XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501831 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #90 on: 01:35 AM - 03/24/14 »
if Sony and Bungie take VR to Destiny... it will be bad news. because it means i need to find a girlfriend before that releases or it will be hard to do so after. ^^

soon..

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 04:59 AM - 03/24/14 »
unique content for beta testers?
excellent, already signed my code in, i hope it all works out :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Slain Immortal

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SlainImmortal
  • PSN ID: SlainImmortal
« Reply #92 on: 05:19 AM - 03/24/14 »

dear Lord it's hard to resist the slow burn and siren calls that bungie instills..

This.... So much this...

Watched the latest Destiny Update video and wow.

Must.... Resist... Hype.... GAH!
No matter how nice I ask random people, nobody will take me to Funkytown.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 07:09 AM - 03/24/14 »
4. Future VR support built in, kind of. Destiny uses a visual rendering engine called Umbra (3.0). This makes it incredibly easier to generate a VR image since only one image needs to be processed, verses two independent, and gives the exact same effect. So if VR takes off over the next 3 years, which I promise you it will, expect VR support for Destiny rather quickly.

I would be happy about this if it wasn't for the fact no game designed from a 2D screen for a 2D screen will ever work or look correct in VR! These games need to be built from the ground up for VR in order for things to "look" correct in VR.

If you walk up to a doorway, and from 4-5m away in game it looks to scale, but then the closer you get to the door it looks to small! It will ruin immersion! That's one aspect, now take that and apply it to every piece of the game?

You can only hope they some how unknowingly built the game through a 2D screen and everything coincidentally just scaled properly when you stick a VR headset on.

Its either that OR they have been using OCVR to develop the game and just don't feel like sharing that information. I truly wish it would work, but the odds are stacked massively against it.

« Last Edit: 09:12 AM - 03/24/14 by YEESH_DALE »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #94 on: 07:25 AM - 03/24/14 »
i'd be okay with gimmicky VR, it would be just a source of laughs to share with friends. what i would not accept is game making me puke, which is what tends to happen when a game is ported to VR half assedly..

we'll see @E3. if they don't announce anything then we're fine, as if the game gets VR it will be down the line and with enough time to get it right. if they do announce something so soon it could mean hit or miss.

you can have as low as a 2 man team working on scaling the whole game and they doing a fine job, but changing design and mechanics is hard. normal game mechanics are usually bad for VR. but from the images of the game i can see traits of VR design.. still i don't see bungie getting perfect 60FPS out of the PS4. how would they possibly manage that?! without that, no VR.

@Vale please report with special attention any info about the game's framerate. that will clue us in. even though it can be misleading as the game could have a VR mode where visual quality is toned down to allow for more robust framerate and other stuff.
also, if you see actions like "jumping 360 no scope headshot" or similar report back so we can dismiss VR for the game.
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #95 on: 02:21 PM - 03/24/14 »
I would hope Bungie would release VR when it's ready. They only said VR is very optional if they want to do it in the future. There is no confirmation at this time, and the chances that VR come to the game even within 2 years is slim I think. It's just nice to know support is built in for when VR goes mainstream here in a few years.

@Yeesh - I couldn't imagine Bungie doing crappy VR that looks distorted. I definitely wouldn't use it, and I'm sure I would not be the only one. If they do VR, expect them to pull it off. You made a good point though. I'm going to keep an eye on that.

@ak - LOL! Your hype thruster post made me crack up. I've already been telling telling people to expect my disappearance around the beta and official launch. This will be a period of no life stuck to the PS4, I assure you. The key advantage to Umbra would be a high frame rate, but I see what you mean. 60fps is good for a monitor, but when you're talking VR, you honestly want closer to 120. I have no idea how they are going to pull off VR, but they have plenty of time to work it out.  ;)

@Slain - They really are the masters of building hype lol. Just got to deal with the trickle of information for a little longer. Apparently Bungie has been planning a blowout news event for weeks, and it's about to hit us.

@Od1n - *jab jab wink wink  Maybe you can sweet talk OBsIV or Orbital into making a ST early for the beta? I'm sure the movement mechanics will not change from the beta to official release, and if they did for some odd reason, not by much. It would be time well invested on their part. If it's in the rulebook not to do that, we need to get together and create the most natural feeling ST we can. I've learned just how important a good ST is since owning my Edge for a few weeks.  ;)
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 02:35 PM - 03/24/14 »
I'm fine that PS4 users get beta access and XB1 doesn't....but exclusive content? that's a bit much ....oh well, still sticking to xb1 for this....

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #97 on: 03:07 PM - 03/24/14 »
@ak - LOL! Your hype thruster post made me crack up. I've already been telling telling people to expect my disappearance around the beta and official launch. This will be a period of no life stuck to the PS4, I assure you. The key advantage to Umbra would be a high frame rate, but I see what you mean. 60fps is good for a monitor, but when you're talking VR, you honestly want closer to 120. I have no idea how they are going to pull off VR, but they have plenty of time to work it out.  ;)

not doing STs for betas is an unwritten rule. don't get mist started on that..
you can try asking him (he's the one making it and all), if you do don't spare any sweet talking too, but i wouldn't get my hopes up. just hope the look mechanic is close to something else we currently already have..

i know exactly how those periods are. hey, some people travel the world, some do walkabouts, some go camping/hunting, some go sailing... we? we go be Heroes. Guardians of worlds and conquerors, bringers of death to realms. and we have quite the fun doing it to the point of mildly~severe addiction ^^

Sony announced the thing at GDC and i didn't hear no word or commentary on how they plan to specifically help devs or address the issue that a normal AAA game demands too much to get high framerates that are suitable for VR.

it'd be easy for Minecraft and heavy stylized games like 'No Man's Sky'. but Destiny would need to kill so much to get details down to the point they could pull something like 90fps. though, i have to say, that Umbra trick will be priceless. really it solves the issue of having to process an image into 2 and taking the hit from it..

anyway if they take their time with it then my confidence goes up from non-existent to relevant. as they can certainly pull it off with enough work. i wonder though if the investment isn't too large.. because bundling VR in for free is not too different than bundling, say, a port of a Halo game (if it was possible) in the sense that they work a lot to give us this big amount of content without any returns. when they could very well just present a fee to compensate the investment. regardless it's cool to dream of it. either way it's so far away that for now it's of little concern.

I'm fine that PS4 users get beta access and XB1 doesn't....but exclusive content? that's a bit much ....oh well, still sticking to xb1 for this....

it could be worse. Sony could have bought exclusivity rights and you wouldn't even have the game at all for your xbone.. you know, like MS did titanfall. you should be glad.
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #98 on: 03:14 PM - 03/24/14 »
however though, one thing to keep in mind is, Intel, AMD and Nvidia had a panel on how OpenGL could have north of tenfold the performance with simple steps taken in the programming.

so it's not only something devs can do immediately, essentially netting OpenGL a free performance boost. it's also something VR will appreciate. (here is an example link: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/20/opengl-gdc2014/)
soon..

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 03:19 PM - 03/24/14 »
it could be worse. Sony could have bought exclusivity rights and you wouldn't even have the game at all for your xbone.. you know, like MS did titanfall. you should be glad.

That's true. This is a game I'm looking forward to enough that I might have ended buying a ps4 as well to play it if it were an exclusive. That being said, I may have to wait and see whether the player base on the xb1 is comparable enough to the ps4....

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #100 on: 03:36 PM - 03/24/14 »
odds are player base in xbone will be quite fine. think about it, shooters are xbox's prime genre. no Halo5, no Gears before Destiny.. only Titanfall,COD and BF. so there should be plenty of space for a large player base really.

also i have an impression xbox owners favor western RPGs much like Playstation one's usually favor JRPGs.. if that's so, there's overlap for Destiny as it's both a shooter and RPG.

all that not mentioning the obvious: xbox owners = halo fans = want games from Bungie. particularly after some past fiascoes with Halo.
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 01:41 AM - 03/25/14 »
Here is a 2nd video released over the recent news. It's mostly the same stuff, but this guy makes really good videos. There are a few addition things as well not covered in the other video.

http://youtu.be/uzdwpytBPPQ
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #102 on: 06:20 AM - 03/25/14 »
do we get several char slots so we can have one of each class or something? or is it one slot per player and we need to make choices?

currently i have no idea what class to pick and i can foresee how some might want to change class after investing some 100h into the game.. but changing from lvl X to scratch and losing all loot and all seems a bad idea.
soon..

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 03:24 PM - 03/25/14 »
do we get several char slots so we can have one of each class or something? or is it one slot per player and we need to make choices?

currently i have no idea what class to pick and i can foresee how some might want to change class after investing some 100h into the game.. but changing from lvl X to scratch and losing all loot and all seems a bad idea.

I believe you can have several chars. I'm not sure if they had decided on static classes or classes based on weapons equipped. I would rather the latter.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 03:34 AM - 03/26/14 »
It is confirmed you can have multiple classes.

This is a great video on weapons and supers - http://youtu.be/cpPTOfPKKSI
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE