two side buttons are placed higher up the mouse near the very top and it made the grip odd for me. so its now in the pile with a basically new zowie fk as welll that have next to no use lol.  I'm liking the ec1 evo cl I got though.  how does the ec2 compare to the rival in size or ec1 if you have used one.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:31 PM - 03/09/14 »
I used mine at 4k and 100hz as well, tracking seemed great on it.  The two side buttons are placed higher up the mouse near the very top and it made the grip odd for me. so its now in the pile with a basically new zowie fk as welll that have next to no use lol.  I'm liking the ec1 evo cl I got though.  how does the ec2 compare to the rival in size or ec1 if you have used one.

Right now I own the Rival, Zowie EC2 EVO and Zowie FK.

Tracking wise, they are all great, I can't really tell the difference between them. So basically it all comes down to build quality and what kind of grip you prefer.

The EC2 is an awesome mouse, the size is just right... not too small and not too big. It's versatile and you can do all sorts of different grips on it, claw or palm or whatever.

The Rival is a pretty big mouse to me after using the EC2 for so long. It's a bit heavier as well but I'm slowly getting used to it. Not a big fan of the side buttons on the Rival though, they are made of a cheap feeling plastic.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:14 PM - 03/11/14 »
Think I've found my sweet spot! Liking this mouse more and more everyday.

Last night I went back to the Zowie for a little while just so I could get an A-B experience and see which one I like better.

I found that while both have a great tracking experience, I was able to make more precise movements and just be overall more accurate with the Rival mouse. It seems that the larger size of the Rival actually works in my favor because it stays more stable in my hand and fingers. The side grips on the Rival play a huge role because they allow you to remain in perfect control of the mouse. Still not a big fan of the side buttons, but I guess they get the job done since I only use them for things like melee in COD.

I found my sweet spot at 5000 CPI and 500hz polling rate. For some reason, 500hz just feels better to me than 1000hz.
« Last Edit: 07:20 PM - 03/11/14 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Admin