XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501853 times)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #135 on: 12:39 AM - 04/26/14 »
Its not like porting a game to PC is that much extra work. They are developed on PCs and ported to whatever console. Add stability and testing for various video cards, etc, allow more customization, bla bla bla.

Spreading yourself to thin seems a weak excuse.

This is one thing that really bugs me. The PS4 and One are honestly both jokes.. They are just Sony and Microsoft playing it safe/smart. Our cell phones' will probably be more powerful in 5 years. I would much rather play a game like Destiny on a gaming rig.

Oh well  :-\ PS4 will do
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #136 on: 12:50 AM - 04/26/14 »
5? next year's high end tablets should be able to compete. the year after high end devices will certainly be on par in terms of pure CPU and GPU.

console's only advantage will be memory and walled garden. if google came out with a dedicated game console in 1-2 years they could both undercut and overpower both consoles stacked with a mere mobile grade device.

they could also kill the dedicated handhelds at will. the sole reason these kind of firms don't smack the big 3 in the face is because their leaders have small narrow vision in the gaming industry.

Honestly i blame Valve. they could very well stop their non-hardware nonsense and blow everything else out of the water with 3 linux based device lines and a common double sided-platform (dividing into "mobile" and "desk", and with the games and apps marketplace sections)  to be born from steam.

i think even canonical could pull it of with crowdfunding if they wanted to. google is on the lookout for that though, wouldn't play ball.
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 02:56 PM - 04/27/14 »
It won't be until 2016 at least before we have mobile CPUs and GPUs as powerful as what's in the ps4. 5 years was a little conservative on my part. Technically we have them now, but they won't be ubiquitous in a year. Intel already has a 50 core mobile processor that is supposed to go mainstream in 2017 or 18. The Kepler k1 will be the most powerful mobile chip in the near term, and it is about 1.5x as powerful as the ps3 and 360 if I remember correctly.

But you never know! We are approaching the technological singularity faster than ever before
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 03:00 PM - 04/27/14 »
Bungie is unleashing everything tomorrow!

Anyone interested in Destiny, be sure to check back here soon. I will post links to all the new videos as they come available.

http://youtu.be/nHhpiUXb0Xc
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #139 on: 03:33 PM - 04/27/14 »
It won't be until 2016 at least before we have mobile CPUs and GPUs as powerful as what's in the ps4. 5 years was a little conservative on my part. Technically we have them now, but they won't be ubiquitous in a year. Intel already has a 50 core mobile processor that is supposed to go mainstream in 2017 or 18. The Kepler k1 will be the most powerful mobile chip in the near term, and it is about 1.5x as powerful as the ps3 and 360 if I remember correctly.

But you never know! We are approaching the technological singularity faster than ever before

i agree but PS4/xb1 had chips from laptops custom tailored. if some big playa were to custom made a mobile chip the same way, we can get there a lot sooner than judging from the tablet/smartphone space. i have to say though, 2 antagonistic dichotomies meet in that idea: high end - smallest chips / mainstream gaming - lowest prices.

it would be hard, even for a Google, to low price such thing like the big 3 price their consoles until the chips used are found in highly demanded consumer devices. but, on the other hand, if i was involved in the process i'd target a linux custom build and a deal with the chip maker and enforcement on the content makers to set a scaling process rooted on the platform.

(what i mean by that is something like imagine if the game detected automatically your console version and adapted the settings to match the available resources, so that if you have a 1st gen device it would run the games on the equivalent of DX9 and if you had the 2nd gen device it would use DX11. meaning that, while it is a closed platform, software makers had proper tools so they could, with minimal extra work, design the game to run on several gens of the device thus allowing for smaller gens and broader reach.

in practice the gen cycle would be literally the same as PC and consoles, like a 5 year span of effective performance for each cycle. but instead of ONLY having 1 device in those 5 years, or the myriad of arrangements available to PC, there would be devices every 2-3 or so years and the key benefit on the new device would be better graphics,etc, but maintaining the ability for the previous gen devices to still play the same games without holding the newer one's potential back too much.

