XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501826 times)

Offline toon

• View Profile
Re: Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« Reply #750 on: 08:40 AM - 08/13/14 »
haha fair enough.. very interesting :)
what seems unco for you is perfectly natural for me and visa versa
^^ this. ^^

I can play with both controller or MKB but when playing the controller i'm always thinking how to control .
MkB however ,i just do it.....no thinking.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #751 on: 11:27 AM - 08/13/14 »
I like playing in my recliner! Yes, I have a recliner infront of my desk.

+1
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #752 on: 11:28 AM - 08/13/14 »
I play on my recliner with my Orbweaver on the left armrest/my leg and the mousepad on the right armrest lol

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 11:35 AM - 08/13/14 »
Lol, I wish I could play well in my recliner. I play at a dest in a comfortable office chair.

Here is a great video explaining factions. I learned quite a bit I didn't know before

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 02:14 PM - 08/13/14 »
I'm very curious as to why/how people use a nav/wand in one hand and a mouse in the other... surely it has to be the most unco feeling ever... keyboard has to be the only option for serious gaming...
I use nav & mouse, it's far from uncomfortable. In fact, it's all I've ever used. I tried a few keyboards (some nice, high end ones) and returned them all.

It's second nature, my left hand can go anywhere during Gameplay.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 05:17 PM - 08/13/14 »
I agree that it feels pretty weird, but analog movement (vs. digital on keyboard) is quite nice in some situations.  It's not a bad tradeoff.  But yeah, it's weird.  I'm trying to get used to it myself.

Offline NY Dynasty

• http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NY Dynasty1977
« Reply #756 on: 08:47 PM - 08/13/14 »
I'm very curious as to why/how people use a nav/wand in one hand and a mouse in the other... surely it has to be the most unco feeling ever... keyboard has to be the only option for serious gaming...
honestly, when i got it with xim3 for bc2, it was very weird at first to the point I almost gave up on it.  but after being convinced here and a few days of practice, it got better until eventually, being a lifelong console player who appreciates the power of mice aiming, i consider the ultimate hybrid of controller/pc gaming.  its da kat denning tits!!!! 8)
" border="0

Why did I leave NY?????

XIM4
G700
Sony Nav
XB1
BenQ RL2455HM
Skullcandy PLYR 1s
Modelo 12pk

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 11:53 AM - 08/14/14 »
Cancelled my pre order today, i think i'm going to wait until the full game is out and check some streams and reviews. I found the beta fun, but i dont know if the actual gameplay had that wow factor for me. FPS games are leaving me feeling a little deflated lately.

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Demonkaze

• KB & M 4 Lyfe
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AimbotOnline
« Reply #758 on: 12:05 PM - 08/14/14 »
Cancelled my pre order today, i think i'm going to wait until the full game is out and check some streams and reviews. I found the beta fun, but i dont know if the actual gameplay had that wow factor for me. FPS games are leaving me feeling a little deflated lately.
I feel the same way I'm just now finding friends on ps4 and xbox 1 so once I can get a more consistent group of people to play with I'll be excited.  Last thing I wanna do is PuG a game that requires coordination.

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 04:40 PM - 08/14/14 »
So Destiny on xbox will be using microsoft servers?
On PS4, they'll be using PS4 servers?

Or does bungie have their own servers?

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #760 on: 12:55 AM - 08/15/14 »
For those of you waiting for a stream you know full well Team XIM will be all over this game broadcasting it to the XIM channel along with our own personal channels.

There is a big community here you should have plenty of people to play with.

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 11:56 AM - 08/15/14 »
used to that @#$% trigger!
- Lastely, I'm happy with my gaming performance. I initially came to XIM because I sucked at FPS's and was a consistant 1.0 player. I've never been the type of player that could stick to just one game for months on end. If I was I would've probably done better. Now, with XIM I can play a different game daily if I so choose and still perform well.

This is sort of my problem as well. I just play too many games (I'm still going through my backlog on X360, PS3, Wii, Wii U ...) and now with the PS4 (and PC, always) I just can't play a single game long enough to really learn it well (maps, weapons, etc).

The XIM4 seems to really allow me to keep playing all sorts of games and still be competitive in FPS shooters. Now I usually have the edge when aim determines the outcome, but still lose to players who know where to wait for me, have the proper weapon/class setup for a particular map - the sort of things you pickup when you play a particular game often.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 12:33 PM - 08/15/14 »
I'm sorry to hear some of you are canceling your preorders. I thought the beta was a ton of fun. The gameplay is very exciting imo. You have more time to react and counter someone unlike in CoD. Though the Hunter class is the only class I could ever play. Maybe I'll use a Warlock for PvE.

Here is a new trailer for Mars

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 01:33 PM - 08/15/14 »
I didn't preorder, only because I don't see the point. If I find a deal that includes something other than a DELL gift card I'll do it, but for now I just don't see the point in waiting and picking it up on launch day if the reviews are solid.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #764 on: 01:50 PM - 08/15/14 »
I didn't preorder, only because I don't see the point. If I find a deal that includes something other than a DELL gift card I'll do it, but for now I just don't see the point in waiting and picking it up on launch day if the reviews are solid.

The only good deal out there right now is the digital version that includes the DLC down the road + all the digital items from the ghost edition. 

for $100 I wasn't going to complain.  I love to collect physical copies but in this case the digital deal saved me nearly $30 so @#$% it I said.  That and the pre-load so I can play right at midnight.