XIM Community

What age are the Ximers on here? Just curious :)  (Read 27204 times)

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: What age are the Ximers on here? Just curious :)
« Reply #150 on: 03:37 PM - 03/06/14 »
I hated cleaning ball mice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude.. THAT WAS THE WORST!

Kid's these days have no idea how much they should cherish laser mice.

I remember getting my first neutered mouse and playing CS 1.6... was amazing.

oh god - those days

But at the same time there was nothing as satisfying as a freshly cleaned mouse. Instant gratification.

LOL! That I agree with. I would have more fun taking the ball out of it and cleaning it, than actually using it lol.

Offline hadleydb

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 03:44 PM - 03/06/14 »
38 here.  Good to see so many people in my age group.  I guess it makes sense since most of us were all heavy pc gamers in the past and use Xim now.

Offline Long Duk Dong

• From Pain Comes Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 04:08 PM - 03/06/14 »
I hated cleaning ball mice.

I know right? I always had to give them a thimble full of Nyquil just so I could get their little legs apar..... Oh, wait, never mind....
**From Pain Comes Knowledge**
XIM Edge
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G13
Anker Laser Gaming Mouse with 8200 DPI
Sony Nav
PS4 Gold Wireless V7.1
Turtle Beach PX5
Oh-Yeah....

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 04:32 PM - 03/06/14 »
41 here.  :o

Offline abowman22

• LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULL!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: abowman22
« Reply #154 on: 05:16 PM - 03/06/14 »
57 years young :P

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #155 on: 06:08 PM - 03/06/14 »
38 here.  Good to see so many people in my age group.  I guess it makes sense since most of us were all heavy pc gamers in the past and use Xim now.

Full disclosure, my first PC was an Apple IIe (gasp!). All my friends had one too, which made the decision easier.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Lilweedkila510

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Lilweedkila510
« Reply #156 on: 06:28 PM - 03/06/14 »
We are in danger or extinction guys, the new generation of gamers are all console players, controller players. The PC community is getting smaller as the time goes by. As someone above me said, its not surprising at all that the average age here is around 29-30

I don't think that's true at all.  Most of my friends and co-workers are all primarily PC gamers and only a handful are console players.  My co-workers are all much younger than me (I'm 45) and they have no interest in consoles at all.  I am primarily a PC gamer as well.  I just have a 2 close friends that only game on console so I use the XIM so I can play with them without wanting to pull my hair out.

For background, I went from Atari 2600 > Colecovision > C64 > Amiga > PC.  I've always owned all the current consoles but after the C64 mostly played on the PC and definitely when the 3DO/N64/PS1 generation came out I found out how ridiculous it was to try to play a FPS with a controller, especially after years of playing Doom / Duke 3D / Quake / etc with mouse & kb.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear up some misconceptions about PC gaming - it's bigger than it's ever been and nowhere near as expensive as people like to make it out to be and you get a much better game experience overall.  Consoles are great because they can limit the amount of hacking / cheating and they never need to be upgraded (which is also a downside).

yea i went from xbox 360 to pc and then when i played my 360 i was man if only i had my mouse and keys  i would give these guys A BEATING. and BAM xim3 on mw2 i was always on top beastin

Offline giuseppe

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 06:36 PM - 03/06/14 »
28, 09-28-1985

mist, mouse, colb we need to make a club. Us 28 year olds gotta stick together.

THIS.  -- I am 28 as well. Wife, House, No kids yet... I offered my wife a puppy instead.. it isn't going well.. although I still ended up with the dog. haha

Trying to remember my first PC shooter.. I want to say was Wolf 3D back in the days before strafe.

I do remember the tedious task of cleaning the lint out of ball mice.. until my father brought this cleaning kit home that he was using at work (nerds.. like father like son)  It was like a velcro ball the same size as the mouse ball, you drop that in and then use the mouse on a special pad.. a few swipes and your mouse was good as new.
Xbox One Day One Edition | Xbox 360 Slim 250GB
XIM Edge | Razer Orbweaver | Logitech G700S | Turtle Beach XP 510
Crappy End Table | Brookstone Lap Desk | Old Mouse Pad | Comfy Recliner | 60" Sharp LED TV

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 07:54 PM - 03/06/14 »
Well I don't know how you are concluding that PC gaming community is bigger than ever. The biggest it ever was, its when command and conquer and battlefield 1942 were popular .  its declining everyday because of hackers and prices of upgrades which in my opinion its a rippoff . we should focus on topic though. I don't think I will ever stop gaming. Its always been a part of my life and I will keep playing until I can't anymore :)

Offline giuseppe

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 08:02 PM - 03/06/14 »
Well I don't know how you are concluding that PC gaming community is bigger than ever. The biggest it ever was, its when command and conquer and battlefield 1942 were popular .  its declining everyday because of hackers and prices of upgrades which in my opinion its a rippoff . we should focus on topic though. I don't think I will ever stop gaming. Its always been a part of my life and I will keep playing until I can't anymore :)

Exactly why I am on xbox.

Less hackers
Don't have to upgrade as often
Thanks to XIM, I still get to KB/M.

I do fondly recall the days of BF1942 and Command and Conquer.. Red Alert was my favorite.. especially the cheesy cut scenes hahaha
Xbox One Day One Edition | Xbox 360 Slim 250GB
XIM Edge | Razer Orbweaver | Logitech G700S | Turtle Beach XP 510
Crappy End Table | Brookstone Lap Desk | Old Mouse Pad | Comfy Recliner | 60" Sharp LED TV

scrotesmd

« Reply #160 on: 01:54 AM - 03/07/14 »
33 here married with 2 kids, that still sounds weird.

Offline CUBIC1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cubic
« Reply #161 on: 08:19 AM - 03/07/14 »
24 years
Two charming girls and wife (:

but i bought the xim for my cousin and he is 13 years old and he has a kd of 4 in bf3 !! coz of te xim

13 is the youngest one so far >>?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 08:21 AM - 03/07/14 »
41 here.  :o

LOL another 1972 there.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #163 on: 08:53 AM - 03/07/14 »

Full disclosure, my first PC was an Apple IIe (gasp!). All my friends had one too, which made the decision easier.

APPLE IIc here. but I was only like 5.. used to play games like kings quest / archon / thexder

Offline Tarkle

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 09:34 AM - 03/07/14 »
23 Here, 24 in August. I started out with windows 2.0 and remember playing Doom through DOS in '94. (You guys must remember I was only 4 then.) And who could forget the simplicity of GOD mode for Doom. IDDQD!!

Admin