XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501847 times)

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
Re: Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« Reply #1170 on: 07:05 AM - 09/12/14 »
some random thoughts.

sounds like bungie balanced the PVP for all level 20's -- in that case, why have a crucible option for those under 20-- bad design.

I'm just starting out and hitting the moon this weekend, but like someone said, fireteaming the PVE missions on hard difficulty was way more fun and challenging than normal which was a yawn.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #1171 on: 07:07 AM - 09/12/14 »
Yeah, under 20 PvP is hit or miss.  Some rounds I do good and some I don't.  I tend to get one shotted in the back A LOT... ABC just laughs at me.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 10:31 AM - 09/12/14 »
I finally tried PvP last night.  I can't imagine what they were thinking, sticking a level 10 in with level 24's.  Even if there's actually some kind of playfield-leveling going on, the impression I got was of being utterly outmatched purely by firepower and shielding.  A level 24 would bungle into a room, I'd unload my AR into him, and eventually he'd react and turn around and OSK me like I'd been twiddling my thumbs waiting for it.

I kinda feel like they spent their entire budget on content creation and marketing, and practically nothing on the game's actual logic...

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: 11:24 AM - 09/12/14 »
Headshots aiken... headshots.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 11:35 AM - 09/12/14 »

I do understand the basic tenets of FPS gameplay and tactics, you know. :P

I just have lousy reflexes and people won't hold still to compensate for that.  Regardless, I saw several occasions where someone was at least as bad as I was, but at a higher level, and the fight was just brutally in their favor due to some combination of level and/or gear.  It's par for the course to be outmatched in skill, but this was something other than that.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: 12:05 PM - 09/12/14 »
There's only a few instances where I feel I've been beaten by a higher level due to gear or stat differences.  Most of the time it's my fault for running around like a tard.

Gun on gun face to face = I win.  Headshots with a handcannon or autorifle kills plenty goot.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 12:18 PM - 09/12/14 »

the fight was just brutally in their favor due to some combination of level and/or gear.

pretty much the definition of unbalanced lol

which is weird, halo is well balanced, don't see why they would make it like this, hopefully they patch it up.

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 12:39 PM - 09/12/14 »
There's only a few instances where I feel I've been beaten by a higher level due to gear or stat differences.
Were they level 24 and you level 11?  That's really what I'm talking about here.  I could cope with 13 vs. 11, or 23 vs. 21, but more than double my level just seemed ridiculous.

Even if they factor out level-based stats, people still get abilities along the way, and I've seen them in use, so I know they don't filter those out.

It just seems silly to me.  I really can't imagine what they were thinking.  You know, it doesn't even matter if they do manage to equalize all stats, including abilities, somehow, because the mere appearance of matching you to someone more than double your level makes a really, really bad impression on the player.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 12:43 PM - 09/12/14 »
I get what you're saying. From what I understand some mmo's like gw1 and gw2 set everyone at the same level with the same amount of unlocks regardless of their pve level. I don't know about gear though. I see why they would let people use their pve gear in multiplayer though, it gives incentive to grind pve for better stuff.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 12:47 PM - 09/12/14 »
I'm level 9 currently.  Took down plenty of 24's last night.  Avoid noob map tactics and take headshots, that's all I can say.  Works just fine.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 12:56 PM - 09/12/14 »
as for the PvP you are best equipped with an assault rifle that

1) has a scope that says in the description it reduces recoil or adds stability
dont care for the graphic bars, the description says how good a scope is not the stability bar

2) has at least one perk (not scope) that adds stability to the gun

i have a green galahad lv6 gun that has both of the above and i do win almost all encounters as my gun has laser-like recoil and i can hit opponents much better
in iron banner PvP this doesnt work though as the PvE stats do 1:1 carry over, go with your strongest gear then
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #1181 on: 01:07 PM - 09/12/14 »
I highly recommend a Shingen E for stability. It has an upgrade that completely maxes out the stability bar, and my favorite scope (rectangular yellow red dot). Absolutely NO recoil! Head shots for days baby

There are so many responses I want to make in this thread, and a few others. I've literally spent every waking momeny on Destiny though lol. The PVP is crazy fun! Blows any CoD game I've ever played out of the water. I'll be back in a few days  ::) Really excited for the ST. Also, I kinda like the BF4 ST more than Halo 4. Aiming feels snappier due to a tiny bit of acceleration. HIP feels smoother too.

Back to Destiny!
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 01:11 PM - 09/12/14 »
One reason why the Halo 4 ST may not be what it's cracked up to be is that Destiny was made by Bungie, and Halo 4 by 343 Studios at Microsoft.  They could easily have diverged from what would have been a common starting point in... um, Reach, I guess?  If anything, I would expect that to be a better ST than Halo 4, because I would not be at all surprised if 343 mucked with things, and Bungie left well enough alone.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 01:13 PM - 09/12/14 »
I highly recommend a Shingen E for stability. It has an upgrade that completely maxes out the stability bar, and my favorite scope (rectangular yellow red dot). Absolutely NO recoil! Head shots for days baby

There are so many responses I want to make in this thread, and a few others. I've literally spent every waking momeny on Destiny though lol. The PVP is crazy fun! Blows any CoD game I've ever played out of the water. I'll be back in a few days  ::) Really excited for the ST. Also, I kinda like the BF4 ST more than Halo 4. Aiming feels snappier due to a tiny bit of acceleration. HIP feels smoother too.

Back to Destiny!

I like how enthusiastic you are about this game. I miss that feeling, I think the last time I felt like that about a game was Dishonored.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #1184 on: 02:10 PM - 09/12/14 »
Getting it this weekend and can't wait to play!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Admin