XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 501862 times)

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #45 on: 04:59 PM - 03/04/14 »
whats the info on timesinks like crafting +1 crap....I hate crafting ......especially when they make you sit there and spend millions of ingame currency for a 5% chance of turning your +8 weapon into a +9.....

LOL. I agree I hate crafting too. My crafting was extremely limited in all the elder scroll games.

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #46 on: 07:16 PM - 03/04/14 »
Honestly.

I have yet to ever see a fpsrpg succeed. They are always hyped. Always begin well. Then get incredibly boring.

I mean maybe one day it will be done right. Unfortunay shooting other people will always be more fun than grinding npcs In a shooter.

Many have tried many have failed. Not due to bad mechanics or worlds or bugs. Simply due to theta t that running around and shooting aliens gets old.

At least in fantasy RPGs there is strategy involved.

I think I'll wait to see the dissapontment on people's faces. There was one not long ago everyone e here was playing...that lasted what? A week?

Tabula rasa is another. They all fail in the long run. However if its eer pulled off right it could've incredibly successful.

May e this one is it but my hopes aren't very high. Graphics are irrelevant.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07:51 PM - 03/04/14 »
You don't consider borderlands to be a fps rpg?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #48 on: 07:55 PM - 03/04/14 »
Honestly.

I have yet to ever see a fpsrpg succeed. They are always hyped. Always begin well. Then get incredibly boring.

I mean maybe one day it will be done right. Unfortunay shooting other people will always be more fun than grinding npcs In a shooter.

Many have tried many have failed. Not due to bad mechanics or worlds or bugs. Simply due to theta t that running around and shooting aliens gets old.

I think I'll wait to see the dissapontment on people's faces. There was one not long ago everyone e here was playing...that lasted what? A week?

Tabula rasa is another. They all fail in the long run. However if its eer pulled off right it could've incredibly successful.

We will have to see what happens ;)

There is tons of hype regarding Destiny. The game is going to have to be nothing short of amazing to keep up.

On the up side though, these are all things Bungie has factored in. One of their top priorities is create a universe that drives your desire to play more and more. They are attempting to achieve this with a hugely diverse amount of things to do, both solo, and with other gamers, whether they be friends, or random players around the world matched up for public events. From what I understand, the world map will show countless activities that are happening in real time around the game. You can choose to participate in whatever you like, and your personal ship will fly, and drop you off at the location.

Of course there is the competitive multiplayer too. Unlike many other RPGs with multiplayer, Destiny's multiplayer will be deeply tied into the entire game. This will be primarily through factions. Not much has been revealed yet in this area, but expect multiplayer and factions to be an integral part of the game.

You don't consider borderlands to be a fps rpg?

In fact, I think Borderlands 2 is the closest example to date of what Destiny is going to be. Although I believe Destiny will be expanding in many areas :)
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08:01 PM - 03/04/14 »
There are a lot of free to play FPSRPGs out there and they mostly suck. That might be what Ninja is referring to.

That being said, if someone can spend 50+ days worth of hours playing COD for a year, I can see this being fun for at least a year. There's PVE and PVP elements in the game, so there's something for everyone.

Well, we will see how the beta goes.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08:18 PM - 03/04/14 »
Well, we will see how the beta goes.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the best  :)
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #51 on: 10:49 PM - 03/04/14 »
Honestly.

Ninja I agree so much. But look at it this way, i'm not saying it will the best game ever.. Warframe is neat (not a fan myself) with pve. And bl2 is fun while co op pve , raids , dungeons .. I think its something hard to aspire yet worth the try, may, be insanely to mediocre fun ^^
Its something to play really..

Have you ever played MAG before?
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 02:00 AM - 03/07/14 »
The Bungie weekly update on the 1st was what pushed me into making this thread. All the hints suggesting the beta could arrive in just 8 weeks was too exciting to read.

One of my favorite Destiny news channels just uploaded a video over the weekly update. I've been waiting to hear what he thinks, and I'm really liking it  ;D

http://youtu.be/U3_jEexonWs

btw, does anyone know the code to embed a YouTube video? I see on the forums videos you can just click play.
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06:24 AM - 03/07/14 »
thanks for keeping us updated, i personally dont read the bungie updates on destiny so its nice to have someone that brings us the essence of their words :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08:37 AM - 03/07/14 »
thanks for keeping us updated, i personally dont read the bungie updates on destiny so its nice to have someone that brings us the essence of their words :)

My pleasure!  :)

I hope I'm able to get more XIM members interested in Destiny. Would love to experience the beta with some of you. I'm sure we could power through raids and levels pretty easily!

Onwards! With our superior aiming abilities!!
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09:05 AM - 03/07/14 »

My pleasure!  :)

I hope I'm able to get more XIM members interested in Destiny. Would love to experience the beta with some of you. I'm sure we could power through raids and levels pretty easily!

Onwards! With our superior aiming abilities!!

add me as an xbone friend vale....
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09:37 AM - 03/07/14 »
add me as an xbone friend vale....

Haha, I wish my gamertag was TEXAS.

I'm a proud PS4 player  ;)
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #57 on: 06:10 PM - 03/07/14 »
you take the normal link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_jEexonWs&feature=youtu.be

and trim it to be in this format:

Code: [Select]
[flash=720,480]https://www.youtube.com/v/U3_jEexonWs&hd=1[/flash]

so it's always like this http://www.youtube.com/v/InsertVideoCodeHere&hd=1 inside of the stuff the "flash" button creates. it's the first button on the left in the 2nd row of post formatting/edit buttons, right before a pic of the monalisa.

and i suggest you change the size to 720,480 for HD stuff and less for stuff you want others to hear and not see.
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09:39 PM - 03/07/14 »
you take the normal link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_jEexonWs&feature=youtu.be

and trim it to be in this format:

[flash=720,480]https://www.youtube.com/v/U3_jEexonWs&hd=1[/flash]

so it's always like this http://www.youtube.com/v/InsertVideoCodeHere&hd=1 inside of the stuff the "flash" button creates. it's the first button on the left in the 2nd row of post formatting/edit buttons, right before a pic of the monalisa.

and i suggest you change the size to 720,480 for HD stuff and less for stuff you want others to hear and not see.

I played around a little with a video, but couldn't get it to work  ???

If I wanted to insert this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQFmob-vsM

How exactly would the code have to look?

Thanks for trying xD I'm sure I am missing something stupid
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #59 on: 09:49 PM - 03/07/14 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQFmob-vsM

[flash=720,480]https://www.youtube.com/v/hLQFmob-vsM&hd=1[/flash]
or:
https://www.youtube.com/v/hLQFmob-vsM&hd=1

you are welcome. you just need to isolate the video id, which comes after "watch?v=", and sometimes has stuff in front of it like "&hd=1". with practice you will get used to all the stuff that can be on the URL around the video id and it starts to be easy to isolate it pretty fast
soon..