XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501839 times)

Offline NY Dynasty

• http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NY Dynasty1977
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #600 on: 11:05 PM - 07/27/14 »
hey guys, just wanted some clearing up on the game since i never played a MMO before, after playing the beta for a few hours, I like it a lot but cant say Im in love with it yet.  the beginning missions almost all looked the same, except for the bosses of course.  I see the the potential thjough, reminds me of mass effect with halo n b-lands.  since there are really no other games out n having 200 hrs of BF4 already, kinda need something new until FC4, divison and such come out.  any help with these ?s would be appreciated.

1.  what is the difference between the modes explore, story and strike and how do u specifically select them?  are they tied into each other in anyway? I am mainly looking to play a campaign mode as the crucible mode doesnt really draw my attention, I like more present day MP shooters.   
2.  can u play this game offline alone or is it always coop?
3.  how do u upgrade your weapons, armor, powers, etc?  I was a warlock btw.... 
4.  can u ever really play this game alone?

I was able to do the first 5 missions and after that (being lvl 6), I had some special mission to do that was like impossible cuz I felt my weapons were too weak, almost all the enemy waves were lvl 8-9, especially the boss.  wht was that mission? 

Thanks again for any help....cant wait til tomorrow  ;D!   
« Last Edit: 12:08 AM - 07/28/14 by NY Dynasty »
" border="0

Why did I leave NY?????

XIM4
G700
Sony Nav
XB1
BenQ RL2455HM
Skullcandy PLYR 1s
Modelo 12pk

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #601 on: 09:15 AM - 07/28/14 »
1.  what is the difference between the modes explore, story and strike and how do u specifically select them?  are they tied into each other in anyway? I am mainly looking to play a campaign mode as the crucible mode doesnt really draw my attention, I like more present day MP shooters.   
3.  how do u upgrade your weapons, armor, powers, etc?  I was a warlock btw.... 

I was able to do the first 5 missions and after that (being lvl 6), I had some special mission to do that was like impossible cuz I felt my weapons were too weak, almost all the enemy waves were lvl 8-9, especially the boss.  wht was that mission? 

Thanks again for any help....cant wait til tomorrow  ;D!   

There will be two mode in the game when released. One in Player versus Environment or PvE (Campaign mode) and Player versus Player or PvP (Matching Player v Player). Strike(s) is the same thing as PvE with somewhat more challenging mission. You can go to any game mode to get Crucible gear and level up the gear you've obtained. Crucible gear is important because it determines if you Guardian can survive in PvE, PvP and Strikes. In the normal Crucible playlist every player's gear and weapons have even stats expect for that specific weapon's power ups i.e bottom half of magazine does more damage or on random bullet in magazine does bonus damage. In the Iron Banner Crucible playlist weapons and armor stat restrictions are removed. so if a person has a higher level and better gear and weapons than you he will destroy you easily.

No. Its always online.

3. how do u upgrade your weapons, armor, powers, etc?  I was a warlock btw....

Upgrading weapons, armor and powers is simple. you have use them. Get kills with the weapons, armor and powers while they are equipped to level them up. Another way to level them up is to complete bounties in PvE, PvP or Strikes.

Yes but you will always see other players in game stealing your kills :P
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: fianlnouse Cape Town UL2 | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Audio/Mic: GoXLR | PC Mic: Shure SM7B | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #602 on: 09:31 AM - 07/28/14 »
Regarding question 3 that's not exactly the case... You level up your weapons and armor when you gain XP. that means you can upgrade any weapon/armor without using it. All you need to do is have it equipped when you deliver a quest (like those banners or crucible missions) and the item will level up. I've already did this a couple of times, only I'm not sure if it will stay like this in the final version. But I'm pretty sure it will because high level weapons and armor will need all the help to level up that they can get.

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 10:00 AM - 07/28/14 »
Really enjoyed the Beta, definitely a day one purchase! Can't wait, also can't wait till games are only current Gen. sry guys, but death to 360, death to PS3!!  :P

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #604 on: 12:45 PM - 07/28/14 »
Really enjoyed the Beta, definitely a day one purchase! Can't wait, also can't wait till games are only current Gen. sry guys, but death to 360, death to PS3!!  :P

i agree. if you can't keep up with the times...
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: fianlnouse Cape Town UL2 | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Audio/Mic: GoXLR | PC Mic: Shure SM7B | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #605 on: 01:46 PM - 07/28/14 »
Wow, the beta was so much freaking fun. The PvP is addicting, and the PvE is better than most games I've played. The story seems very interesting, and the music is absolutely amazing.

I managed to hit #6 in the leaderboards at one point lol. Now I'm stuck at around 18.

Highly looking forward to launch on the 9th! Can't wait!

Hope everyone enjoyed the beta!!  :)
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #606 on: 02:08 PM - 07/28/14 »
oh PLEASE just let the old hags die already. i still have a massive backlog on PS3, and i would like it really much if games stopped coming for it with no next gen version which, by now, should be granted. cross gen needs to stop asap too so devs can unleash their work and sweat fully focused on the best experiences.

that said i need a new pc. my laptop has fallen quite low.. and PS4 is... incomplete. not even just the library but i can deal with the rest of it.

man it sucks to be poor and having to support relatives. i need me a XIM4 to play stuff like destiny and actually figure out if i like it, instead of playing "well if i wasn't perma-disgusted with the controls and could actually shoot in a shooter, would i like it?"

im under the impression i won't like PvP unless a overhaul of sorts is incoming. it should be. but i'm also wary of grind. i feel this game is one of those where half my brain shuts off after a while playing it, i never liked warframe and rpgs because of grinding and leveling. much prefer stuff like CS, where your sole objective is to have fun and master what is available..
« Last Edit: 02:47 PM - 07/28/14 by ak-xs »
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 02:27 PM - 07/28/14 »
Lol, I forgot I made that rapid fire thread in the beta forum. That got out of control lol! Some people even got angry. Such a touchy subject apparently.

I see everyone's point of view. I understand why OBsIV won't include it into XIM. Was just wondering if it could be added.

Although I must say, The XIM technically allows us all to cheat. Though a rapid fire is taking cheating to another level.

My goal was to program an auto click for the scout rifles in Destiny. Unlike CoD, where you can fire rifles very quickly with a mouse (rapid fire is op), the scout rifles in Destiny have set intervals. It would not be as big of an advantage in Destiny to have rapid fire.

This is NOT intended to get everyone fired up again. Just wanted to give a response since I no longer have the change in the other thread.
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 02:45 PM - 07/28/14 »
I'll probably buy this game, but I am truly amazed that they somehow spent half a billion dollars developing it. It's really baffling. Where did all that money go?

The PvP is a total mess. An unholy hybrid of CoD, Halo, Unreal Tournament and (insert crappy free to play title here). It's beyond generic feeling.

I'm hoping it's just the beta, but everything looks kind of awful. I know the release version will run at 1080p, but are they going to add any AA? I'd rather have 720p with AA than all of these freaking jaggies. And it looks like there's a haze or film over everything and the colors are all washed out. Enemies have no detail and just look like moving jagged blobs at anything other than point blank range.

$500 million.......... Seriously? I feel like someone must be embezzling a massive amount of money, hahaha.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 02:49 PM - 07/28/14 »
They've said that 500 million wasn't spent on Destiny but its their budget for the trilogy.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 02:56 PM - 07/28/14 »
They've said that 500 million wasn't spent on Destiny but its their budget for the trilogy.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying that. Still a lot of money, but makes a little more sense now. I just kept seeing that figure being thrown around was wondering where all that money went.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #611 on: 02:57 PM - 07/28/14 »
but they've spent a LOT of it already. little things add up a lot, more is spent sometimes before getting final assets than getting to it, example: xbone controller. so much money thrown at redesigning the 360 controller, which was already a beast, and to what? make a basic clone with subtle differences. which means they spent it on trial and error and studying it. Destiny involved a lot of trial i can assure you. plus the budget for the art should be perplexing even though the bland result.. - Peter Dinklage voice controversy anyone?

and making games that cross mix several iconic gameplays is always very costly and hard, i see why even the mighty bungie struggles. but their plans at least are sound, a lot of studios and investors are stuck in 90s-00s line of thought that a game project is static (bear with me). todays modern games and studios just know, what counts more is post-release rework. you just cannot make something of the scope of the most famous OMP at first try or in a couple years, you need to let it go into the world, see how it fares and then balance. they intend on doing just that, fine by me. the "alpha" and "beta" that destiny had need new names, because their are not what classic concepts with those names were, ignoring the major similarities.
soon..

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #612 on: 03:09 PM - 07/28/14 »

My goal was to program an auto click for the scout rifles in Destiny. Unlike CoD, where you can fire rifles very quickly with a mouse (rapid fire is op), the scout rifles in Destiny have set intervals. It would not be as big of an advantage in Destiny to have rapid fire.

One of the Exotic Scout rifles have a perk that turns it into an automatic.

Another one I liked was a Fusion rifle that removes the charging but fires 1 shot per triggerpull.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 04:12 PM - 07/28/14 »
Woah, no charge on a fusion rifle? How does that work?? Was the damage the same on the scout rifle? I didn't come across either of these weapon variations.

Here is a PvP match of a new map we haven't seen.

Twilight Gap - Earth - http://youtu.be/BCSLGZeooFk?list=UUKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #614 on: 04:28 PM - 07/28/14 »
They are both exotic weapons I found on the database they created on it.

The fusion rifle has no charge but is only 1 bullet per triggerpull so pretty much turns it into a semi auto weapon

Admin