XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 476645 times)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #15 on: 10:34 PM - 03/02/14 »
i can edit it for you, just send me your new version and ill edit your first post :)

btw destiny and the division are the games im looking forward to the most :)

That would be great!  ;D I'll make a revision and send you a message some time in the near future. Thanks!

I hadn't heard of Division until just now. Checked out a gameplay video, and holy snap! That game looks legit! Kinda freaks me out though lol. Anything with huge viral outbreaks gets me worked up. There are a lot of scary things going on in that department in the real world. The W.H.O. say they expect something big to happen sometime in the next decade D: We can give a huge thanks to the incredibly massive amounts of antibiotics given to humans an many livestock. The drugs are doing their job.. killing all the regular viruses. Regrettably though, fluke viruses that have immunity are left behind. Super viruses are literally breeding in city waterways right now. Thankfully we have some seriously advanced technology and understanding now to decipher biological hazards, and can come up with solutions faster than ever, but still.. freaks me out

Kinda got on a tangent there  ::)

I can definitely see Division being a very successful game, though I think all my time will still be spend on destiny :p

http://news.discovery.com/earth/oceans/super-bacteria-breeding-in-u-s-cities-streams-130923.htm
« Last Edit: 10:39 PM - 03/02/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #16 on: 10:40 PM - 03/02/14 »
i can edit it for you, just send me your new version and ill edit your first post :)

btw destiny and the division are the games im looking forward to the most :)

I agree, The Division and Destiny as well for me.

The Division more so.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:59 PM - 03/02/14 »
Down with this thread! this one was first! http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=30835

Down with this thread!

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:35 PM - 03/02/14 »
Down with this thread! this one was first! http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=30835

Down with this thread!

Haha my bad bro, Didn't mean to take any your thread's thunder

I've been a lurker for a few months on another account, and just recently made an account I plan to stick with. Wanted to start things off with a Destiny thread  :)

(I've recently slipped back into a Destiny obsession state xD)

grammer issues

Irony.. Got a pretty good laugh out of that just now. I used way too much auto-check growing up!!! AHhh! Let's go ahead and plan on taking care of that one too lmao
« Last Edit: 11:42 PM - 03/02/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:15 AM - 03/03/14 »
Is this going to be a title with 500 pay to win packs?
Be humble

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07:34 AM - 03/03/14 »

No.

650 I believe.

Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07:51 AM - 03/03/14 »
Ah ok, pass.
Be humble

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:14 AM - 03/03/14 »
The Division, oh my guud lawdy!

Now theres a game i'm excited for.

The door mechanics and bullet damage dynamic make for a really immersive environment.

@Vale Remeber thr film Outbreak, that film was boss!
Freaky as hell.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #23 on: 10:52 AM - 03/03/14 »

I assure you, this will be a game that lives up to the hype ;) Bungie began initial development way back on 07, and began making real progress in 2010. They had the option to split up the team and work on a few different projects at once, in case some of them failed, but they decided to dedicate the entire company on one game. Bungie is covering every angle with Destiny. They know this is a one shot, are are working tirelessly to bring a remarkable game to the masses. I urge you to go look up some of the recent Destiny news, because I promise it will only excite you. Of course nothing wrong with waiting till September for one massive surprise  8)

I sincerely hope you're right. I'm not trying to be  Major Buzzkill, but I've heard that song before. It was called Star Wars: The Old Republic, and I was also making the same claims before the game came out. But then it did...

Gaming companies are more interessested in making money than decent games (Battefield 4 and so on are perfect examples). They create the hype, make a lot of pre order promises, create a TV series to go along with the game (Defiance and Halo soon I believe) and the bottom line are broken games like ToR, Defiance or BF4.

Don't make claims for your own sake. Not because you'll be called out or something, but ultimately because you'll feel betrayed by the company. I know I did...

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:55 AM - 03/03/14 »

@Vale Remeber thr film Outbreak, that film was boss!
Freaky as hell.

Don't even get me started on that movie lmao. That movie freaked me the ****  out, and I knew it was going to. Hell, even WWZ did, and that was entirety unrealistic.

I'm glad all contagion movies are filmed though. We need more, with even more real science in them. They add awareness to an area of defense where a ton of improvements can be made. We are due for a supervirus :S

Bungie has specifically stated they will not be ruining their game with endless micro transactions, where players can simply buy their way to the top. I don't think you have very much to worry about  :) There will be micro transactions, although you will not be able to buy all the best gear with them. It just may make some of the grunt work, if there is much of that anyways (which I don't believe there is), much easier. And honestly, I will probably give myself a small monthly budget towards micro transactions if it means saving time at stuff I don't enjoy doing. Typically I play games to have fun  ;)

On another note, you may be underestimating how much saving there is in the long run with a $0 monthly subscription. let's be honest, with a game as complex as Destiny, with dynamic, living environments, as well as the massive complexity with multiplayer balancing due to the sheer amount of weapons and gear, Bungie will be dedicating a huge number of their team to Destiny after the game launches to be absolutely sure everything always stays a great experience for gamers. Very few games developers make this commitment! It costs a lot to keep writing the checks, not to mention any lost profit on other games they could be working on.

In short, I 100% guarantee you Bungie will not be taking a $h!t on their game by ruining it with MTs. They have too much riding on this title to make a mistake that stupid.
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #25 on: 12:00 PM - 03/03/14 »
i had a lot of fun in Borderlands. Destiny is grabbing the "RPG elements in a FPS" and "drop in drop out co-op", evolving them a bit into more MMO-ish and letting Bungie do what they do best.. i hope it will be ok and i hope i have a lot of fun with it.. i'll believe it when i see it though, no pre-orders from me.

best case i think i'll really fall in love with the game.
worst case i'll try it and say "bye" to it.
soon..

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #26 on: 12:11 PM - 03/03/14 »
i had a lot of fun in Borderlands. Destiny is grabbing the "RPG elements in a FPS" and "drop in drop out co-op", evolving them a bit into more MMO-ish and letting Bungie do what they do best.. i hope it will be ok and i hope i have a lot of fun with it.. i'll believe it when i see it though, no pre-orders from me.

I'm still playing Bordelands 2 with a friend that lives in Amsterdam... We have tons of fun. If Destiny is has good has that, with a good end game platform then I'll be more than sold. :)

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #27 on: 12:18 PM - 03/03/14 »
oh i play BL2 with "Amsterdam friends" and love it too, we have a different name to call weed but sure BL2 is the right game to play high and laugh to death.. (that's the joke!)

in all seriousness though i hope destiny is more engaging than borderlands, harder, more tactical.. with more purpose than Warframe and no grindfests or "spam mouse1 to win" dungeons...
soon..

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:19 PM - 03/03/14 »

I assure you, this will be a game that lives up to the hype ;) Bungie began initial development way back on 07, and began making real progress in 2010. They had the option to split up the team and work on a few different projects at once, in case some of them failed, but they decided to dedicate the entire company on one game. Bungie is covering every angle with Destiny. They know this is a one shot, are are working tirelessly to bring a remarkable game to the masses. I urge you to go look up some of the recent Destiny news, because I promise it will only excite you. Of course nothing wrong with waiting till September for one massive surprise  8)

I sincerely hope you're right. I'm not trying to be  Major Buzzkill, but I've heard that song before. It was called Star Wars: The Old Republic, and I was also making the same claims before the game came out. But then it did...

Gaming companies are more interessested in making money than decent games (Battefield 4 and so on are perfect examples). They create the hype, make a lot of pre order promises, create a TV series to go along with the game (Defiance and Halo soon I believe) and the bottom line are broken games like ToR, Defiance or BF4.

Don't make claims for your own sake. Not because you'll be called out or something, but ultimately because you'll feel betrayed by the company. I know I did...

You're absolutely right. A part of me is worried I'm making ignorant statements that I'll regret at a later time, but honestly, those concerns are continuously shrinking. Trust me when I say I have exhausted the web for every shred of Destiny news and tidbit of info. I am familiar with the ballooned hype of many games, and it absolutely sucks when it happens ;( but Bungie isn't your typical game company. Yes, their top priority is profit, but building a lasting gaming community who truly enjoys their creation is not far behind.  The Bungie team cares about this title more than anything they have worked on ever before. It's kinda like their baby. To me, there is too much evidence at this point to expect Destiny will be nothing short of an amazing, innovative game. There is of course that small part of me saying not to get overly excited for the very reasons you stated.. cause as we all know, low expectations are the key to happiness ;)
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:40 PM - 03/03/14 »
i'll believe it when i see it though, no pre-orders from me.

Gotta get on that early PS4 beta!

in all seriousness though i hope destiny is more engaging than borderlands, harder, more tactical.. with more purpose than Warframe and no grindfests or "spam mouse1 to win" dungeons...

I think that is a big yes, yes, yes, yes and yes   ::)

All I know for sure is the Bungie team has specifically stated they want everything you do in the game to be meaningful. They hate long grind sessions just as much as you and I, and feel it ruins games. They are making it a point to keep that out of the game. In regards to being harder and more tactical, there will be an insane amount of weapon and gear customization and combinations. The developers themselves stated they don't even fully yet know all the weapon balancing. It's something that will always be changing. If any combinations prove to be overly powerful, and everyone starts getting annoyed from being beat by the same gear, it will be adjusted. I also hear there are some really tough raids, and other activities that are aimed at veteran players. The range of difficulty will include the whole spectrum

I'm at work and on a tablet x_x my messages are coming slow today
« Last Edit: 12:46 PM - 03/03/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Admin