XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501805 times)

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« Reply #765 on: 03:15 PM - 08/15/14 »
I didn't preorder, only because I don't see the point. If I find a deal that includes something other than a DELL gift card I'll do it, but for now I just don't see the point in waiting and picking it up on launch day if the reviews are solid.

The only good deal out there right now is the digital version that includes the DLC down the road + all the digital items from the ghost edition. 

for $100 I wasn't going to complain.  I love to collect physical copies but in this case the digital deal saved me nearly $30 so @#$% it I said.  That and the pre-load so I can play right at midnight.

What's the deal with those items? What are they exactly?

I can't justify dropping 100$'s on a game, just my thing. 60$ purchases rarely happen either.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #766 on: 03:44 PM - 08/15/14 »
I tried to get the Ghost Edition, but it sold out in less than 48 hours. The Limited Edition sold out a few days later, so as of now you can no longer buy them (unless you use eBay of course). I plan to get the digital edition now since I recently upgraded to an SSD.

The Ghost Edition comes with a functioning Ghost that senses motion.

Also included:

Limited Edition SteelBook Case and Game Disc
Guardian Folio
Postcards from the Golden Age
Antique Star Chart
Collector's Edition Digital Content including:
A Unique Ghost Casing
An Exclusive Player Emblem
An Exclusive Player Ship Variant
INCLUDES THE DESTINY EXPANSION PASS*

The Limited has everything in the Ghost Edition, except the Ghost. The download edition is essentially everything nonphysical.

PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 12:41 PM - 08/18/14 »
Here is the official Venus trailer, fresh off the press

Also, here is an in depth review of the Bladedance Hunter subclass

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #768 on: 01:15 PM - 08/18/14 »
how were the look speed caps in the destiny beta? I got Titanfall setup on my xim4 yesterday and got to see just how messed up translation can be with low speed caps - even at insane with drift guard disabled.

Offline Flexxer

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 01:31 PM - 08/18/14 »
how were the look speed caps in the destiny beta? I got Titanfall setup on my xim4 yesterday and got to see just how messed up translation can be with low speed caps - even at insane with drift guard disabled.

It's like Halo. Between bf/cod and Titanfall. Not perfect for xim but better than Titanfall.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 05:56 AM - 08/19/14 »
One thing that bothered me about Destiny on XBOX ONE during the public beta was the load times.

Would a SSD replacement fix this?
I am Spartacus!

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #771 on: 06:59 AM - 08/19/14 »
does it make a difference if you load the map in 5 seconds and the rest of your team loads it in 20? and then you have to wait another 15 for the round to start anyways?

only time this would help is for going back to the tower but i don't go there often lol.

Load times don't really stress me all that much though to each their own :P
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline andy21984

• Check out my youtube channel <3
    • View Profile
    • Xtreme Gaming
  • Gamertag: Xtreme Habbitz
« Reply #772 on: 07:10 AM - 08/19/14 »
Cancelled my pre order today, i think i'm going to wait until the full game is out and check some streams and reviews. I found the beta fun, but i dont know if the actual gameplay had that wow factor for me. FPS games are leaving me feeling a little deflated lately.
I feel the same way I'm just now finding friends on ps4 and xbox 1 so once I can get a more consistent group of people to play with I'll be excited.  Last thing I wanna do is PuG a game that requires coordination.
Feel free to add me Il be playing destiny and also play bf4 always playing with lots of guys from my team
YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/bino19841
Twitch~ http://www.twitch.tv/xtremehabbitz/profile
Facebook~ https://www.facebook.com/xtremegamingBF4
Twitter ~ https://twitter.com/andy21984

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #773 on: 11:09 AM - 08/19/14 »
One thing that bothered me about Destiny on XBOX ONE during the public beta was the load times.

Would a SSD replacement fix this?

It wasn't the load times that bothered me but the amount of loading (does that make sense?).

Like going from your location to the Tower involved loading the loading screen that loads the Tower.
They pretty much had loading screens for your loading screen.

As for the SSD portion, yes it would increase the speed but like others have said you would just be waiting around for the others to load as well.  It would also be up to you though if you found the price to be worth purchasing when you won't even get the full benefit tossing it into a PS4.

From my understanding the speed is quite noticable between a regular HDD and a SSD in the PS4 but the difference between a Hybrid drive and an SSD drive is minimal in the PS4. You would pretty much be better off buying a Hybrid drive for much, much cheaper with a larger capacity than you would be paying a higher price for a smaller SSD drive.
« Last Edit: 11:15 AM - 08/19/14 by facade »

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 11:30 AM - 08/19/14 »
Sif is correct. Your load times don't really matter if you are in a fire team loading into a PvP, since you you can't get into a game before your friends (like in CoD). But if you are loading into the tower (solo, or in a group), or connecting to a PvP match already in progress, an SSD should speed everything up, especially if it is digitally downloaded. I installed a Samsung 850 pro a couple days ago, and it has significantly sped up a lot of things. Boot up time on PS4 is 16 seconds vs 23.

I plan to get the digital edition of Destiny, so mix that with an SSD, and Destiny should be an even better experience.

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: 11:46 AM - 08/19/14 »
^
All games are installed to both next gen consoles so it will speed it up either way :)

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 12:39 PM - 08/19/14 »
^
All games are installed to both next gen consoles so it will speed it up either way :)

But it doesn't matter if the system isn't able to take advantage of faster HD speeds.
I am Spartacus!

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 12:55 PM - 08/19/14 »
^

But it doesn't matter if the system isn't able to take advantage of faster HD speeds.

It is able to make a difference, but no it's not worth throwing an SSD in there as it won't take full advantage of it.

The fact all games are installed will fill your drive up very quickly (depending on how many games you put in of course) and SSD drives are still pretty expensive *almost car payments* for the larger ones.

If I get an SSD it's going to be at least 500GB but I prefer larger, but I'm not buying a drive thats worth more than the PS4 itself to put in the PS4 and it won't even take full advantage of it.

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 01:14 PM - 08/19/14 »
Boot up time on PS4 is 16 seconds vs 23.

So, let's say you turn on your PS4 twice a day every day. That's 14 seconds a day you're saving, or about 7 minutes a month. Around 84 minutes a year. That's about 10 hours over a 7 year console generation. It really only makes sense to put in a 500GB or greater SSD, so that's going to set you back around $250 for a reasonably priced model. Let's say you make $15 dollars an hour at work. You would have to work nearly 17 hours to cover the cost of the SSD. That's just poor time management. You're much better off overall to keep the HDD and use the slightly longer load times to do some pushups or lunges or something.

Back to Destiny, I'll be getting this for X1 I guess. US, central time. GT: Jaximus Decimus

Not huge on Destiny's PvP, but I'm down for whatever. Even anal.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 01:35 PM - 08/19/14 »
I am pre-ordering Destiny after hearing about it non-stop from friends. Will there be translators on day one or will we have to find one that works?
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -