XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501838 times)

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #120 on: 07:59 PM - 04/15/14 »
This is not really an MMO though....Shared World Shooter is the term they are trying to push and it is much more instanced based I believe than most MMO's (though true MMO's have a lot of instances). I don't believe you can walk around in the world freely outside the city and see anyone else walking around...only people within your instance (matchmaking in a sense)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #121 on: 08:31 PM - 04/15/14 »
we shall see.. i don't know how they will do it. it's possible to make just like any MMO if Bungie wants to
soon..

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 11:54 PM - 04/15/14 »
No you're right they could make it like an actual mmo. I'm just going off of what they've been saying so far. They seem intent on not calling it an mmo.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #123 on: 02:18 AM - 04/16/14 »
yup, got it. creating a "genre" means people will refer to "Destiny" as an example, instead of what currently happens that's associating Borderlands every time people bring Destiny up.. so it's good for Bungie to pull this off.

i think they deserve it if Destiny delivers... which i also thought was looking good, but recent news are shocking and will hurt the future of bungie a bit:

http://kotaku.com/halos-composer-fired-without-cause-1563698238
soon..

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 06:11 AM - 04/16/14 »
Obviously it is much bigger, better, and well designed, but it is something more akin to Defiance I guess.

Not really comparing the two, as Destiny is a much more quality title. But I'm just saying it's probably more comparable to Defiance than any other MMO.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #125 on: 06:36 AM - 04/16/14 »
Obviously it is much bigger, better, and well designed, but it is something more akin to Defiance I guess.

Not really comparing the two, as Destiny is a much more quality title. But I'm just saying it's probably more comparable to Defiance than any other MMO.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #126 on: 07:07 PM - 04/22/14 »
A Destiny news blowout has been confirmed for April 28th! ;D

For now, check out the latest video released by MoreConsole

http://youtu.be/F5imP1y6u1c
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Slain Immortal

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SlainImmortal
  • PSN ID: SlainImmortal
« Reply #127 on: 04:38 AM - 04/23/14 »
*crosses fingers, closes eyes* Please be beta please be beta please be beta......
No matter how nice I ask random people, nobody will take me to Funkytown.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #128 on: 05:36 PM - 04/23/14 »
The beta will come later this summer. PS4 gets it 1 month earlier than xbox

Here is some all new gameplay!

http://youtu.be/KBBq6j9pWnc
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #129 on: 06:13 PM - 04/23/14 »
Honestly, I'm surprised that it isn't being developed for PC as well.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #130 on: 06:38 PM - 04/23/14 »

that has bothered me since i first heard of Destiny. they require an always online platform anyway so no piracy no hacking issues, only a bit of a heavy cost for maintenance and PC developing but still would be investment made towards a much bigger market than next gen for instance..

i really don't get it. it's not a 1/2nd party game, it's not exclusive.. something stinks.
soon..

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 08:10 PM - 04/23/14 »

that has bothered me since i first heard of Destiny. they require an always online platform anyway so no piracy no hacking issues, only a bit of a heavy cost for maintenance and PC developing but still would be investment made towards a much bigger market than next gen for instance..

i really don't get it. it's not a 1/2nd party game, it's not exclusive.. something stinks.

This is what they claim:
"We know there are a lot of people out there asking for PC and we know that there are a lot of gamers that would willingly give us money, but what we have to do is make sure we're focused enough to bring a good experience to any platform that we ship on. What we 100 percent are not going to do is spread ourselves so thin that it negatively harms the other platforms. So right now we have the four platforms, which is a lot to focus on."

I think bungie just doesn't like making anything for PC....really, they should just nix the old gen stuff....but I guess they think there's still too many players on it...

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #132 on: 08:16 PM - 04/23/14 »
if that is really so then we would see Destiny on PC in the future. this is Activision we're talking about here, i cannot believe they will not want to make the PC revenue. maybe this goes the way of GTA, Rockstar is a force to reckon with yet they only release their PC versions 9months after the console version like clockwork always staying mum about PC versions like they don't exist until release month or so..
soon..

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #133 on: 08:18 PM - 04/23/14 »
Its not like porting a game to PC is that much extra work. They are developed on PCs and ported to whatever console. Add stability and testing for various video cards, etc, allow more customization, bla bla bla.

Spreading yourself to thin seems a weak excuse.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #134 on: 08:37 PM - 04/23/14 »
and Activision could pour a little more cash to outsource the PC port to another studio if they are really that pressed for manhours.

what i read from "spreading ourselves too thin" in my mind sounds "yeah game looks beautiful on those measly consoles so called next gen doesn't it? yeah, you know the time it would take to build a PC version and make optimizations for all that hardware PCs use? that's the time we needed to spend optimizing the game to make it look like this on those glorified Dreamcasts.."  ;D
soon..