XIM Community

BF4 adressing netcode  (Read 1991 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
BF4 adressing netcode
« on: 01:43 AM - 03/05/14 »
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/

This has been seen? Would put pressure on Activision. Really nice. BF4 is unplayable for me right now.
Crusade atm: none

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
Re: BF4 adressing netcode
« Reply #1 on: 02:38 AM - 03/05/14 »
I've played every battlefeild since 1942 and it has always felt clunky compared to Cod or Counterstrike or any other game for that matter but I play it anyway because it offers something that most don't.

I'm most exited to hear that they are thinking about raising the tik rate on the servers. This is just b/c of a video that went viral the tik rate would never have caught any attention. I'm glad to here this may be worked out. With the tik rate so low and the way gun damage works with the tik rate of the server your always going to be better off with the fastest firing weapon possible. The only slow firing weapon I use is the sar 21 and that's only if I'm playing way back and don't expect anyone to run up on me. If I'm planning to play run and gun I use AEK, AS Val, and the Mtar. The ACE 23 if I'm plan on being close but not in your face close.

I used to think that the game had two much auto aim b/c if I ran up on 2 people their wasn't any jukeing in the world that was going to save me where as in ghosts I could drop shot and do a little dancing and I might survive. Then I realized with the faster firing weapons I actually might survive every now and then.

"Ouch, That hurt!" yo face

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:57 AM - 03/05/14 »
For me it is so unplayable that I am last in evey game. I am not kidding ask W11ce. I mean I am not agreat player and casual only but last in every game behind all the controller users? Thanks to a community member I have quite a pimped line and my ping is very low 20ms to 700km distance 5ms locally. I had that penalty problem in some COD games but this one is huge. I loose every 1:1, I get killed around corners, I empty a whole clip and the guy is still standing and when I die he has stil 20 life left, no sound and dead. I am happy when I meet someone from the side or back LOL. It feels like seconds apart.

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:17 AM - 03/05/14 »
For me it is so unplayable that I am last in evey game. I am not kidding ask W11ce. I mean I am not agreat player and casual only but last in every game behind all the controller users? Thanks to a community member I have quite a pimped line and my ping is very low 20ms to 700km distance 5ms locally. I had that penalty problem in some COD games but this one is huge. I loose every 1:1, I get killed around corners, I empty a whole clip and the guy is still standing and when I die he has stil 20 life left, no sound and dead. I am happy when I meet someone from the side or back LOL. It feels like seconds apart.

My big tips other than a good fast firing weapon is run a silencer on every weapon other than the snipers and don't walk out in the open. I find that if you light up on the mini map or get spotted your just a big piece of meat more so than any COD game.

I get the rubber banding and killed behind cover all the time. It's been like that since Bad Company 2 and I'm starting to lose faith that they will ever fix it. I rarely unload a whole clip into someone with out them taking damage but it has happened to me a few times. It's just a bad sync. 
« Last Edit: 03:24 AM - 03/05/14 by UnRyValD »

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #4 on: 03:30 AM - 03/05/14 »
I'm most exited to hear that they are thinking about raising the tik rate on the servers. This is just b/c of a video that went viral the tik rate would never have caught any attention. I'm glad to here this may be worked out. With the tik rate so low and the way gun damage works with the tik rate of the server your always going to be better off with the fastest firing weapon possible. The only slow firing weapon I use is the sar 21 and that's only if I'm playing way back and don't expect anyone to run up on me. If I'm planning to play run and gun I use AEK, AS Val, and the Mtar. The ACE 23 if I'm plan on being close but not in your face close.

Wow, that is very interesting. Does it make a substantial difference? My roommate plays BF4 on PS4 and gets owned by the high fire rate weapons. Though I always figured it was from low recoil.
Will tell him to switch over to one
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:44 AM - 03/05/14 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C0COfAHHf0

This video explains some things in more detail.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:00 AM - 03/05/14 »
I've played every battlefeild since 1942 and it has always felt clunky compared to Cod or Counterstrike or any other game for that matter but I play it anyway because it offers something that most don't.

I so agree with you on this. This is why I always went with the cod games or counterstrike even just because they felt a lot smoother gamewise. Battlefield always felt so clunky that I could never really enjoy it for very long. I did think Battlefield 2 was a pretty fun game though (on pc).

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:33 AM - 03/05/14 »
The graphics and the overall feel are awesome in BF4. The netcode is just like the friend of your wife who is over and you watch a movie and she asks every five minutes "why did he say that, I dont get it" LOL
You also begin to doubt yourself, then you fire up Killzone and they cant even aim at you before you got them and the first game is 12-2 without even configuring the XIM.

I know the video UnRyValD and it explains a lot. Setting the correct MTU for the ISP in the router also made things a bit better.

Offline graemepyle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:49 AM - 03/05/14 »
If I run and gun on bf4 fast fire guns just own me. I now try to play a bit more smarter and slowly work my way through an area, clearing as I go. Soon as it's "stand and deliver" it ends in tears.

Only problem with this plan of attack ? You need a couple of guys to work together as a unit. I'm by no means good but I can hold my own if I stick to tactics.

I love the ASVAL .... Great gun, pre silenced but can't run and gun with it. 21 to a mag is brutal but I play it a lot ....

ACE23, another great gun I feel works well with a silencer.

AEK ... close quarters with a 6 to 8 round burst and if close enough mag dump .... Gold  ;D

As for the  net code , element of surprise, shoot first and hope you don't go down with the dreaded one shot headshot !!

Offline izzy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:51 AM - 03/05/14 »
Setting the correct MTU for the ISP in the router also made things a bit better.

Please can you tell me how to do this?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:54 AM - 03/05/14 »
I asked my friend what the ISP uses. Telekom in Germany is 1492 not 1500. Ask them but don't expect wonders. May be placebo. There is a setting in your router.

Offline izzy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:10 AM - 03/05/14 »
Ok. Thanks

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:00 AM - 03/05/14 »
The netcode was good for me until the patch where they closed the window for when the game registers a kill. Before that point I had a KDR of 1.7 and rising after that point it started dropping drastically. Though, it could have also been that at that time I started unlocking DMRs and maxing them out. Every death showed the enemy as having 0 health while they were clearly still running around.

Personally, I wish every game had netcode like Killzone: Shadow Fall. If you have a poor or strained connection, if you want to stream, then sucks to be you.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:10 AM - 03/05/14 »
How was the Titanfall beta netcode?

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #14 on: 11:06 AM - 03/05/14 »
How was the Titanfall beta netcode?

I had no issues with titanfall netcode in the beta.

In BF4 on xbone, I get the packetloss icon constantly, sometimes it causes slight rubberbanding on 64 player servers.

I think their server code on the consoles is the culprit. I don't see issues on the PC version at all with PL. I also noticed the in-game VOIP has packetloss, but If I switch to party chat? 0 packetloss.

The observation someone made about fast firing weapons was interesting to me. I have to admit that I find m416, the pp-2000, the acw-r, all to be far easier to rack up kills with than the SCAR-H or the  LMG's which fire slowly. Same thing back in BF3 which I spent a ton of hours playing on PC and 360.

I'll be watching the tick rate debate more closely. thanks!