XIM Community

Xbox One Twitch App Streams at 720p (1280x720) compared to PS4's 960x540  (Read 2061 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
The Xbox One Twitch streaming app is set to debut ahead of the Titanfall launch next week and Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb showed off a demo Monday night with a few rounds of Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.

The Twitch app will be launched as part of the Xbox One spring update ahead of the Titanfall launch on Tuesday, March 11. Exact details of when the update will be rolled out has not been announced yet. However, Hyrb was able to confirm a number of details for the app and a stream analyzer reveals that the game runs at 1280x720, 30fps and approximately 2.5 mbps. For comparison, the PS4 Twitch app streams at 960x540, 30 fps and approximately 1.7mbps.

When you first open the Twitch app on Xbox One, it will test your connection to determine your best settings for streaming. You can change those settings if you like though according to Hyrb. You can start streaming at anytime by launching the Twitch app with your controller or using the "Xbox Broadcast" voice command.

The Twitch app will be loaded up in "Snapped" mode at default but can be unsnapped as well. You won't be able to use the GameDVR at the same time though.

SmartGlass will not be supported at launch though you can just as easily pull up the Twitch chat for your stream with a tablet, laptop or other supported device.

Some of the other details include:

Automatic archiving of Twitch streams is supported.
The standard Xbox headset chat can be used but viewers will not be able to hear anybody else from your party.
Chat and viewer stats will be displayed on screen without being displayed in the stream.
Picture-in-picture screens can be used to show video from Kinect and can be placed in any of the four corners of the screen.
Twitch can ban consoles if caught streaming something inappropriate.
Nelson plans to host more Twitch streaming demos through the week including a stream on Friday with a "special guest." No details on who that might be yet.

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-one-twitch-streaming-demoed-by-major-nelson-streams-at-720p

Here is the demo stream he did on Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/majornelson/b/508108676

Pretty cool. Looks a lot better than the horrible super-pixelated PS4 streams I have seen.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
Yep PS4 streams look like butt. The skydrive clips people upload are 720p 3Mb and they look like butt too. It'll be interesting if the twitch streams end up looking better than those, or at least as good.
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
This is going to go well.  ::) ::)  Why are people constantly trying to justify one system is better than the other on here?  My gawd people let it go already.  Buy what you want and play it.......jeezis.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
This is going to go well.  ::) ::)  Why are people constantly trying to justify one system is better than the other on here?  My gawd people let it go already.  Buy what you want and play it.......jeezis.

Lol... nice assumption there. I'm simply stating what was said in the article... no where did I try to "justify" a system being better than another.

I'm looking forward to Xbox One finally getting streaming support... so that automatically means I'm bashing PS4.... oh, makes sense.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
that automatically means I'm bashing PS4.... oh, makes sense.

No it doesn't, but people will take it that way or it will turn in that direction.  It seems like it always does.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong.  We'll see.  If people can be civilized about it, it may be an informative thread.  Let's hope.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
You started taking that direction just by showing up with your eye rolling smiley faces and asking why people try to justify one over the other when nobody has done anything of the sort yet.

And yes, of course the two twitch experiences will be compared in this thread. The consoles are in direct competition with each other and both have twitch apps, why wouldn't the apps be compared?
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
PS4s I feel is unwatchable. 

Worst feature of new gen IMHO.  I hope XBone's is better. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile

PS4s I feel is unwatchable. 

Worst feature of new gen IMHO.  I hope XBone's is better.

I thought the same thing until I saw 12k people watching that stream I posted in the other thread, it was like 144p vid on YouTube.

😂😂😭

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
anything of the sort yet.

And yes, of course the two twitch experiences will be compared in this thread. The consoles are in direct competition with each other and both have twitch apps, why wouldn't the apps be compared?

I hope you're right. The track record on this forum isn't to good when any comparison threads are made unfortunately.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
I don't understand why they'd put such a cool feature in and gimp it with the bandwith allotted...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
Can the resolutions be upgraded in the future?
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
2,5mbits is a ton, i dont see a lot of people streaming then
i mean having constant 2,5mbits + 200-400kbits for the game itself is quite a number, we re almost at 3mbits constant
but maybe it works like with the ps4 that the system adapts to lower bandwidth and thus makes the video more pixelated on a lower bitratio
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
Can the resolutions be upgraded in the future?

I believe they said they are upgrading the twitch app on ps4 as well
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
its all pretty much beta right now, it will improve over time. However if someones serious about streaming, you do it through a pc. Way better quality and more stuff u can add to the image, like additional layout, ads etc.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
a bit off topic, but this channel on youtube took out an ad on youtube just for @#$% and giggles to show a retard raging in game.  i went to youtue to watch a video and this @#$% was my ad...

this is their channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSandyRavage?gclid=CP_D_dSz-bwCFVRo7AodZFgA6A

this is the video where teh ad showed up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xeC2aY4GoY

this was the ad that showed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=trueview-instream&v=JmxnGmIahYQ

sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Admin