XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 482939 times)

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
Re: Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« Reply #3105 on: 03:23 PM - 03/30/15 »
I can see MIDA being good for people who don't have the hunter helmet with the radar perk. Since I have that, it's a wasted perk slot for me on the MIDA...I got it anyways just to see....honestly for an exotic, not impressed.

Not even gonna compare it to my thorn, that would be no contest...my legendary handcannon Lord High Fixer has the radar perk as well, but has better range, higher impact, and for a hand cannon, reloads reasonably fast....it also has better aim assist (much like the thorn) ... I'm not even sure you can get this HC anymore...

I have Lord also.  I don't think there is anyway to get it any longer.

As far as MIDA.  It's a very good Crucible weapon.  Whenever I say this I tend to get a lot of responses of the it's no Thorn/Hawkmoon/Red Hand/ etc variety lol.  I'm not saying to replace anything.  I'm just saying that the gun is very good in Crucible also.

I know what the best weapons in the game are, but I'm not the type of person to use the same 3 guns all the time.  I like to use a lot of weapons in a lot of different categories, so I'm just letting people know what other viable options there are when you get bored of Thorning and Last Wording everyone to death lol.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: 05:02 AM - 03/31/15 »
did anyone notice any issues when playing as a sword bearer in the Raid? I noticed my swings feel heavy and like the stick when sword goes down...So far i can only get 2 slams per kneeling. I am using g502 with nav...
No one? using the g502 and running sword in the raid?...starting to think is a mechanical issue...sheetz! :'(

Offline pdogg6

• Southeast Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: 07:43 AM - 03/31/15 »
did anyone notice any issues when playing as a sword bearer in the Raid? I noticed my swings feel heavy and like the stick when sword goes down...So far i can only get 2 slams per kneeling. I am using g502 with nav...
No one? using the g502 and running sword in the raid?...starting to think is a mechanical issue...sheetz! :'(

I ran the sword Saturday and didn't notice any difference.  I didn't upgrade my Xim4 to the RC though.
RTR
Setup: PS4 - XIM Apex - G502 - Sony Nav.
PS4 Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdoggcss

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: 08:44 AM - 04/01/15 »
k thanks...not sure what it is then.  :-\

Offline pdogg6

• Southeast Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: 09:42 AM - 04/01/15 »
k thanks...not sure what it is then.  :-\

Are you pressing forward when you swing the blade?  Pressing up on the left thumb stick increases R2 speed.
RTR
Setup: PS4 - XIM Apex - G502 - Sony Nav.
PS4 Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdoggcss

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #3110 on: 11:43 AM - 04/01/15 »
I can see MIDA being good for people who don't have the hunter helmet with the radar perk. Since I have that, it's a wasted perk slot for me on the MIDA...I got it anyways just to see....honestly for an exotic, not impressed.

Not even gonna compare it to my thorn, that would be no contest...my legendary handcannon Lord High Fixer has the radar perk as well, but has better range, higher impact, and for a hand cannon, reloads reasonably fast....it also has better aim assist (much like the thorn) ... I'm not even sure you can get this HC anymore...

I am an extremely aggressive player. Mida+dance machines+all perks geared toward speed on the hunter is an excellent combo.  That was the point, I like spidey use a variety of weapons.  There's no real this is better than that always.  Change your perks and armor around with weapons to match your play style and character.  Everyone seems to have their preference but doesn't mean it's the only great weapon.  Hell I change weapons during crucible all the time pending what type of people I'm playing against and their weapons.

Felwinterslie w/ range perks is still retarded. I played against a full team with 4 of them using that and a couple hawkmoons. BS ensued as I was 3k points while my whole pub team was less than 1k.  When full team realized they couldn't out gun me they literally all ran at me firing Felwinterslie since I could get 1 maybe two during the full on charge but the range is do retarded.

I did exact vengeance on nxt map with the found. They blinked right into my shotty like I don't know where they are gonna land lol. *Blink* I aim where they land and pull trigger F yur Felwinterslie blink. 
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: 01:44 PM - 04/01/15 »
If you like shotguns, I guess it makes a difference. I'm all about sniping (top 1% for avg kill distance + precision kills in crucible), even in small maps like Asylum, there are great sniping spots. I don't ever touch shotguns...I guess the fun for me is to be able to snipe anywhere regardless of the map and mode. Think I'm at over 4000 sniper kills with 75% headshots ~weee

and yeah felwinter is succhhhh a lame nooby gun :P seriously though that range is retarded

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #3112 on: 09:56 AM - 04/02/15 »
If you like shotguns, I guess it makes a difference. I'm all about sniping (top 1% for avg kill distance + precision kills in crucible), even in small maps like Asylum, there are great sniping spots. I don't ever touch shotguns...I guess the fun for me is to be able to snipe anywhere regardless of the map and mode. Think I'm at over 4000 sniper kills with 75% headshots ~weee

and yeah felwinter is succhhhh a lame nooby gun :P seriously though that range is retarded

Do you use NLB?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #3113 on: 11:00 AM - 04/02/15 »

I use the G502 and run sword on my hunter. I have no problem getting four heavy slams per Crota kneel.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: 12:09 PM - 04/02/15 »

Do you use NLB?

No, I don't have it...I was asking about it earlier and everyone says its not worth it....but if Xur sells it, I'd probably get it just for fun...

My go to sniper is Patience and Time, with Lord High Fixer as main.
If I need my Thorn, I have Y-09 Longbow as sniper.

These seem to do well for me. I actually have more kills with snipes than I do with Handcannons. This is as bladedancer btw....blink is just too valuable to give up.

I also have a whopping 16 kills total for shotguns lol...

Offline SHawking

• View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: 12:08 AM - 04/14/15 »
So, my Xim 4 finally came in today guys, and I'm very excited to try it out in some PvP on Destiny. I have a G502 mouse, a Sony Nav controller and play mainly on the Xbox One.

However, I've never used a keyboard/mouse to game before (and am new to Xim 4 completely), so I thought I'd ask the regulars/experts here what their setup is.

For example;

Does everyone use the default ST, or a custom one (I believe they're also referred to as custom graphs or some such)?
What is your HIP and ADS sensitivity?
Just to make sure, I should set the sensitivity in game to the maximum level and have the mouse operate at its maximum DPI (which I believe is 12,000) yes?

Thanks for any help

Offline BuryUrDad

• View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: 04:58 AM - 04/14/15 »

Offline SHawking

• View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: 05:10 AM - 04/14/15 »
Thanks for that link Dad  ;D

Just a question about curves though (as I've never used a Xim before), what essentially is the purpose of them? For example, the Destiny curve in that thread you linked, deals with HIP and ADS (anti-sticky aim curve specifically).

I searched the forum and found that curves give "added acceleration, deceleration, speed limits, or velocity boosts (known as "predicable non-linear behavior"). Ballistic Curves provide this level of control".

For someone who has never used a mouse before however, what does this mean exactly? Is aiming made more accurate/easier etc? Or are curves generally meant for people who have been gaming with mice on PC and need different settings when gaming with mice on consoles (i.e. not newcomers to gaming with mice in general, like myself)?

Thanks again for the help :)
« Last Edit: 05:14 AM - 04/14/15 by SHawking »

Offline AntiM

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AntiM59
« Reply #3118 on: 06:14 AM - 04/14/15 »
The purpose of non-linear acceleration is generally for greater control at slower mouse speeds and faster movement at higher speeds.  A curve on a computer for instance is good for something like Photoshop work.  Moving your mouse slowly drops the sensitivity and  gives you greater control for fine movements like cloning and a faster hand movement raises the sensitivity and allows you to accomplish broad movements such as moving from menu to menu quickly and without lifting.

You've no doubt read something of "low sense" and "twitch" or "high sense" players.  A curve allows the gamer to use a bit from both styles.  Slow hand movements for fine aiming while sniping.  Fast movements for quick turns to bring a gun to bear on your opponent. 

I generally use a bit of a curve for both work and play if it's available in the software.  Some would argue it makes movement less predictable and opt for linear movement and the big giant mouse pad approach.  There are a ton of posts that expand on the general priciple for specific uses.

Offline SHawking

• View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: 06:25 AM - 04/14/15 »
Thanks so much for the detailed explanation mate; it really helped in simplifying what exactly adding a curve does.

I guess I'll just use a normal config first, and then use a config with a curve on it, and see which I like best. Is that the best approach in your view?

I have a fairly large mousepad (the Logitech G440 to be precise) and use the Logitech G502 as my mouse, so I'm not sure if a curve is even necessary.

Admin