XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501829 times)

Offline bryco

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Bryanrudd
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #540 on: 01:46 AM - 07/20/14 »

Wow, what a night of Destiny

Spent the last 6 hours playing with Ninja, Puckett and N3ac3y. We were all wrecking, and won every game  ;)

God this game is so much fun. The PvP is like crack!

2 best weapons I suggest leveling up and using are

Jigoku SR3 - Perfect for moon, and long range
Shingen-C - Very low recoil, and when zoomed in, bullets fire slower (conserving them), but do more damage.

Can't wait for another go at it tomorrow   ;)

The jigoku sr3 is off the chain. The gun does head shots like no other. Highly recommended everyone was asking me what the hell I was using.
It's a canes thing... U wouldn't understand.

Offline barrybawden

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: fickle flea
« Reply #541 on: 07:19 AM - 07/20/14 »
Just watched some Destiny beta play on YouTube - cosmodome  mission 1 -  can someone tell me what I'm missing here? It could've been any generic shoot em up as far as I'm concerned...... Been spoon fed information with that floaty thing and the AI was terrible! The enemy just stand there letting you shoot them.

Ok it was only beta and not full on multiplayer but if that's what the missions are going to be like then I won't bother with Destiny. First impressions: 4 out of 10.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 08:49 AM - 07/20/14 »
Yeah, you're not really missing out on much. Besides graphics it's nothing special and full of bad design. The PVP is alright in small bursts but you have to farm the story/exploration for decent weapons before going in there which makes me think that the rumored level 20 cap for retail is actually a good thing.

The one thing I'm already tired of is constantly going back to orbit and selecting a destination and all the loading times in between. Out of all of the major problems this game has this is one of the most obvious ones that should have been taken care of when they started. You'll definitely need to get an SSD if you value your time or don't have the patience.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Aerakyl

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 09:40 AM - 07/20/14 »
I've been using the XIM Edge on PS3 with the Destiny beta; the story missions were enjoyable, although the PvP felt somewhat lackluster compared to other modern FPS games. The amount of auto-aim the game tries to force on you is also decidedly unpleasant.

Additionally, there's the issue of slowed diagonal movement when using a XIM Edge. You can see it quite easily when in port and your character is in 3rd person mode - moving left and forward or right and forward with the keyboard will make your character "jog" instead of run (by contrast, moving diagonally on the gamepad causes you to run diagonally.)

I'm sure it'll be remedied when there's an official profile, but if anyone has found an existing profile that eliminates the issue, please feel free to share.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 11:25 AM - 07/20/14 »
Thanks for the report Aerakyl. Yes its something that has been fixed in the past.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Ehmien

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 02:41 AM - 07/21/14 »
Think the game is awesome..cant wait for the xim because i cant hit @#$% with the controller it's so frustrating. Cant get used to controller, Hurry up Obsiv and save me =)

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #546 on: 05:59 PM - 07/21/14 »
Question for the colorblind folks out there ---- how the hell do you tell who's who in this game?  I've been watching videos and everyone is so colorful and the maps are purdy and all that but WHO IS ON MY TEAM? 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 06:01 PM - 07/21/14 »
Question for the colorblind folks out there ---- how the hell do you tell who's who in this game?  I've been watching videos and everyone is so colorful and the maps are purdy and all that but WHO IS ON MY TEAM? 

the teammates have constant names above them while opponents dont, i think that could work
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #548 on: 06:13 PM - 07/21/14 »
just shoot at EVERYONE!!! :P sorry that won't help...
like Odin said team mates have names above them... but being colour-blind would suck for fps gaming. sorry to hear bro.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 07:26 PM - 07/21/14 »
Have you tried adjusting the color settings on your monitor? Maybe crushing one of the colors will make it easier to distinguish from others?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #550 on: 09:07 PM - 07/21/14 »
I've actually tried that Mist. It worked on a couple different games, but often times allows players to blend in with the background even more so than they normally do. Improves one aspect, but hinders me in another...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #551 on: 12:27 AM - 07/22/14 »
Bungie! Get those servers back up  :P

It's a good feeling being on the 2nd page of the Destiny leaderboards

This was the most fun game ever! Gaming to Rap God was epic. @#$% awesome song, especially played to an awesome game

http://www.twitch.tv/ninja/b/548927678 - Skip to 19:25 (I'm A-t-m-o-s). Best spot is at 23:40. Watch the activity line at 27:10. Then I get shutdown by someone with my name! lol

Engram guy?

Is he the one who identifies items for you? When you buy something off him it's like a lucky dip

Sorry, missed this. He identifies your engrams. When you spawn in the tower, your turn right, and he is 25 steps away. He has a low voice and is always muttering stuff.

« Last Edit: 12:44 AM - 07/22/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Ehmien

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 02:47 AM - 07/22/14 »
2 bad the beta Will be over by the time the xim can be bought. Not touching fps games again till I have my xim. Controller maken me rage hehe

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #553 on: 11:51 AM - 07/22/14 »
Only have a couple more months until the full game is released, and by that time XIM4 will be available  :) It will be an amazing experience
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #554 on: 01:17 PM - 07/22/14 »
Anyone try the Beta on PS3 to see how the XIM is going to handle with this amount of aim assist?

Admin