in terms of visuals this is relatively simple to imagine generically. but in terms of calculations it isn't at all, the upside is most games are not too demanding on CPU. the fact that it would be embedded on the platform at all levels and enforced should allow it to break the current status quo where making cross gen games is too much of a compromise. and for consumers a smart name in tick-tock fashion should prevent confusion and fragmentation while allowing for the poor to only have to buy new consoles every dozen of years like always, and the rich to be able to enjoy better more contemporary aesthetics by being allowed to upgrade mid way through the cycle.)

indeed. if we last 10 more years i feel like there won't be enough material to make electronics anymore due to them being literally in everything from clothes to walls, inside of us and in most tools humans use. it's a weird mix of exciting and scary at the same time ahah
soon..

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 04:19 PM - 04/27/14 »
cool, topic going to explode tomorrow? :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #141 on: 05:03 PM - 04/27/14 »

anything less would be disappointing! ^^
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 05:36 PM - 04/27/14 »

Tons of new info is getting released tomorrow. Expect to see lots of new game play!

@ak - that would be perfect if games could be designed like that. Does the software exist yet to do this?
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #143 on: 06:21 PM - 04/27/14 »
Games do this in a lesser amount currently, game engines now have optimizations for scaling and most do ok or even very well. but it's a far cry from what i was talking simply because of how the platforms now are: consoles low powered but stale and PC is fragmented to oblivion which means you can't scale easy since you have to account to a lot of variables... it's not that is it impossible, it just takes a lot of manhours and therefor money. closed platforms allow you full control of what you do on them and there are no variables, they are constants instead.

i'm not inventing the wheel here. you can see great examples of games scaling admirably by looking at the minimum requirements vs the recommended or the ones needed for full potential. engines like Unity and Unreal usually spawn games that scale in amazing ways. it's just a way for Sony or MS to make more money really, my theory. they would sell us a HD version instead of a Slim version of their consoles, and games would run on both just the same apart from graphics or loadings and multitasking. and to be honest all they would need to do is re-write their APIs to allow for a glorified SLI/Crossfire, where the HD version console had a 2nd GPU and the API divides the workload efficiently automatically with no need for manual work by the game devs.

the key factor are good API integration, enforcing it on the devs and since the HD version would be for the ones who can afford it, price would have a lot more leeway breaking the main issue that causes the current status quo.

even if the devs are lazy, things like Textures, Occlusion, Downsampling, resolution are all very easy to implement and would make such a difference it could justify the price. i don't believe Sony or MS would see numbers like >50% of the sales of the normal version by the HD version, but the premium cost and giving consumers what they want usually proves a good investment. look at the XIM, it's just a niche and giving people what they want but OBsIV is not exactly going poor from it and his profit margins are not like the big  3's.
soon..

Offline sYk

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 07:48 PM - 04/27/14 »
They will reveal a lot but, I doubt we will get a release date. I'm more than sure they are saving that for E3.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 10:53 PM - 04/27/14 »
They will reveal a lot but, I doubt we will get a release date. I'm more than sure they are saving that for E3.

Release date is September 9th
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 11:07 PM - 04/27/14 »
Here is another short teaser just released

http://youtu.be/Us7HuS6v5yo
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 12:06 AM - 04/28/14 »
lol this is like if Obsiv would dhow an USB port for three seconds. What a bullscheiss.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 07:17 AM - 04/28/14 »
lol this is like if Obsiv would dhow an USB port for three seconds. What a bullscheiss.

Can someone please translate this post for me ^.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 10:11 AM - 04/28/14 »

Can someone please translate this post for me ^.

I'm trying to figure it out too. I think he's referring to how short those teasers were. Although I don't understand the USB for 3 seconds xP

Please help us Roads
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE