XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 478977 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #30 on: 01:59 PM - 03/03/14 »
high hopes man but i'll wait to see how it goes.. really interested in PvE
soon..

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #31 on: 03:55 PM - 03/03/14 »
apologies if its been said before, but this looks like halo and borderlands got together and made a baby.

That's a good thing, halo is pretty fun, I really liked coop Halo ODST.  Borderlands coop was pretty fun too. Although I thought some of the quests drug on a bit. Sorting through massive amounts of loot with friends was not very much fun.

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06:44 PM - 03/03/14 »
Cod was supposed to tide me over till Titanfall. (cod failed)
Titanfall should tide me over till Destiny.
Destiny should tide me over till...idunno the new cod?

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #33 on: 07:11 PM - 03/03/14 »
I'm very much interested in playing when it comes out. I'll likely be focusing on TF still, and wait a few weeks for reviews and general consensus before I finally decide to get it.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #34 on: 07:19 PM - 03/03/14 »
oh i play BL2 with "Amsterdam friends" and love it too, we have a different name to call weed but sure BL2 is the right game to play high and laugh to death.. (that's the joke!)

in all seriousness though i hope destiny is more engaging than borderlands, harder, more tactical.. with more purpose than Warframe and no grindfests or "spam mouse1 to win" dungeons...

LOOOL! He is an actual person not an imaginary friend (of course if I was completely hallucinating that would be something I would say... :P). If you have BL2 we can play sometime. He's my "brother from another mother" that moved there a couple of years ago for work.

A more compelling, tactical (whether in PvP or PvE) and all around demanding game than BL seems to be the goal. In my head the game will be like a first person shooter WoW. #hope

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #35 on: 08:38 PM - 03/03/14 »
FPS Wow is the exact treasure i kinda want Destiny to hold!

i don't have the original borderlands2, i always play via tunngle (expect perfect loot, i like to ride with 3 infinities + double harold .... nothing i can't take on BL2 entire world alone on max difficulty ahahah) and i'll be going back when i get wind of new DLC being available for sure, like i always do ^^
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #36 on: 10:00 PM - 03/03/14 »
apologies if its been said before, but this looks like halo and borderlands got together and made a baby.

That's a good thing, halo is pretty fun, I really liked coop Halo ODST.  Borderlands coop was pretty fun too. Although I thought some of the quests drug on a bit. Sorting through massive amounts of loot with friends was not very much fun.

Boarderlands + Halo = Destiny

Ha! I believe it  ;D

FPS Wow is the exact treasure i kinda want Destiny to hold!

i always play via tunngle (expect perfect loot, i like to ride with 3 infinities + double harold .... nothing i can't take on BL2 entire world alone on max difficulty ahahah) and i'll be going back when i get wind of new DLC being available for sure, like i always do ^^

Have you heard how the loot will work in Destiny? They have designed quite a great system.
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10:14 PM - 03/03/14 »
how is it done?

i found borderlands loot system always quite funny, beating one of the huge bosses gave a fontaine of loot, everything was covered in it lol
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #38 on: 10:59 PM - 03/03/14 »
how is it done?

i found borderlands loot system always quite funny, beating one of the huge bosses gave a fontaine of loot, everything was covered in it lol

yes. everyone thinks it's funny until i throw my 200 infinity clones in to the middle of terra's gifts (terramorphous loot) with that one singular gun they asked me for. and i'm not exaggerating on the number, i've thrown more.. then it's crying they don't find their little needle in the gunstack bwaah bwaaah while i try to not cry from laughing too hard.

Have you heard how the loot will work in Destiny? They have designed quite a great system.

back on the first reveal they had me at "everyone gets their own, no more fighting for loot or getting sniper when you are a gunner or a machinegun for a sniper blablabla".. everything was funny and cool in borderlands except the fights and madness of people trying to get the rare stuff when loot started to come out after raids. that sucked quite hard.
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:01 PM - 03/03/14 »
how is it done?

What ak said ^^^

Destiny utilizes a private loot system. This has a couple benefits. Most importantly, loot drops will be connected directly with your avatar and level. If you are a higher level, expect to get higher level guns and gear. You will not be pestered with low level items you don't need or want. And secondly, no one can steal your loot. Your loot stream is yours! Bungie wants loot drops to be special and fun. Expect big rewards less frequently than your typical RPG though. This is of course so all the best items don't flood the game to the point they become meaningless and annoying.

Something I'm really excited about are random events. The Destiny “living” universe is going to bring many new avenues to RPGs. For example, you could be minding your own business, exploring the landscape, when you notice some enemy troops up to something off in the distance. You can choose to sneak around, or confront them, most likely getting some reward in the process. You never know when or where a hostile group could appear, and it's your decision to attack or ignore them. I imagine you could possibly come across friendlies too, but this hasn't been discussed yet, just my speculation.  A public event is a little different, and was actually demonstrated in one of the videos Bungie released (It's in the gameplay video I linked in my original post). Essentially, when a large public event is occurring, or fixing to occur, a server dedicated to quality match making, could spawn you near the event, and you can complete whatever task is at hand with other Guardians who choose to take part.

Btw, thanks again for editing my post for me. Looks so much better! :D
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11:10 PM - 03/03/14 »
awww, but i am so good in seeing that one orange color in a sea of purple, blue and white :( :P
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #41 on: 11:19 PM - 03/03/14 »
i really value the decision to not let RARE loot become a "veteran badge", as in everyone not a noob has one.

that, for me which is someone that hates RPGs except Demon's/DarkSouls basically, is something i think should be mandatory in MMOs and MP RPGs.. Borderlands2 drop rates are cool in some cases but they are undermined by the random stats of the gun (which renders getting the better one's or the best suited to your gameplay jackpot or miss as it's impractical to repeat the raid enough times to get it) AND another layer of luck of the draw in some cases like mosquito raid boss spawn in max difficulty or once per playthrough enemies...

i don't want to feel cheated by the game's mechanics. if it's dumb luck then make them be dumb luck based for all. Destiny sounds theoretically very well though in the loot aspect, let's see if they really get the balance right.

and it's the same story for a lot of other details about this game. this is not my first rodeo and objectively the game sounds very right, but it's easier to be like that on paper. when the games are out and we check balancing and design or polish of everything THEN we'll see.

awww, but i am so good in seeing that one orange color in a sea of purple, blue and white :( :P

i'll make this short:

there are sites like wiki and such that are basically loot databases.
there are sites that let me custom build the loot so their parameters fit my needs or are at their best.
there are forums and sites with already built loot with a code i can just paste to get.
+
i can clone or make any loot
+
i'm a kind saddist
=
i have between 50 and 100 unique guns, nades, shields and mods in the backpack at all times that are basically the best items in game for my char and taste.

i mass clone each of those to give them to the people i encounter online. like 100 copies each infinity, 10 of the other guns and so on.

when people ask me for a gun, i make it rain... it's an entire water planet of orange, a sea of blue, 20 oceans of purple, 100 lakes of pink, etc. you won't be picking anything apart if i want to. and i normally do.. THAT's the fun part  ;D
soon..

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #42 on: 11:26 PM - 03/03/14 »
I am very interested myself.  I am going to be all over titanfall though.  I am very curious to see how destiny plays out before I purchase.
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:06 PM - 03/04/14 »
whats the info on timesinks like crafting +1 crap....I hate crafting ......especially when they make you sit there and spend millions of ingame currency for a 5% chance of turning your +8 weapon into a +9.....

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03:54 PM - 03/04/14 »
whats the info on timesinks like crafting +1 crap....I hate crafting ......especially when they make you sit there and spend millions of ingame currency for a 5% chance of turning your +8 weapon into a +9.....

Bungie is stressing they hate timesinks just as much as anyone, especially when it's highly repetitive and boring. In other words, they are keeping stereotypical timesinks out of the game! Of course, there are activities that are going to take a while towards getting a certain weapon or gear drop. You might have to kill a certain boss multiple times before you get the legendary weapon you are working for  ;)
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE