XIM Community

PS4 is RUNNING  (Read 88986 times)

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 is RUNNING
« Reply #75 on: 10:58 AM - 03/03/14 »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #76 on: 10:58 AM - 03/03/14 »
I suppose what Orbital figured out can be reverse engineered with a protocol analyzer and a brain?

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #77 on: 10:59 AM - 03/03/14 »
Awesome work Orbital! And of course it will be copied...

the greatest form of flattery is imitation...

in the tech world this is unfortunate because it is so easy to just steal it all and not give any credit...but we will know.

Offline keroberos

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11:00 AM - 03/03/14 »
so we can go ahead and grab Laird BT+ hub?

I assume yes since the BT+Hub are required for the XIM to talk to your PC/Phone.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #79 on: 11:00 AM - 03/03/14 »
Touchpad isn't in yet, Orbital has confidence that it can be done. Audio isn't something he has looked at yet, but, he will. We are prioritizing Xbox One audio before that though.

Some will probably disagree, but I think it's easily fine to prioritize Xbox Audio over PS4 audio. PS4 still allows USB headsets and has some first party wireless options. There are enough legitimate methods of using a headset without going through the controller at all that it should be fine.

Out of curiosity, can you say much about how mapping gestures to keys might possibly work? Would it be something like XIM listens for a swipe pattern and then you tell it what key to map to?

One last question - I assume that while swipes might take time, actually pressing the touchpad down (which is a physical button) will be in from the get-go? Several games use that button press for important features.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 11:10 AM - 03/03/14 »
They will just USB sniff what the XIM4 has to say. I guess to have at least a bit of an ahead time it is safe to say that you will not put it on the Beta but on the released XIM4 only?
Crusade atm: none

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #81 on: 11:19 AM - 03/03/14 »
They will just USB sniff what the XIM4 has to say. I guess to have at least a bit of an ahead time it is safe to say that you will not put it on the Beta but on the released XIM4 only?

I hope not, I just sold my W11CE device a few days ago because I was sure OBsIV would be releasing the PS4 supported firmware :(
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 11:22 AM - 03/03/14 »
As soon as the method is released through the Beta, it will be copied.

sounds to me like it'll be in the beta.

Offline PernaBamba

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 11:22 AM - 03/03/14 »
Great news. Congratulations Orbital and OBsIV.
The Portuguese community thanks you.
You and your staff are brilliant.
Waiting for the new firmware.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11:27 AM - 03/03/14 »
I would not put it in the beta, as much as I would love to have it. He would have competitors with DS4 to PS4 KBAM before his release.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11:31 AM - 03/03/14 »
I'm surprised to see you say that, usually we have opposite opinions. A big factor is how close xim4 is to release.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 11:32 AM - 03/03/14 »
I would not put it in the beta, as much as I would love to have it. He would have competitors with DS4 to PS4 KBAM before his release.

The quality has always been what sells XIM, not exclusivity. I don't think he would change that now.
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline metr0

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 11:36 AM - 03/03/14 »
will we see the audio passthrough in beta now that ps4 is working(congrats guys!!!)?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #88 on: 11:36 AM - 03/03/14 »
Yeah, I think if we're in a place where XIM4 can be released in 4-5 weeks then it's probably worth doing a closed beta for PS4 support to keep the others from ripping you off until the retail launch.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 11:37 AM - 03/03/14 »
I'm surprised to see you say that, usually we have opposite opinions. A big factor is how close xim4 is to release.

Yeah sometimes we are on the same wave Mist. Just read a post that the Venom does not need Hori either so that’s also a factor. If the others know the trick then a beta could help a) keep people from byuing competion (dont underestimate the urge to KBAM) and b) find some bugs before release.