XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 503993 times)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #165 on: 12:38 PM - 04/30/14 »
Here are a few more videos worth a watch. Like I warned you before, LOTS of new news coming.

http://youtu.be/dV7ES-idV4Q

http://youtu.be/Eq3B0DVgKeM

http://youtu.be/xhLBgqPnSUk
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 12:43 PM - 04/30/14 »
The Tower free roam area looks pretty cool! Really cant wait to get in this game. Looking forward to the competitive multiplier the most.
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 02:06 PM - 04/30/14 »
What's the exact release date for this game again?
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 03:08 PM - 04/30/14 »
September 9th.

The beta should be released sometime in mid/late June. Possibly early July.
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 02:27 PM - 05/01/14 »
It has been confirmed that the touchpad will be used in Destiny on the PS4. Essentially you swipe across the pad to activate your "Ghost" companion, which will be very often.

Does anyone know if there has been a solution to the touchpad on XIM4?
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Y2K

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 02:28 PM - 05/01/14 »
Next drop
ONE/PS4/PC
Router:Netgear r7800 with SQM
Mouse: GPro Wireless swap with kailh switches ..
keyboard: Leopold FC900R cherry red
Pad: qck+
Sound: HD600/modmic

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #171 on: 03:09 PM - 05/01/14 »
Next drop

yup just saw that today from OBs mouth none other. ^^ just in time too!
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 04:32 PM - 05/01/14 »
Oh awesome!  ;D
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 12:18 AM - 05/05/14 »
This is a great video explaining in detail the game modes in destiny. It also gets into more new info.

One of the most exciting things is, Bungie plans to keep a team on duty 24 hours a day bringing new daily content. There will be something new to do every day for 10 years! The investment in this game is huge. It's going to be a success.

http://youtu.be/0-8t9kJg490
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 04:30 PM - 05/05/14 »
Here is another video I recommend. It's much of the same information, but presented by Datto, who makes really excellent videos.

http://youtu.be/4fLmK0kxFjs

It has also been confirmed that Destiny is in fact a true free roam world. If you want to travel across the entire map seamlessly, you can do that ("Patrol" game mode). It might just take a little while even on a vehicle. You can meet other players you come across in the expanse. Raids, and strikes are closed off. Only you and your teammates can go into these game types. Public events in the free roam area are accessible to anyone, however there is a limit to the number of players involved.
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #175 on: 10:03 PM - 05/05/14 »
i'm wondering if there will be massive public events. where teams (which have a max of 6, 3+3) can participate en mass, (lets say something like 3-4 teams, 3x3 or 3x4.) would be cool to have such high level raids to keep things challenging.

the reason i say that is i'm not very hard trying to get a score generally. DevilMayCry apart i'm always to numb to it and unmotivated. but fight or flight? i turn beast mode on automatically and pull stuff out of my behind xD
always perform better when my life is on the line, virtual or real.
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 11:10 PM - 05/05/14 »
I sure hope so. Massive public events would be too fun for them to leave out!  ;D

That's a good question. I'm going to ask Bungie!

I bet they will have large ones, they will just come less often then the regular ones. Maybe once a week, once a month, or even daily. Who knows. I don't remember that question ever being answered in a mail sack. It would be awesome if they answer me!
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #177 on: 12:36 AM - 05/06/14 »
from my very crude and limited grasp of their system, it is my understanding a lot of effort was put in place to control loading times and in and outs of players to make it a seemless experience.

the reason they limited the teams to 3, i'm sure has something to do with pure design, but was, as said by them, also conditioned to the limits of the platforms in order to maintain that level of seamless experience.

so, with that in mind, i'm sure big raid events will not be easy for them to manage. despite that i think they can do it no problem. and very much like you just said, it would be great if it's not a common event in order to really convey a sense of scale and lengend feeling.

can you imagine we talking in 2-3 years like this:
"so Vale are you going to the fallen mass invasion event next month? some people said it won't be as epic as the massive faction clash last year, but it will still be better than we had that Mars World war.."  ;D
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #178 on: 01:31 AM - 05/06/14 »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/06/us-activision-destiny-idUSBREA4501F20140506?feedType=RSS
Activision places $500 million bet on its next blockbuster franchise

Activision Blizzard Inc intends to spend $500 million developing and promoting "Destiny," potentially breaking industry records as it seeks to build the sci-fi role-playing videogame into its next multibillion-dollar franchise.

