XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?  (Read 429124 times)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
Who's excited for Destiny on XIM4?
« on: 05:08 PM - 03/02/14 »
Hey guys!

Are there any XIM members as excited as me for the Destiny beta arriving in a couple months? If the latest news and speculation holds true, the PlayStation community could get it in as little as 8 weeks! (May) With Xbox access coming a month later. I plan to be rocking it on the PS4 with XIM4 ;D (Pleaaase let XIM4 be ready -prays-) I haven't been this worked up about any game EVER.

For anyone unfamiliar with Bungie's new game, Destiny is essentially a MASSIVE multiplayer online FPSRPG taking place some time in our far future, after the collapse of humanities golden age. This was a time when civilization flourished throughout the solar-system, utilizing the knowledge and technological ability of the Traveler, a mysterious entity/being which upon its arrival, changed everything. (my speculation is the Traveler is some highly advanced, altruistic AI, practically a deity, that spreads it's wealth of knowledge and vast understanding with worthy races)  The Destiny universe will rival Skyrim in both it's sheer size, spanning across many of our planets and moons, and customization expertise, giving players near limitless choices with gear and weapons. Just to express the scope of this, there will be more weapons in Destiny than ALL Halo games combined squared, and then squared again! This is crazy considering every weapon has a vast upgrade tree, not to mention the effects of combining certain weapons and gear. The depth to this game, in practically every category, is going to be insane! Destiny is also very accommodating to how you like to play. Whether you enjoy powering through missions solo, prefer to play with friends, or are all about abilities competitive multiplayer, Destiny has it. Better yet, Destiny will span at least 10 years, possibly longer! It's not like the CoD franchise where each year you're practically forced to shell out another $60 for the new title, or face a dieing game, saturated with hackers.. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy CoD quite a bit. I play Ghosts every night, and before that, BO2 and MW3. But something I have always regretted, are all those maaany hours invested in each game.. They sorta become meaningless once the new titles drop. That's my life you're talking about. You just start all over again, and again. That's fine, since CoD is centered around profiting as much as possible (and has the power to since we race to pull out our credit cards every year :p), although personally I would prefer all my invested time show for a little longer than 12 months. Thankfully, Destiny will have no monthly subscription. You will pay for the initial game of course, and then for expansion packs every couple years, which sounds perfect to me! Destiny is on the path to becoming one HELL of a FPS, perfect for the gamer who enjoys continuously expanding their characters skills, weapons, vehicles, and other gear.

If you haven't read up on any Destiny news in a while, and want to learn EVERYTHING we know about Destiny to date, check this out.
Beware, this video is packed with 40 minutes of greatness -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQFmob-vsM

If you want to see some gameplay video, check this out -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIp7vZuYzoA

If you want to see a video on just about anything Destiny, check these channels out -

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoreConsole
https://www.youtube.com/user/DestinyUpdates

Also, for anyone who enjoys listening to podcasts, check out Guardian Radio -

http://theguardiansofdestiny.com/guardian-radio/

I can't wait to see how this game plays with XIM once the Destiny PS4 beta arrives! I'm keeping my fingers crossed XIM4 will be ready in 8 weeks! I wonder if there will be any advantages with simi-auto weapons ;)

Is anyone else out there as excited as me? I really have never felt such a desire to play a game before. I'm nearly sure once this drops, all other games will be shelved, except maybe CoD every now and then  ::)
« Last Edit: 05:40 AM - 07/31/14 by Od1n »
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for the Destiny BETA on XIM4?
« Reply #1 on: 05:33 PM - 03/02/14 »
Here are some images of Destiny for anyone who is unfamiliar with the game  :)

« Last Edit: 05:43 PM - 03/02/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Choo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:59 PM - 03/02/14 »
I cannot wait for Destiny.

I've been onboard since it was announced last February, and follow the vast community that has already grown.  I read the forums daily, view any youtube content created, and also absorb any news that Destiny or the press release.  The game has the chance to rock the FPS world to its core. 

As a side note.... one of the best gaming podcasts around is Guardian Radio (all about Destiny).

