XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501815 times)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
Re: Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« Reply #780 on: 01:44 PM - 08/19/14 »
Facade, I read something recently that suggested the bluray drive could be a bottleneck, though I can't find it now. A test was done on some games (both disk and digital), saved to an SSD. When saved to the SSD, everything was quicker. I would honestly prefer to own a physical copy.  If it is true that Destiny, or any PS4 game, runs the exact same on both digital and disk (with an SSD), I'm going back to a physical copy.

Phantom, I completely understand why most people don't see the upgrade worth it. To me though, a 5-35% boost across the board is significant. Boot up time is one of the more affected areas, but nothing is made worse. When it comes to technology in general, I always prefer quicker over slower. I will only have a handful of games installed on my PS4. Space is not an issue for me. I also can afford to buy the upgrade. So similarly to upgrading my phone each year for the faster processors and better components, installing an SSD is important to me.

You are on to something with your seconds and minutes saved. It has been found that people who regularly use technology in general, waste many hours, sometimes days of their life each year while waiting for technology. You calculated the boot times alone, but factor everything together, and those numbers increase. Factor in all other technology in your life, and the rise much more. I love fast technology  :)
« Last Edit: 01:49 PM - 08/19/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #781 on: 01:53 PM - 08/19/14 »
All games run off the HD.  I think the disc is only used for authentication after install.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #782 on: 01:54 PM - 08/19/14 »
Yea all games are fully installed to the consoles now.
So it will be the same no matter what. The discs are now used for "authentication" to prove you own it.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 01:57 PM - 08/19/14 »
As for Destiny, I have had the LE preordered since it was announced.  Had the regular version preordered since October, but have since canceled that one obviously. 

Ended up netting 6 beta codes for preorders and got an additional 2 sent to me by Sony because I was in the Alpha.  I felt like Oprah when I was giving them away lol.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 02:26 PM - 08/19/14 »
I am pre-ordering Destiny after hearing about it non-stop from friends. Will there be translators on day one or will we have to find one that works?

Halo 4 ST worked fine for me.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 02:58 PM - 08/19/14 »
Destiny is one of the biggest games out this year.  I'm sure there will be an ST quite soon..

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 04:24 PM - 08/19/14 »
Destiny is one of the biggest games out this year.  I'm sure there will be an ST quite soon..

I have no doubt there will be translators.   My buddies are hitting the midnight release and i was thinking about doing the same.   I don't really care to get the game ASAP if i won't be able to play it effectively. 

I was just wondering how long it takes to release translators after a game is released.
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 06:05 PM - 08/19/14 »
Yea all games are fully installed to the consoles now.
So it will be the same no matter what. The discs are now used for "authentication" to prove you own it.

Sweet, thanks. I'm definitely going physical now

I have no doubt there will be translators.   My buddies are hitting the midnight release and i was thinking about doing the same.   I don't really care to get the game ASAP if i won't be able to play it effectively. 

I was just wondering how long it takes to release translators after a game is released.

I'm hoping the Gamestop by me does a midnight release. Will then be playing this game for maaany hours straight.

I'm anxious to see how much better a tuned ST is over the Halo 4.

September 9th is closer than ever!
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 06:14 PM - 08/19/14 »
One of my buddies took that day off of work.  He fell in love during the beta and talked me into getting it.  I only play cod and didn't play the Destiny beta so it might be a train wreck.
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 07:35 PM - 08/19/14 »

I think it only takes hours mist said.  Assuming that they get the game on day one or possibly earlier if they're lucky, it could be available around launch.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 08:40 PM - 08/19/14 »
One of my buddies took that day off of work.  He fell in love during the beta and talked me into getting it.  I only play cod and didn't play the Destiny beta so it might be a train wreck.

I took off work too lol. The beta was the most fun I've had since Bo2 came out. I play only CoD too, but once Destiny drops, I'll probably do 90% Destiny, 10% AW.

CoD to Destiny was the biggest shift I've ever made. Hip aiming feels completely different, and takes some getting used to. I had never played a Halo, or anything from Bungie. The first couple days in the Alpha was a consistent .5-1.2kd. Veeery frustrating for me, since I'm used to played pretty well on CoD. After the aiming mechanics set in though, it was 1.5-5kd most games.

Glad you were talked into getting it. Destiny is a ton of fun  ;)
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #791 on: 08:53 PM - 08/19/14 »

I think it only takes hours mist said.  Assuming that they get the game on day one or possibly earlier if they're lucky, it could be available around launch.

It'll be at least a week after launch.  4 consoles to consider, folks.  He has to get physical copies for each system, set the trainer, let it do it's thing, do his wizardry, etc etc etc.  And the trainer needs almost a day each for both hip and ads for each specific system....you do the math. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 10:43 PM - 08/19/14 »
Hopefully the PS4 comes first  ::)

Also, just saw this on Reddit. Awesome lol

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 05:28 AM - 08/20/14 »
Hopefully the PS4 comes first  ::)

They always release them all together to not show favortism.
I am Spartacus!

Offline wdmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 11:11 AM - 08/20/14 »
Halo 4 ST worked fine for me.

Was this for the Xbox One?