XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501821 times)

Offline NY Dynasty

• http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NY Dynasty1977
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #630 on: 10:52 PM - 07/29/14 »
1.  what is the difference between the modes explore, story and strike and how do u specifically select them?  are they tied into each other in anyway? I am mainly looking to play a campaign mode as the crucible mode doesnt really draw my attention, I like more present day MP shooters.   
2.  can u play this game offline alone or is it always coop?
3.  how do u upgrade your weapons, armor, powers, etc?  I was a warlock btw.... 
4.  can u ever really play this game alone?

I was able to do the first 5 missions and after that (being lvl 6), I had some special mission to do that was like impossible cuz I felt my weapons were too weak, almost all the enemy waves were lvl 8-9, especially the boss.  wht was that mission? 

Thanks again for any help....cant wait til tomorrow  ;D!   

1.  what is the difference between the modes explore, story and strike and how do u specifically select them?  are they tied into each other in anyway? I am mainly looking to play a campaign mode as the crucible mode doesnt really draw my attention, I like more present day MP shooters.

There will be two mode in the game when released. One in Player versus Environment or PvE (Campaign mode) and Player versus Player or PvP (Matching Player v Player). Strike(s) is the same thing as PvE with somewhat more challenging mission. You can go to any game mode to get Crucible gear and level up the gear you've obtained. Crucible gear is important because it determines if you Guardian can survive in PvE, PvP and Strikes. In the normal Crucible playlist every player's gear and weapons have even stats expect for that specific weapon's power ups i.e bottom half of magazine does more damage or on random bullet in magazine does bonus damage. In the Iron Banner Crucible playlist weapons and armor stat restrictions are removed. so if a person has a higher level and better gear and weapons than you he will destroy you easily.

2.  can u play this game offline alone or is it always coop?

No. Its always online.

3. how do u upgrade your weapons, armor, powers, etc?  I was a warlock btw....

Upgrading weapons, armor and powers is simple. you have use them. Get kills with the weapons, armor and powers while they are equipped to level them up. Another way to level them up is to complete bounties in PvE, PvP or Strikes.

4.  can u ever really play this game alone?

Yes but you will always see other players in game stealing your kills :P

thanks for the tips, will take them with me in September.  how will i know if I am in explore mode or campaign/story mode?
" border="0

Why did I leave NY?????

XIM4
G700
Sony Nav
XB1
BenQ RL2455HM
Skullcandy PLYR 1s
Modelo 12pk

Offline NY Dynasty

• http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NY Dynasty1977
« Reply #631 on: 10:52 PM - 07/29/14 »
Regarding question 3 that's not exactly the case... You level up your weapons and armor when you gain XP. that means you can upgrade any weapon/armor without using it. All you need to do is have it equipped when you deliver a quest (like those banners or crucible missions) and the item will level up. I've already did this a couple of times, only I'm not sure if it will stay like this in the final version. But I'm pretty sure it will because high level weapons and armor will need all the help to level up that they can get.
thank u too....
" border="0

Why did I leave NY?????

XIM4
G700
Sony Nav
XB1
BenQ RL2455HM
Skullcandy PLYR 1s
Modelo 12pk

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 11:40 AM - 07/30/14 »
Can someone please explain to me the class differences?

I love to play snipers, A LOT. In borderlands 1 and 2 I played the sniper classes and loved it.

What class is the one for sniping in Destiny? Or maybe someone who really knows the game could give me a brief explanation of the classes and their play styles.

ALSO, preordering... where is the best place to preorder for the cheapest.

I NEVER preorder games, but I am going to with this one  =)
I am Spartacus!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 11:41 AM - 07/30/14 »
The hunter may have the best gun based perks but I didn't really look into it. He is the class with the three round golden gun and triple jump ability.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 11:45 AM - 07/30/14 »
The hunter may have the best gun based perks but I didn't really look into it. He is the class with the three round golden gun and triple jump ability.

I played him, but didn't like the golden gun perk. Felt lame to me.
I am Spartacus!

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #635 on: 11:48 AM - 07/30/14 »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/destiny-the-endgame-is-only-the-beginning-ign-first

No matchmaking for Raids....  :-\

You either have 6 people to play with or you don't raid.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 11:50 AM - 07/30/14 »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/destiny-the-endgame-is-only-the-beginning-ign-first

Good. That's how it should be. I don't want them re-tuning the raids to be super ez for the noobs who complain that matchmaking makes them too hard.

I am Spartacus!

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 11:52 AM - 07/30/14 »

Good. That's how it should be. I don't want them re-tuning the raids to be super ez for the noobs who complain that matchmaking makes them too hard.

And you don't think that people will be complaining anyway?
Really?

Lets be serious,  being matchmaking or private party won't stop that.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 12:23 PM - 07/30/14 »

And you don't think that people will be complaining anyway?
Really?