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:11 PM - 03/02/14 »
Destiny? Never heard of it.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #4 on: 06:24 PM - 03/02/14 »
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the Destiny Beta won't get a smart translator since it's a beta, that being the case, YMMV with regard to how good of a profile you can craft for XIM4 purposes.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Choo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:27 PM - 03/02/14 »
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the Destiny Beta won't get a smart translator since it's a beta, that being the case, YMMV with regard to how good of a profile you can craft for XIM4 purposes.

You're probably right.... but Destiny is considered the next biggest AAA title.  Activision is predicting it to set records for the highest gross sales new IP, and also become the next billion dollar IP in their portfolio.  So, I will hold out hope that a ST would be developed for the beta.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:48 PM - 03/02/14 »

How difficult is it to build STs? I really hope Obsiv will find the time to make one  :o

As Choo said, Destiny is on the path to become a multibillion dollar game. Many people don't yet realize just how huge this game is going to be. Bungie is really going to hit it huge with this one  ;)

I cannot wait for Destiny.

I've been onboard since it was announced last February, and follow the vast community that has already grown.  I read the forums daily, view any youtube content created, and also absorb any news that Destiny or the press release.  The game has the chance to rock the FPS world to its core. 

As a side note.... one of the best gaming podcasts around is Guardian Radio (all about Destiny).

Glad to know I'm not the only member going crazy over this game  ;D I'm familiar with Guardian Radio. They do an awesome podcast! Was listening to the latest one last night actually. I can't believe I didn't add that in the original post D: Wish we could go back and modify posts after a longer period

BTW, thank you to whoever removed my "reserved" post. I hadn't realized yet there was a countdown till posts get locked, and it looked bad too lol.
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:58 PM - 03/02/14 »
Is Destiny going to be a multi-platform release?

I am using my XIM Edge on PS4 via WD and would love to play this game once released.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:00 PM - 03/02/14 »
Building ST's is not trivial and since there have been games that alter their look mechanic between beta and retail we don't support betas.

There will be people testing various makeshift ST configurations during beta. You shouldn't have a problem finding a temporary solution until its properly supported.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:05 PM - 03/02/14 »
Is Destiny going to be a multi-platform release?

I am using my XIM Edge on PS4 via WD and would love to play this game once released.

Yup!  :D It will be on PS3 PS4 360 and Xbone

Building ST's is not trivial and since there have been games that alter their look mechanic between beta and retail we don't support betas.

There will be people testing various makeshift ST configurations during beta. You shouldn't have a problem finding a temporary solution until its properly supported.

That makes sense.

Just as long as we can aim straight for the beta  ;)
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:36 PM - 03/02/14 »
I was really looking forward to this game.
But i'm trying to ignore it's existence as i don't want to be let down! like most games let me down these days by not living up to the hype.

So i'm taking this stand currently:

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Xog

• MVP
  • Yarr! Hand over yer goods, or yer dead!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Gamertag: Pirate Bandito
« Reply #11 on: 09:07 PM - 03/02/14 »
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:57 PM - 03/02/14 »
I was really looking forward to this game.
But i'm trying to ignore it's existence as i don't want to be let down! like most games let me down these days by not living up to the hype.

So i'm taking this stand currently:

I assure you, this will be a game that lives up to the hype ;) Bungie began initial development way back on 07, and began making real progress in 2010. They had the option to split up the team and work on a few different projects at once, in case some of them failed, but they decided to dedicate the entire company on one game. Bungie is covering every angle with Destiny. They know this is a one shot, are are working tirelessly to bring a remarkable game to the masses. I urge you to go look up some of the recent Destiny news, because I promise it will only excite you. Of course nothing wrong with waiting till September for one massive surprise  8)
« Last Edit: 10:03 PM - 03/02/14 by Vale »
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:06 PM - 03/02/14 »
Wow lol, I really wish it was possible to edit older posts. There are some grammer issues killing my on my first post  :o
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:08 PM - 03/02/14 »
i can edit it for you, just send me your new version and ill edit your first post :)

btw destiny and the division are the games im looking forward to the most :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum