XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501848 times)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #405 on: 07:24 PM - 06/13/14 »
Wow, those bastards never sent me a code. It's a good thing I just decided to buy one off eBay.. Cost me $22.50, not bad.. Worth it to me.

I have had a lot of fun in the alpha so far! It looks like there will be plenty to do in Destiny once it officially launches in September. I do have a lot of things I would like changed however.

1 - Why the @#$% does your turn speed drop to a 1/10th when you are running??!! This is my number one gripe. I absolutely can't stand it.. This has GOT to change.

2 - Movement speed in PvP is too slow. Feel really strange playing, especially on the Old Russia map. The Moon map is alright.

3 - Can't shoot while jumping.. Seeing as it takes like 3 seconds to jump, it would be nice to defend yourself.

4 - The Titan special can be hugely annoying. I can't tell you how many times now I surprised someone, nearly killing them, only to have them activate the super real quick. Very annoying. The Titan special needs to change to something that requires more talent. Not sure about the Warlock class, I haven't played it at all.

5 - The vehicles are sooo OP. Like, seriously?? I was watching that Ninja guy go 45/2 flying around in vehicles absolutely destroying people. If you are on foot, good luck.  You'll need it.

6- I'm assuming there will be MUCH more character customization in the Beta and final build.

7 - So many places you can't go. I was expecting Destiny to be a wide open world.

To everyone who has noticed the hidden dungeons with all the level ? ? ? ?. I have come across at least 6 or 7. I'm assuming they are just areas you are not supposed to complete in the alpha. I imagine they will open them up in the beta.

Does anyone want to play? I've gotten bored finally of running around solo. Destiny was meant to be played with friends.
« Last Edit: 10:58 PM - 06/13/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 07:26 PM - 06/13/14 »
Here are my settings

Max in game sensitivity

G502, 12k dpi, 500 polling

ADS - 15
HIP - 140 (this is to counteract the huge reduction in turning speed when running)
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 07:40 PM - 06/13/14 »
Vale, consider setting up a setting switch and set it's activation key to the same key as sprint. Set it to "hold" so that when it's released you are returned to your hip setting. The advantage of this is you can have a normal hip sensitivity and activate a higher sensitivity only when you are sprinting.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 07:44 PM - 06/13/14 »
Hmm, good idea :p

Is this a switch in the XIM manager? I have never done this before
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 07:52 PM - 06/13/14 »
played a good amount of hours now, and personally i need to say, what a disappointment
game in its current stage brings me close to cancel my preoder

PvE is ok, but PvP is worse than much F2P i played lately...

- insane amount of aim assistant, never played a game with more
- half turnspeed while running, what an odd idea
- slightly less turnspeed while jumping, what sense does that make...
- cannot shoot while gliding
- general movement is extremly clunky, you just cannot develop a proper movement flow because each jump is taking away a noticeable amount of your running-pace
and jumping is required left and right, means you deaccelerate quite often
- gliding is a toggle feature by default on the controller instead of a hold feature, and since i cannot shoot while gliding i need to double click in order to shoot again after a double jump
so much potential wasted if you want to be competitive, wow
- vehicles are too strong and too much on the map
- Special Attacks except for the Golden Gun are a guaranteed "get me out of this situation" card even for the biggest noobs
but seeing how much aim assistant there is even the Golden Gun is an almost guarantee
- movement speed is too low, even Halo 4 was faster i think

if the beta isnt going to change at least the movement to be more fluid and responsive ill cancel the preorder
i had really high hopes in this game, and while PvE is enjoyable for me, the PvP is simply one of the worst AAA shooters ive played so far

Completely agree. The feel of aiming entirely ruins Destiny for me and truth be told it's nothing special to begin with. Destiny comes off as Warframe with much better presentation.

If they don't fix or provide options to fix the aiming mechanic by beta or address the issue by launch I'll have no problem giving this game a pass.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 08:03 PM - 06/13/14 »
phil i found that the warlock feels much more sluggish than any other character, best movement has the hunter
if you happen to have played a warlock so far give the other classes a try

while its not as good as a fix it makes it at least enjoyable
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
« Reply #411 on: 09:10 PM - 06/13/14 »

Bolt, map on the fly in game without manager if that confuses you. Options + touchpad button, guide button, press desired ds4 button, assign to peripheral button, repeat, options and touchpad to save and exit that mode.

Boltman, FYI this did not work for me until I disconnected my XIM from the Android manager.
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #412 on: 09:28 PM - 06/13/14 »
so from what i am grasping all predictions were on target. game with potential but skepticism is more than warranted. not as hilarious as Borderlands. Bland shooter. Not on par with Halo in respects to PvP. and they obviously didn't get the hand holding versus depth for the hardcore just right at first try...

sounds like a "wait for bargain" list candidate to me (for the record i throw good games there along with bad ones so it's not very telling. i just don't throw cult software,based on my tastes, in there).

thanks guys for the impressions. someone tell activision to throw a few dozen millions more at bungie, the more money they waste the less they have to perpetuate and expand their cancer on the gaming industry's body.
soon..

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 09:49 PM - 06/13/14 »
Bolt, map on the fly in game without manager if that confuses you. Options + touchpad button, guide button, press desired ds4 button, assign to peripheral button, repeat, options and touchpad to save and exit that mode.

Boltman, FYI this did not work for me until I disconnected my XIM from the Android manager. So you'll need to set your Destiny ST to a hot key, reset your XIM (unplug it then plug it back into your PS4) hit the hot key and then do the option plus touchpad thing.

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 11:01 PM - 06/13/14 »
I got it working perfectly, thanks so much to all of you for your help.

Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 11:35 PM - 06/13/14 »
Cool

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 12:00 AM - 06/14/14 »
Very Cool

Offline Y2K

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 12:19 AM - 06/14/14 »
Vale, consider setting up a setting switch and set it's activation key to the same key as sprint. Set it to "hold" so that when it's released you are returned to your hip setting. The advantage of this is you can have a normal hip sensitivity and activate a higher sensitivity only when you are sprinting.
+1
thanks
ONE/PS4/PC
Router:Netgear r7800 with SQM
Mouse: GPro Wireless swap with kailh switches ..
keyboard: Leopold FC900R cherry red
Pad: qck+
Sound: HD600/modmic

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 12:26 AM - 06/14/14 »
Hmm, good idea :p

Is this a switch in the XIM manager? I have never done this before

Note what your sprint key is bound to, you can also lower your hip sensitivity to something that feels comfortable.

In Manager scroll to the right past ADS and enter a name into the text box to create a new setting page. Set the activation key to whatever Sprint is bound to in your Hip setting. Set it's behavior to hold. Now when you hold sprint you will also activate this setting until you let go. Set the sensitivity in this new setting to a high value to compensate for the slow turning while sprinting.

You can set this to either hold or toggle. Setting it to hold assures that you will always be brought back to hip if you let go of the sprint key. If you had it set to toggle and you died then you would have to remember to untoggle at some point when you respawn, otherwise you're stuck in your sprint setting. Another thing is if it's set to toggle, if you were to ads during a sprint it wouldn't actually activate your ads setting. You would still be in your sprint setting. Hold is the best way to do it if you don't mind holding the sprint key.
« Last Edit: 12:31 AM - 06/14/14 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 02:50 AM - 06/14/14 »
Saw this on reddit, it's a shot from ODST.