XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501817 times)

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
Re: Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« Reply #1365 on: 09:47 AM - 09/30/14 »
Yeah, just checked my junk, I only have blue stuffs too, will pvp tonight and see what the gods gift,

I wouldn't hold out too much hope, PvP for me was a dead end on actually picking up legendary gear. Did a Queen's Wrath mission and picked up a legendary sniper rifle and chest armour - I was very happy to say the least!

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #1366 on: 10:27 AM - 09/30/14 »
Yeah, just checked my junk, I only have blue stuffs too, will pvp tonight and see what the gods gift,

I wouldn't hold out too much hope, PvP for me was a dead end on actually picking up legendary gear. Did a Queen's Wrath mission and picked up a legendary sniper rifle and chest armour - I was very happy to say the least!

Got that sniper rifle too.  Pretty beast.  Does 13k precision damage  :o

You are guaranteed a legendary item for every Queen's Wrath.  The annoying thing is that I keep getting the same helmet and chest plate over and over.  Have 3 of each.  Just want gauntlets and boots.  I'll even take the Legendary ship at this point lol.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #1367 on: 10:52 AM - 09/30/14 »
Wasn't very excited prior to the game being released, so I didn't have much in the way of hyped expectations.

Bought the game, played for a bit, now at 25ish, not supper impressed.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 11:13 AM - 09/30/14 »
Wasn't very excited prior to the game being released, so I didn't have much in the way of hyped expectations.

I am enjoying the game a lot. Used to play WOW in a high end raid guild. This game is pretty good tbh. It just needs some more features tweaking. The PVP is honestly quite excellent.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: 11:20 AM - 09/30/14 »

I am enjoying the game a lot. Used to play WOW in a high end raid guild. This game is pretty good tbh. It just needs some more features tweaking. The PVP is honestly quite excellent.

Love the PvP.  It isn't Battlefield (what is lol?) but it's quite fun.

Will be 100 times more fun after the Fusion Rifle nerf.  So sick of dying without any chance to respond, because people charge them up while behind a wall so that as soon as they appear from behind the wall the shot fires and OHKs you.  Only thing I hate.  Don't even mind Shotguns.  Just the Fusion Rifle peekaboo.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 11:35 AM - 09/30/14 »

Will be 100 times more fun after the Fusion Rifle nerf.  So sick of dying without any chance to respond, because people charge them up while behind a wall so that as soon as they appear from behind the wall the shot fires and OHKs you.  Only thing I hate.  Don't even mind Shotguns.  Just the Fusion Rifle peekaboo.

Fusion rifles don't even bother me that much, not since getting the exotic auto-rifle. It's seriously ridiculous how OP that thing is... Kid's getting wrecked and I don't even know the maps yet.

Not gonna lie though, I'm looking forward to Shotguns/fusion rifles/auto-rifles getting the nerfstick + the Scout rifle hand cannon buffs. Gonna be fun times.
I am Spartacus!

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: 11:50 AM - 09/30/14 »
They just seriously need to reward players for skill and not just time sinking.....

Are queen's wrath strikes hard? I need some legendary crap, but have been avoiding strikes because pubs suck so bad....do I need to manually find people for QW?

EDIT: oh yeah just realized there's no matchmaking for QW.....how do people without friends play this game? There's no chat box like MMO's where you can be LFGing....
« Last Edit: 11:55 AM - 09/30/14 by nataku_0 »

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 11:52 AM - 09/30/14 »

Fusion rifles don't even bother me that much, not since getting the exotic auto-rifle. It's seriously ridiculous how OP that thing is... Kid's getting wrecked and I don't even know the maps yet.

Not gonna lie though, I'm looking forward to Shotguns/fusion rifles/auto-rifles getting the nerfstick + the Scout rifle hand cannon buffs. Gonna be fun times.

Doesn't matter what weapon you have.  If they do the Fusion Rifle peekaboo correctly, you won't get off a single shot. 

They appear.  You die.  The end.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 11:54 AM - 09/30/14 »

Doesn't matter what weapon you have.  If they do the Fusion Rifle peekaboo correctly, you won't get off a single shot. 

Only if you approach a corner all close like a dummy when the radar shows them there. =)
I am Spartacus!

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 12:06 PM - 09/30/14 »
Sniping is absolutely beautiful though in this game...having 3 guys trying to snipe me and i pick them off headshot by headshot.....

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: 12:11 PM - 09/30/14 »
Are queen's wrath strikes hard? I need some legendary crap, but have been avoiding strikes because pubs suck so bad....do I need to manually find people for QW?
I started doing the Earth-based "devil archon" QW kill order solo at around 25 or 26.  It's tough and takes time, but there's a ton of cover as long as you take out the shanks ASAP.  (They will come and kill you in cover.)  It's definitely the easiest of the QW kill orders, though I should point out that the chest armor doesn't drop much.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #1376 on: 12:26 PM - 09/30/14 »

There is a member in here that I play pvp that is pretty beast with the fusion rifle.  He doesn't camp or peekaboo with it. He goes Rambo. How he does it I don't get. He clearly knows what he's doing.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #1377 on: 12:38 PM - 09/30/14 »

I too used to play WoW. This is a far cry from the breadth and depth of WoW.

I agree that it can use tweaking and that there is good potential, but my disappointment and critique is based off of what I get out-of-the-box, not on potential. The handful of maps and repeating set-pieces, with mobs who's only distinguishing characteristic is not their AI or combat, but merely the skins. Boss battles are all the same - hide, peak, shoot, repeat. The classes are, for all intents and purposes, identical.

It was fun the first time through, but having to grind out strikes and dailies for ... not gear ... is odd and boring.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 12:51 PM - 09/30/14 »

Sniping is absolutely beautiful though in this game...having 3 guys trying to snipe me and i pick them off headshot by headshot.....

I had a nice turn with a sniper! 3v3....

http://youtu.be/FOL037c80iY

Aiken was there too!

Winnie
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 12:53 PM - 09/30/14 »
I see all.  I know all.

And I see and know that Winnie's much better with a sniper rifle than I am.  :)