XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501797 times)

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #585 on: 08:58 PM - 07/25/14 »
try to login tomorrow as they are giving away a permanent bonus for those testers who do ;)
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #586 on: 05:20 AM - 07/26/14 »
not to be a camper...but that gives advantage to the rushers ....but i geuss it's balanced by the slow turn speed when youre running....
exactly! i love it :P

try to login tomorrow as they are giving away a permanent bonus for those testers who do ;)

Saturday the 26th 2pm PDT? i worked it out to be Sunday 27th 7am AEST for us aussies, (and it goes for 4 hours apparently so 7-11am for us.

I read somewhere (completely unconfirmed but would be a good guess) that its just a "banner" (the thing behind your name in matches) something that just makes us look fancy. Regardless of how minor what ever it is I'm still happy to receive it and am looking forward to the event tomorrow morning
I'll be waking up at 6:30 so that i can have a quick feed and snap one off before sitting down for 4 hours gaming. already told the wife I'm busy before 12 lol.

Dunno if she's that happy about it but ah well... such is life :P
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 07:26 AM - 07/26/14 »
Itll be a story mission on moon, maybe fighting against that big guy in chains from the trailers?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 07:51 AM - 07/26/14 »
pve so much better than pvp in this game jesus christ

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 08:08 AM - 07/26/14 »

What's wrong with the PVP?
I am Spartacus!

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #590 on: 08:42 AM - 07/26/14 »
Quote from: Sif Noob
I read somewhere (completely unconfirmed but would be a good guess) that its just a "banner" (the thing behind your name in matches) something that just makes us look fancy.

Oh. Confirmed. ;) link ---> check this out :)

And here's the full story for anyone interested http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11963
« Last Edit: 08:51 AM - 07/26/14 by Sif Noob »
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 09:49 AM - 07/26/14 »

yes, PvP is the big problem for me in this game, not really funny at all
lets hope the fullgame playlists and maps are better and eg have no super
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 08:55 AM - 07/27/14 »
ads taking away the hud and the god dang running turn speed throw me off so bad still, like the ads is just halo scoping with an ads animation... and slowed down movement, not a big fan.

Oh man the hud disappearing when ADS is my favorite thing about this game. Campers get @#$% up hard if they're ADS. They have no idea your coming lol.

The slowed down movement can be overcome.

It's necessary they did that considering the distance that the map pings enemies. I usually ignore maps in MP shooters and feel they throw me off but in this game it's absolutely required to constantly watch your map and plan your approach to every combat situation.

I remember Halo 4's horrible radar and thinking that Bungie would have never done that but they almost did except it works a lot better here. Partly because it still doesn't ping half the map like in Halo 4 and partly because of the hud disappearing in ADS.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #593 on: 09:57 AM - 07/27/14 »

That's because it's not meant to be funny bro.

PVP is srs buisness. ;)

Just wait till people have stuff like
Invisible AND keep your radar while ADS

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 11:17 AM - 07/27/14 »

What's wrong with the PVP?

supers are really obnoxious and vehicles get annoying after awhile too

other than that its fine, had a 23-2 game when i woke up this morning with the scuf, can do decent work with that thing now, prefer xim though for the moon level for pinpoint snipes on vehicle pilots though so I was happy with the score

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 11:50 AM - 07/27/14 »

PVP is srs buisness. ;)

I thought those weapon bonuses only counted in Iron banner. If that kind of @#$% is in regular modes I'm out. PVP is the only reason I'm getting this game.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 11:51 AM - 07/27/14 »

PVP is srs buisness. ;)

I thought those weapon bonuses only counted in Iron banner. If that kind of @#$% is in regular modes I'm out. PVP is the only reason I'm getting this game.

any weapon "perks" on the weapon work no matter what mode you are in.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 12:02 PM - 07/27/14 »

supers are really obnoxious and vehicles get annoying after awhile too

They changed/nerfed the vehicles for retail.

Interceptor:
1 per match that the teams fight for
RoF for rockets lowered
Explosion size lowered
The airburst function has been changed (doesn't say what exactly to or what they did)
Doesn't spawn until partway through match

Pikes:
1 spawns at beginning per team

Additional pikes spawn at various locations *this i'm not sure if it's 1 additional pike for each team or 1 pike to fight over*

-----------------------

Ground Pounder  What the hell are you going to do about that Interceptor?

It’s a beast. Ain’t it? The architects of the arena have some ideas. In the final game, it won’t be the menace that’s been chasing you into bases. Don’t take it from me. Listen to Bungie Designer Derek Carroll:

The Interceptor is a tank and should be treated with respect, but the Sandbox team made some tweaks to reduce the “apocalyptic firestorm” factor a bit. The largest change is a lower rate of fire, with an additional delay between shots. This encourages the pilot to take aimed shots instead of just spamming rockets. More subtle changes include reducing the rocket blast radius, and shrinking the “arming shape” that allows the rockets to airburst on flying targets.

Even with these changes, we felt that having two of them on First Light is less interesting than having a single Interceptor for both teams to fight over. At the start of each match, each team is given a single Pike, with another neutral Pike up for grabs.  Additional Pikes will respawn throughout the match near the Control Zones. The Interceptor will spawn on a delay. Ground Pounder  What the hell are you going to do about that Interceptor?

It’s a beast. Ain’t it? The architects of the arena have some ideas. In the final game, it won’t be the menace that’s been chasing you into bases. Don’t take it from me. Listen to Bungie Designer Derek Carroll:

The Interceptor is a tank and should be treated with respect, but the Sandbox team made some tweaks to reduce the “apocalyptic firestorm” factor a bit. The largest change is a lower rate of fire, with an additional delay between shots. This encourages the pilot to take aimed shots instead of just spamming rockets. More subtle changes include reducing the rocket blast radius, and shrinking the “arming shape” that allows the rockets to airburst on flying targets.

Even with these changes, we felt that having two of them on First Light is less interesting than having a single Interceptor for both teams to fight over. At the start of each match, each team is given a single Pike, with another neutral Pike up for grabs.  Additional Pikes will respawn throughout the match near the Control Zones. The Interceptor will spawn on a delay.

------------------------------------

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 07:48 PM - 07/27/14 »
oh thank god

Offline Grumpyhaus

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Grumpyhaus
« Reply #599 on: 09:39 PM - 07/27/14 »
This beta has made me realize how much I need the Xim4.. I was getting absolutely destroyed with the analog sticks of the XB1 controller.

Admin