XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501834 times)

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #375 on: 01:58 AM - 06/13/14 »
I've played the ALPHA long enough to have both a Hunter and Titan at or near the max level of 8 for this particular testing period, most of my time was spent in PvP, although, I have done a few hours worth of what PvE was / is available.  My brother and I killed this giant robot thing (Forget the name), it took us well over 30 mins to kill the bastard without getting any reward for the effort other than to be able to say we have killed it.  The PvE is lacking only because in this build of the game there does not seem to be any penalty for dying, we died countless times trying to kill that big bastard and most of those deaths were us purposely killing ourselves because we ran out of ammo and had no idea where to get more without there being any smaller NPCs to kill (They drop ammo).

The AI for PvE seemed decently challenging, at least it surpasses what my expectations were after hearing so many people claim it was / is easy.  The game needs  to punish people for dying, other than that the PvE was more engaging than Borderlands 2 (The only game I could  compare it to)

PvP wise the game is fun, the one forest map is rather unbalanced though given that the walk from A to B is all of 5 seconds while the walk from C to B is a good few seconds longer with no opportunity to engage from a distance.  The team that locks down A & B wins that map, I found myself simply walking back and forth defending those locations because I could do it easily with little risk of being surprised.  The other map located on the moon has a better layout if only because each location is about the same distance apart, it's harder to lock down and with them spread out far enough the near instant re-spawn counter doesn't bother me as much as it does with the forest map. (Sorry I'm terrible with names)

The special powers I feel need to be looked at, the Titan ability seems to be almost too much of a "get out of jail free card" due to the clutch nature of the slam ability.  At least with the Hunter you need to aim, the Titan slam people can use in a panic and still get favourable results quite easily.  No comment on the Warlock since I have yet to try playing one.

Most everyone plays as a Hunter (Random fact I've noticed)

Overall great experience, must buy for any next-gen owner.  Most fun I've had in an ALPHA / BETA for a long time, I generally get sick of them fairly fast but with this one I didn't quite reach the point of boredom.
« Last Edit: 02:07 AM - 06/13/14 by Kevin-D-Lee »

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
« Reply #376 on: 05:08 AM - 06/13/14 »
I'm using Halo 4 settings and they are pretty spot on.
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Offline Y2K

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 05:55 AM - 06/13/14 »
it work with halo4 but it turn so slow while you are sprintin...even with high sen.
« Last Edit: 06:18 AM - 06/13/14 by artid89 »
ONE/PS4/PC
Router:Netgear r7800 with SQM
Mouse: GPro Wireless swap with kailh switches ..
keyboard: Leopold FC900R cherry red
Pad: qck+
Sound: HD600/modmic

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: ThePfhor
Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #378 on: 05:56 AM - 06/13/14 »
Well I'm a low sense player so it's fine for me.
USN: OSC (SW/AW/IW)
PSN:     ThePfhor
Steam:  The Pfhor
Xbox:    The Pfhor

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 07:42 AM - 06/13/14 »
Kind of disappointing how much aim assist is there. The enemies are so easy the only challenge comes from if they are higher enough level to require chiseling away at their health.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #380 on: 07:44 AM - 06/13/14 »
Kind of disappointing how much aim assist is there. The enemies are so easy the only challenge comes from if they are higher enough level to require chiseling away at their health.

I was actually kind of worried about the assist fighting against me when XIM is finally released like it did with Defiance but going by a few posts it looks like it won't be too bad.

I've tried for many headshots as it keeps going for the enemies chest.

Offline Choo

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 08:12 AM - 06/13/14 »

Have you tried legendary on the Strikes?  You can up the difficulty.  I dont believe you can change difficulty settings in free roam (patrol)

Offline Choo

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 08:29 AM - 06/13/14 »
so the moon pvp  level is made just for human garbage... freaking 20 vehicles and you can spawn vehicles... ugh, and no from what I am aware of you cannot just juke the stupid things and hijack them like halo

now the other one on the other hand... decent, enjoy that map a bit

I haven't played it... But watched a TON of stream...

Vehicles in games just add another element of gameplay.  For us ximmers, we usually all prefer non vehicle play, but i can appreciate these vehicles a lot based on my gaming with halo and battlefield. 

I watched ninja (pro halo player) dominate the moon map.  Just kill the intercepters and put your self in power positions.  He had 44 kills and and 3 deaths

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #383 on: 10:07 AM - 06/13/14 »
strangely addicted to this though.... going to hook up the xim3 to pc and route that to cronus for some mouse keyboard since I will never use max aim
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 10:20 AM - 06/13/14 »
Addicted too man loool.
Where do you PVP?
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 10:20 AM - 06/13/14 »
Lol still no code, thank god for sun shine and back gardens!
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 10:26 AM - 06/13/14 »
What settings is everone using for XIM?

I'm using Halo 4 settings and they are pretty spot on.

I'm also using Halo 4, it seems perfect to me. My only problem is in mapping the buttons properly since it's a 360 ST.

I'm using XIM4E and I've mapped every button just fine except jump, I want jump on my second trigger button on my Sony Nav (the inside smaller trigger).

Being that I'm looking at 360 buttons on my mobile phone it confuses me. I would just leave it on my BF4 ST but the aim is to slow and the Halo 4 one is perfect to me. Now to just figure out how to map jump to where I want lol.

Amazing game BTW, best game of this genre I've ever played. It's that polished already in alpha.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 11:54 AM - 06/13/14 »
Bolt, map on the fly in game without manager if that confuses you. Options + touchpad button, guide button, press desired ds4 button, assign to peripheral button, repeat, options and touchpad to save and exit that mode.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 12:17 PM - 06/13/14 »
Bolt, map on the fly in game without manager if that confuses you. Options + touchpad button, guide button, press desired ds4 button, assign to peripheral button, repeat, options and touchpad to save and exit that mode.
I'll have to look at your suggestion again once I'm home from work because it sounds complicated just reading it lol.

Thank you.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline SooSpicey

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SooSpicey
« Reply #389 on: 12:25 PM - 06/13/14 »
pull up the halo4 ST on manager and then map an action to a button on your setup. Press that button to see what it does, then map to the button you would like.

hope that makes sense.