XIM Community

Watch_Dogsh*t  (Read 1219 times)

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
Watch_Dogsh*t
« on: 12:37 PM - 03/07/14 »
http://www.gamepur.com/news/13920-ubisoft-pr-comment-recent-watch-dogs-controversy-graphics-downgraded-looks-.html

There's controversy brewing that Wath_Dogs went from looking like a next gen game should look like to looking like a PS2 game.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Watch_Dogsh*t
« Reply #1 on: 01:01 PM - 03/07/14 »
yeah i saw the pics, all i hope is that the division wont follow the same path
actually far cry 3 did the very same, also published by ubisoft...
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #2 on: 01:07 PM - 03/07/14 »
Wow. I hope the new shots were from the PS3/360 build. If those are the new next-gen build then this game got delayed to get uglified. That would be really unfortunate.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:20 PM - 03/07/14 »
Yeah holding out to see if those are 360/PS3 trailers. If that is PC/Xbone/ps4 I won't be getting it.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:22 PM - 03/07/14 »
Can't wait for all the people who bought xbox "because graphics aren't that important" to complain about this game being ugly

Must be one of the games they were showing that were actually running on Titans rofl
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
Re: Re: Watch_Dogsh*t
« Reply #5 on: 04:52 PM - 03/07/14 »
Can't wait for all the people who bought xbox "because graphics aren't that important" to complain about this game being ugly

Must be one of the games they were showing that were actually running on Titans rofl

Get out of here with your lame console war bait.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:31 PM - 03/07/14 »
I'm not trying to console war bait with this statement.

I'm assuming this is going to be another multi-platform game where at least statistically, it is going to be putting out better numbers on PS4?

Or is this one going to be like NBA2K14 where the numbers were the same on both consoles?

Like I said, right now I'm gonna assume the PS4 version is going to be superior.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #7 on: 09:53 PM - 03/08/14 »
After seeing the first Watchdogs trailer long ago, I was getting real excited for the tech in the next gen consoles. To drive graphics like that smoothly at 1080p, you need some gaming rig power. But after the specifications to the One and PS4 were released, I knew something wasn't adding up. The textures in Watchdogs looked too good for the "next gen" tech.. At least until there is more progress on making games run better with the PS4 and One hardware, similar to how games released today look MUCH better than PS3 games released 7 years ago.

I'm sure Watchdogs is still going to be an excellent game! Just kinda stinks they have to throttle back the visual candy cause the PS4 and One are comparable to a 5 year old gaming computer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEJSBu20Hqs

That looks a lot closer to what the new consoles can handle, for now at least.
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:58 PM - 03/08/14 »
I was never even interested at this game , i like FPS but why are you hating on it just because they downgraded the graphics , personally I only care about gameplay , the graphics can fuk off , i would play a game that looks like Duke Nukem as long as it plays good and its a FPS

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:06 PM - 03/08/14 »
One of the devs confirmed on twitter that for the PS4 that game would look like the old E3 footage we saw.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:42 AM - 03/09/14 »
http://mp1st.com/2014/03/08/watch-dogs-build-similar-e3-2013-shown-soon/

On a side note, rumor of consoles and PC resolution have made some waves. Here are the details for platform:

PS4: 1080p/30fps
    Xbox One: 960p/30fps
    PC: up to 4K/framerate varies

Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #11 on: 11:57 AM - 03/09/14 »
I was never even interested at this game , i like FPS but why are you hating on it just because they downgraded the graphics , personally I only care about gameplay , the graphics can fuk off , i would play a game that looks like Duke Nukem as long as it plays good and its a FPS

I'm pretty sure you could get 70 hours of enjoyment out of a Litebrite though. Watch Dogs was more anticipated for its graphics than its gameplay, so this reaction shouldn't be surprising.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #12 on: 03:31 PM - 03/09/14 »
http://mp1st.com/2014/03/08/watch-dogs-build-similar-e3-2013-shown-soon/

On a side note, rumor of consoles and PC resolution have made some waves. Here are the details for platform:

PS4: 1080p/30fps
    Xbox One: 960p/30fps
    PC: up to 4K/framerate varies

In addition to the resolution / framerates, it'll be interesting if all the crazy lighting /  particle effects / etc. are in the PS3/XBox versions if that pic everyone is  up in arms about wasn't from the PS4. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:52 PM - 03/09/14 »

I'm pretty sure you could get 70 hours of enjoyment out of a Litebrite though. Watch Dogs was more anticipated for its graphics than its gameplay, so this reaction shouldn't be surprising.

therefore its good they delayed the game, they admitted one of those reasons are that the game was far too repetitive in its actions
lets hope itll have more variation now
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Admin