CEO Bobby Kotick revealed the number, which dwarfs Hollywood spending on some of its biggest firms, during the Milken conference in Los Angeles last week. A company spokesperson said on Monday the number was accurate but also included marketing, packaging, infrastructure support, royalties and other costs.

Activision, eyeing the flagging growth of its long-running "Call of Duty" action-shooter franchise, is eager to lay the foundation for its next multi-game blockbuster series.

Investors hope that "Destiny," scheduled for release on September 9 from Bungie, the same studio that created Microsoft's best-selling "Halo" franchise, could re-invigorate Activision's revenue, which slid 6 percent in 2013.

The company signed a 10-year contract with Bungie in 2010 that gives it worldwide distribution rights and significant control over the potential franchise's development.

"If you're making a $500 million bet you can't take that chance with someone else's IP," Activision CEO told the Milken conference. "The stakes for us are getting bigger."

"Destiny" is a cross between a traditional shooting game format and a role-playing game in which gamers play characters in a real-time online world. The title allows gamers to play "Guardians" who protect the last city standing on a post-apocalyptic Earth.

Analysts said $500 million would likely be a record spent on a single game - especially one without an established track record. To break even, Activision would have to sell about 15 million to 16 million units of a $60 game, analysts said.

"It's a head scratcher, said Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia. "For brand new IP, it's tough but it could post a big surprise."

Bhatia expects the game will sell 8 million units. "Grand Theft Auto V," which hit stores last September, was a runaway success with over 32.5 million units as of February this year. But it was the fifth installment of a critically acclaimed series that had become an indelible component of popular youth culture.

RECORD BY ANY NAME

Some analysts estimate that Take-Two Interactive, the publisher of "Grand Theft Auto," spent over $260 million to develop, produce and market the fifth installment, though it's unclear whether that's comparable with Activision's own $500 million figure.

GTA is on track to reach $2 billion in retail sales, according to analysts.

"Bungie's very ambitious plan is designed to unfold over a 10-year period, "said an Activision spokesperson. "The depth of creative content, scope and scale is unprecedented and is required to bring Bungie's vision to life."

The spokesperson added that investment in the next generation engine and a "robust backend infrastructure are upfront expenditures that should reduce future product development costs."

"Over the long term, we expect the ultimate product costs to be roughly in line with other Triple-A titles."

Activison's big bet comes as hits are getting harder to come by. The industry is struggling with a years-long sales slump, the result of increasing competition from free-to-play games on smartphones and tablets. Video game software sales plummeted 11 percent last year from 2012.

Sales of Activision's 2013 title, "Call of Duty: Ghosts," proved weaker than its 2012 installment.

Over time, Activision's "Destiny" could hit large numbers "but there's no way they would come close to Grand Theft Auto," said Mike Hickey, an analyst at the Benchmark Company.

Still, Activision's executives say they see franchise potential in its new game.

"We expect 'Destiny' to be Activision Publishing's next billion-dollar franchise," Kotick said when the company released its fourth quarter earnings on February 6.

The company, which reports first-quarter earnings after the closing bell on Tuesday, saw earnings slide 12 percent to $1 billion in 2013. Its revenues dropped to $4.6 billion, from $4.9 billion the year before.

It generates significant revenue from its franchise properties, but many of those are several years old. "Call of Duty" has had a decade-long run while "World of Warcraft" was first released in 2004.

Franchises enable game publishers to generate steady revenue from several iterations, as well as digital sales from additional downloadable content.

Activision could use another money-making shooter game franchise, said Hickey, the Benchmark Company analyst.

"It's up to management to create new experiences to drive forward growth over a game that could be aging a bit," he said. "I'm not saying 'Call of Duty' is like that, but everyone is concerned about fatigue and competition."

$500 million developing and promoting Destiny. holly crap is someone at activision gonna go schoolcompany shooting or cutting his wrists if this game isn't fun and flops..
soon..

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Admin