Lets be serious,  being matchmaking or private party won't stop that.
True, but, it makes things worse imo in the long run.
I am Spartacus!

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 12:32 PM - 07/30/14 »
I would prefer a dps race/mechanic that wrecked you at the door if your party wasn't ready to forcing me to join some random clan of randoms to be able to even take part in a raid myself. *This is referring to when my friends aren't on*

Hell, even a means to communicate in the tower would suffice to get some kind of LFG thing going.

Offline boorassa

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BooRassa
« Reply #640 on: 12:44 PM - 07/30/14 »
For a supposedly social game, they seem to err every time on the side of making sure nobody will ever have a bad experience with anyone else in the world.  No proxomity chat, no communication in social zones... I wish they would just let us talk and give people the option to mute single players or everyone if they didn't want to mingle.  Yes, sometimes people will say nasty words or be jerks, but these things happen.  You can't control the world, and it's not a very social game as it is.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #641 on: 02:37 PM - 07/30/14 »
For a supposedly social game, they seem to err every time on the side of making sure nobody will ever have a bad experience with anyone else in the world.  No proxomity chat, no communication in social zones... I wish they would just let us talk and give people the option to mute single players or everyone if they didn't want to mingle.  Yes, sometimes people will say nasty words or be jerks, but these things happen.  You can't control the world, and it's not a very social game as it is.

it's a social game aimed at a lot of people who cannot deal with socialization. either for being the jerk or being bothered by them, it's people who are socially awkward. that's the stereotype of gamer these days.
i very much agree with you, CS' old days were people talking freely and semi-anonimous on pubs and those were the days.. even in private servers i rarely had to pull out my admin powers because of chat, people would just man up. granted, trolling those days wasn't like now. but we would also punish trolls hard..
oh the rage i had because people would start to yell on their mics for someone (me) to shut up instead of muting me in 2 seconds.. i would make them climb walls until they learned to mute others, then proceeded to quit acting like a buffoon and returning to being nice. didn't always work, but at least it was fun.

i just don't get people. Dark souls has basically non existent communication and control, people are the biggest jerks to each other on a common basis and yet... no one cries about it. everyone gets it, deals with it their way, moves on to have fun. Borderlands has the proximity chat and i don't see jerks talking there, they may act like idiots but rarely bother talking like one. and if they push their luck - kick, next - solved.

these days it seems educating others, or punishing them for their offenses is violent. it's like people putting trolls and jerks in their place are sacrificing jews. and then the consequence is israel massacring palestinians in a way hittle would be proud. it's an uber fail and stupid. all on the account of goo'old fashion greed..
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #642 on: 10:44 PM - 07/30/14 »
Here is a video with some good information in it. One of the biggest misconceptions with Destiny is your level cap is 20. Technically you continue to level your guardian's "light" far beyond level 20.

I will continue to update this thread with the latest Destiny news. The beta has passed, but it is only the beginning of Destiny. I've been hoping for a couple weeks a mod could change my thread title for me. Could someone do that? I would PM over the updated title

Thanks  :)
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline jaydee

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 02:09 AM - 07/31/14 »
Hey guys I've made a post already but in case its missed I'm going to post it on a couple of Destiny threads as I think it will be beneficial !

Hey there XIM community and fellow Destiny players!
I don't know how many of you are following the Destiny updates closely but just recently they interviewed one of the Devs who basically said that Raiding in Destiny is going to be HARDcore. Due to the difficulty and the huge rewards for completion there will be no matchmaking in game for Raids, only for Strikes. Therefore forming a competent Fire Team of 6 people will be totally dependent on your consoles "friends list" or people you meet in game... as you can imagine this will quickly become an annoyance as not all of your friends etc will be able to raid when YOU can.
To try and relieve some of this I've created an FB page open to all platforms to assist in forming raids/fire teams and clans, as well as discussing Raid strategies/gear/abilities etc.
More importantly I think it would be a HUGE advantage  for fellow XIM users to be able to form groups mainly consisting of mouse/kb users and really hit/take out the content ahead of the rest.

So all of you Guardians out there jump on FB and give us a "LIKE" at:
https://www.facebook.com/Destinyraiding

Personally I am on PS4 and have years of experience in not only FPS gaming but leading raids on MMO's such as WoW and Rift and to say I'm keen to dismantle raiding in Destiny would be the understatement of the year!

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #644 on: 03:56 AM - 07/31/14 »
Thanks for showing us the page. I've already liked it.

I hope the endgame is Molten (hard)Core... :P This will allow for good PvE players to stand out. I've played also a lot of WoW and one thing I've learned is that just because someone's at the level cap doesn't mean that they're any good at the game... PvE's all about team play and usually good PvE teams also fair well on PvP.

(Yeap... Now I'm excited. :D)

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|