XIM Community

What age are the Ximers on here? Just curious :)  (Read 28211 times)

Offline kboogie

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SFC_Gatling
Re: What age are the Ximers on here? Just curious :)
« Reply #165 on: 09:54 AM - 03/07/14 »
Who here played Oregon Trail...I thought this game was the @#$%.

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #166 on: 10:18 AM - 03/07/14 »
38 here.  Good to see so many people in my age group.  I guess it makes sense since most of us were all heavy pc gamers in the past and use Xim now.

Full disclosure, my first PC was an Apple IIe (gasp!). All my friends had one too, which made the decision easier.

APPLE IIc here. but I was only like 5.. used to play games like kings quest / archon / thexder

thexder, that is a blast from the past. My favorite store in high school was Software ETC. and I remember when they only had a dozen games to pick from at any time. felt like 1 good game came out every few YEARS back then. Thexder was one of those games I bought for my ibm model 30.

GATO 1 and Starflight  and Bards Tale 1 got my hooked on PC DOS gaming. when I was a grade schooler. Back when a 8088 Zenith PC with 256K of RAM and a code wheel for copy protection was cutting edge.

back in "those days" you had to understand how to edit your config.sys and autoexec.bat files, including having multiple configs for your computer for different programs!

I remember learning how to use internet FTP back in 93 in order to download a shareware program called Return to Castle Wolfenstein. From there I cemented my passion for technology and led to a career.

its almost sad today that 99% of games just "work" and don't require fiddling with your PC so its like that gateway to technology is closed.

fun to reminisce with you old timers! ha!

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #167 on: 11:09 AM - 03/07/14 »
38 here.  Good to see so many people in my age group.  I guess it makes sense since most of us were all heavy pc gamers in the past and use Xim now.

Full disclosure, my first PC was an Apple IIe (gasp!). All my friends had one too, which made the decision easier.

APPLE IIc here. but I was only like 5.. used to play games like kings quest / archon / thexder

thexder, that is a blast from the past. My favorite store in high school was Software ETC. and I remember when they only had a dozen games to pick from at any time. felt like 1 good game came out every few YEARS back then. Thexder was one of those games I bought for my ibm model 30.

GATO 1 and Starflight  and Bards Tale 1 got my hooked on PC DOS gaming. when I was a grade schooler. Back when a 8088 Zenith PC with 256K of RAM and a code wheel for copy protection was cutting edge.

back in "those days" you had to understand how to edit your config.sys and autoexec.bat files, including having multiple configs for your computer for different programs!

I remember learning how to use internet FTP back in 93 in order to download a shareware program called Return to Castle Wolfenstein. From there I cemented my passion for technology and led to a career.

its almost sad today that 99% of games just "work" and don't require fiddling with your PC so its like that gateway to technology is closed.

fun to reminisce with you old timers! ha!

@drharney, liked the IIc too (so sleek!).

@solly, got tons of warez from my buddies (during our Dungeons and Dragons campaigns). True haxors knew how to turn a single-sided DD 5.25" floppy to a double-sided with a hole puncher, LOL. Dot matrix printers FTW!
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 11:30 AM - 03/07/14 »
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What age are the Ximers on here? Just curious :)
« Reply #169 on: 11:48 AM - 03/07/14 »
30 is young?

30 is extremely young.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #170 on: 11:49 AM - 03/07/14 »
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 12:23 PM - 03/07/14 »
42 soon like Obsiv :D but I am older by couple months. That is very important to me LOL

41 here as well, sounds like a good group to be in.  ;)

Oh yeah forgot to add, just got my 1st pair of prescription glasses yesterday, just for gaming! The optometrist thought I was kidding Lol... the ignoranus!

I was thinking of getting some new glasses for gaming lol.  I wear contacts 99% of the time so my glasses are a $20 pair lol.

Is this first set of glasses at all for you or do you prefer glasses to contacts when gaming..

Yeah this was my first pair of glasses EVER!

It was a pretty hilarious experience to be honest. I sit exactly 4 1/2ft. from my monitor. So I made the optometrist stand that far away with his little letter chart. He got so annoyed going back and forth between making adjustments and holding the chart 4 1/2ft. away that he called in his secretary to hold the chart for him. I wasn't leaving there until I had perfect vision at that distance lol..

I have 15/20 vision for distance. But reading off the monitor started to get a little blurred at times so I thought WTH I'll give glasses a try just for that. Man, I am amazed at how much it improved my vision for gaming. I see blacks and reds so much better that it almost seems 3dish. Everything really pops out, I would compare it to seeing 480p and then suddenly 720p. I'm seeing alot of little details that I honestly didn't even no I was missing. Pretty cool cause I thought my vision was actually really good without glasses!

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 12:37 PM - 03/07/14 »
Wow, I feel young in here.

16 years old.

Sorry for the double post.

But what you young guys don't realize is that when you get older you actually have more time for gaming. I'm not talking 20's, 30's so much because you have young kids usually during that time frame. But now my kids are all adults except one so it's just me and the wife mostly. Sure we go camping and on vacations, we both still snow board (I live in Colorado after all). But we have alot of extra time on our hands now. Way more then I did in my 20's and 30's. Hell I was fighting wars back then and in my Teens I was always chasing girls or running around town. Sure I had some Mario, Link and Tecmo Bowl binge runs but I game ALOT more now then I did back then!

Offline Lisu

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 02:05 PM - 03/07/14 »
42 soon like Obsiv :D but I am older by couple months. That is very important to me LOL

41 here as well, sounds like a good group to be in.  ;)

Oh yeah forgot to add, just got my 1st pair of prescription glasses yesterday, just for gaming! The optometrist thought I was kidding Lol... the ignoranus!

I can see thise banners at opticians now:
Want to improve your K/D ratio? Want to pwn and 0wn?! Get new glasses now!

I was thinking of getting some new glasses for gaming lol.  I wear contacts 99% of the time so my glasses are a $20 pair lol.

Is this first set of glasses at all for you or do you prefer glasses to contacts when gaming..

Yeah this was my first pair of glasses EVER!

It was a pretty hilarious experience to be honest. I sit exactly 4 1/2ft. from my monitor. So I made the optometrist stand that far away with his little letter chart. He got so annoyed going back and forth between making adjustments and holding the chart 4 1/2ft. away that he called in his secretary to hold the chart for him. I wasn't leaving there until I had perfect vision at that distance lol..

I have 15/20 vision for distance. But reading off the monitor started to get a little blurred at times so I thought WTH I'll give glasses a try just for that. Man, I am amazed at how much it improved my vision for gaming. I see blacks and reds so much better that it almost seems 3dish. Everything really pops out, I would compare it to seeing 480p and then suddenly 720p. I'm seeing alot of little details that I honestly didn't even no I was missing. Pretty cool cause I thought my vision was actually really good without glasses!

I can see those banners at opticians now:
Want to improve your K / D ratio? Want to pwn and 0wn? !Get your glasses now!!! 11!
« Last Edit: 02:10 PM - 03/07/14 by Lisu »

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 02:46 PM - 03/07/14 »
^ It is the wave of the future my friend, we're all just ahead of our time!   8)

Kind of like XIM  ;)

Offline Urlacher54

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: N-u-S-k-o-o-l
« Reply #175 on: 04:28 PM - 03/07/14 »
50.4 yrs old......like a guy earlier said and a line I use a lot is 50 is the new 40.
We have no kids.  Actually, I'm the big kid.
Use to be a die hard gamer on PC........I use to play only single player back in the day. The first game that got me into playing the multiplayer was Kingpin:Life of Crime.  I still remember the great times playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein.  I never looked back after that.
50 is just a number!!!!!
I'll be gaming until life is over!!!!!
Game on MOFO's  :)
Peace out.....................

Offline Madrid

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 04:42 PM - 03/07/14 »
Wow! And i thought that i was alone in my generation. 44

Mark on the DOOM game on us!

Offline OvC4LiFe

• COME GET SOME!!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: iNsTiGaTi0N ( with a zero )
  • PSN ID: XiMsTiGaTi0N
« Reply #177 on: 04:45 PM - 03/07/14 »
26 going on 27 in about a month.
"From dust we came, to dust we shall return."

Offline Ajkula999

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ajkula999
« Reply #178 on: 05:55 PM - 03/07/14 »
33  8)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #179 on: 06:43 PM - 03/07/14 »
26 made.
soon..

Admin