XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501781 times)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
Re: Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« Reply #900 on: 06:56 PM - 08/29/14 »
why would the blade dancer be good for PvE?
the slice wave you can do seems to be effective for crowds of opponents that are in line, basically nothing you cannot solve with a grenade or a weapon too
its effecitve for the casual stuff but when facing the strongest of the strongest it seems to be rather ineffective and useless

you need to get quite close to the opponent to reach him with the wave, and for the stronger MOBs this wont be a one hit kill on them, after the activation of the slice you might have dropped him a few HP and you are fully healed too, but then you are up close to a creature that might give one hit kills on close range left and right
and im not going to be the one reviving a hunter just because he/she felt like using their super for a few % of damage dealing that you also could have done from a save distance with a gun and a few seconds of shooting to the weakspot

the other blade dance damage area effect around you is also range related, so you need to be quite close to the opponent to actually get a use out of it
once again the same issue if you cannot drop the opponent with it
therefore good in PvP were it most likely will indeed kill your opponent but useless in PvE imo were you face opponents with several thousand HP

Blade Dancer will be powerful in PvE because you can damage multiple enemies just like the warlock and titan. I can't confirm this, but I also think Bladedancer can have multiple uses. It might not be instant drain.

the warlock and titan might indeed have a "get out of jail" card with the nova bomb and the titan stomp/superman comet but its usually only for one single opponent and a very limited range while the golden gun for a good player is usually two kills at least and just as much of a "get out of jail" card as the supers of the other classes
and that doesnt even consider the longer golden gun duration that you can unlock later in the first skilltree
and its even usuable on longrange while the other two supers arent

sure for a casual player a warlock or titan will look more appealing as it doesnt need any real aim skill to bail out of a fight you might lose by using your super attack, but a real skilled player will destroy much more with a hunter class than with any other class in PvE

i mean why on earth would someone play the supporter warlock/titan in a PvE when playing with random teammates?
im sure we can all agree on that random teammates usually suck, so why even bother making them stronger when they cannot make any use out of it?
(thats different to PvE Raid/Vault of Glass were you play with friends or players you communicate and know)

Not always for a single opponent though. I saw every match people getting doubles to quad kills. With the Hunter, max you can get is 3 (unless you have the perk where 1 bullet can penetrate multiple opponents), if you can find 3 people. Often I could only get 1 kill or two. Also, when a Warlock and Titan use their super, their health doubles or triples. You can literally kill a Hunter as he is activating his super. Makes me so angry when that happens lol.

I have seen good players destroy opponents with every class. If you are really good with a titan or warlock, you have an advantage at melee, and maybe the super if you know when to use it.

Ultimately I think Bungie did a great job balancing the classes. All the classes are very strong if you know how to use them. If anything needs more tweaking I'm sure it will be taken care of after launch
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 08:21 PM - 08/29/14 »
yeah i get your point, maybe i just focused too much on the hunter (that im not going to play anyhow)
also im just judging from the theory, lets see how it actually turns out in the real scenario

something im also concerned about is the warlocks self-revive super ability
you can revive yourself and you come back with full health and all abilities boosted, could be pretty op too

but then as i said, lets wait and see how it plays out
im sure some adjustments have been made, eg im sure bungie will increase the health of the hunter while activating the super ability, that is indeed a disadvantage right now
or lower the health while going into super for the other classes too

id actually welcome that, gives you the slight chance of countering a guy going super infront of you
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 10:38 PM - 08/29/14 »
yeah i get your point, maybe i just focused too much on the hunter (that im not going to play anyhow)
also im just judging from the theory, lets see how it actually turns out in the real scenario

something im also concerned about is the warlocks self-revive super ability
you can revive yourself and you come back with full health and all abilities boosted, could be pretty op too

but then as i said, lets wait and see how it plays out
im sure some adjustments have been made, eg im sure bungie will increase the health of the hunter while activating the super ability, that is indeed a disadvantage right now
or lower the health while going into super for the other classes too

id actually welcome that, gives you the slight chance of countering a guy going super infront of you

We will all know soon how the classes will play out. I can't get across how ready I am for this game lol xD I'm more excited than any game ever. Like, I'm going crazy once this @#$% drops

Bungie will be on the lookout for op skills. They vow to tweak things that turn out too powerful relatively quickly
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Sweetdeal

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 02:59 AM - 08/30/14 »
Is there some actual Video of Destiny Gameplay with XIM4?

It looks like XIM4 is way slower then ChronusMax. Just woundering. XIM4 looks way more "Professional"

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #904 on: 03:54 AM - 08/30/14 »

It looks like XIM4 is way slower then ChronusMax. Just woundering. XIM4 looks way more "Professional"

yah just youtube search it, a german guy has game play of it, works great.

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 08:39 AM - 08/30/14 »

What do you mean XIM4 is slower?

You can adjust your own sensitivity levels

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 10:35 AM - 08/30/14 »

Cronus Max cannot be faster than XIM, the game decides on how fast you are not the adapter

here you can find gameplays from cronos and me:
www.youtube.com/ximgameplay
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 11:04 AM - 08/30/14 »
Whats going to be the ST of choice on release while we wait for the real deal from mist and co

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 11:10 AM - 08/30/14 »
probably Halo 4
i guess the release of a designed ST can take some time, its 4 consoles with HIP and ADS, thats 8 days of pure training and doesnt inlcude any optimizations

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 03:10 PM - 08/30/14 »
Was there any issues using an xbox st on ps4 and did u do anything to counter any issues during the beta?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 03:43 PM - 08/30/14 »
no there wasnt any issues except for the struggle to bind the buttons
the XIM Manager is displaying you the Xbox360 buttons and you have to figure out what does what in Destiny but thats it

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 04:04 PM - 08/30/14 »
Nice1 od1n il give it a whirl

Offline Sweetdeal

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 04:45 AM - 08/31/14 »
Do we get a Profile from you, once Destiny launched? Or we just use the Halo 4 Profile?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 10:50 AM - 08/31/14 »
Based on the beta, it sounds like you can use the Halo 4 ST until mist4fun finishes the official ST training, and then you'll have one that's actually set up for Destiny.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 12:45 PM - 08/31/14 »
I kinda wish the STs could be released as they were made. Who cares about favorites  ::) Just release next gen first, then 360 and PS3

Based off Bungie's latest weekly update, it sounds to me like the final boss in the Vault of Glass will be a massive dragon. All the weapons and armor you have seen with bones and spikes on them, dragon gear your get from completing some VoG.  ;) Venus is where the VoG is located, and there you see dragons flying around in the sky.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08292014/en/News/News?aid=12068

One more weekly update before the game launches!
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE