XIM Community

I got KB+M working on PS4  (Read 14880 times)

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
I got KB+M working on PS4
« Reply #45 on: 12:47 PM - 03/02/14 »
Od1n, you're the sony golden boy - do what is needed to be done!
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I got KB+M working on PS4
« Reply #46 on: 12:52 PM - 03/02/14 »
Od1n, you're the sony golden boy - do what is needed to be done!

It would be cool if there was a way to tag members in here so they know a post was intended for them. Od1n will read this Im sure

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I got KB+M working on PS4
« Reply #47 on: 01:06 PM - 03/02/14 »
Only thing Od1n has to do with Sony is still owning a Sony sportsman Walkman. That yellow waterproof one.
Crusade atm: none

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01:38 PM - 03/02/14 »
DS4 wired support on XIm4 is my wet dream whilst being awake.
Be humble

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02:28 PM - 03/02/14 »
I'd sign a petition, e-mail, or participate in whatever way I need to but someone probably needs to write a carefully worded letter to pass to Sony making sure not to paint Xim as a cheating device and hurt the cause.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #50 on: 04:01 PM - 03/02/14 »
They already have licensed kbam....not viewed that way at all.

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline frank26080115

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04:24 PM - 03/02/14 »
For the first time ever, I played BF4 online. 3 matches, didn't finish any of them because I get disconnected (so the complaints about the game being broken is true... @#$% EA). Other than that, aiming is great, typically if I spot somebody I can quickly take them down but I am not familiar with the maps so I have no idea where to anticipate the enemy yet.

Also I forgot to mention, my microcontroller isn't exactly keeping up with the data rate, so it's losing some packets when the buffer gets full. This means the audio data will not work. (I updated my website with this info)

But I went out and purchased the PS4 gold wireless headset today so I can still chat.

My PSN name is Fuzzhao if anybody wants to squad up

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #52 on: 04:41 PM - 03/02/14 »
They already have licensed kbam....not viewed that way at all.

Yes, if anything, Sony is a company that would accept it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
« Reply #53 on: 05:25 PM - 03/02/14 »
awesome man... I've walked away from xbox cuz it sux.. and I've went with ps4 and I've just been playing with a controller... I'm ok with a controller but way better with mouse keyboard... there are way more ps4 players imo and I think the xim should put ps4 ahead of xbox for support for sure... xbox one has nothing to offer game wise compared to ps4... ps4 looks and plays way better... good job man
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
EPIC ID: xIInIFaMoUsx
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05:33 PM - 03/02/14 »
congratulations frank, great effort!
also very nice read on the history of this project

@ obsiv

did you try to call sony usa (SCEA)?
i can see emails not being that effective, maybe your adress was regarded as spam and wasnt read at all
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rambo_Grandad
« Reply #55 on: 05:43 PM - 03/02/14 »
If you can get a Sony licensing contract agreed, drafted in a way that guarantees Treyarch can't block the XIM, that might well be the way to go...

I just had a quick look at the legal position and XIM use at the moment breaches Sony's online terms of service. We're relying on not being caught.

See http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service/

You agree that you will not use any unauthorized hardware, including peripherals not sold, licensed or certified by a Sony company such as non-licensed game enhancement devices, controllers, adaptors and power supply devices (collectively, "Non-Licensed Peripherals") or unauthorized software to access or use SEN First Party Services or any content or service provided on or through SEN First Party Services.

As discussed previously, there is no way that saying 'we use a passthrough solution' would be a defense against this. The XIM is currently a 'non-licensed peripheral'; the fact that it needs a licensed peripheral to work doesn't change the position. It might reduce the likelihood of Sony patching it but that isn't the same thing.

There is a double breach of the terms of service by OBsIV and the rest of the team (playing using non-licensed peripherals, and distributing non-licensed peripherals):

◦You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with SEN, or take or use any data from SEN to design, develop or update such unauthorized software or hardware.

The potential consequences of XIM use, IF caught (which you wouldn't be) and IF Sony decided to do something about it (which they probably wouldn't), are set out in the terms of service.

I'm assuming that the terms of service are fully enforceable under US law.
Mouse: R.A.T. 9/ C4 Ngen mousepad
Keyboard: Logitech G13 (modded thumbstick)
Monitor: Eizo FS2333
Sound: You don't want to know

Offline SilentDecay

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SilentDecay
« Reply #56 on: 06:07 PM - 03/02/14 »
I called sony about this and the guy stated to me it's not cheating because you're not altering the game or the system. That's what they care about. A XIM makes me better because I have better aim. I still can't believe in BF3, BF4 I had a 2-3 KDR with a controller. Blackops I had a 2.77 KDR with a controller and I consider myself not a very good controller player. When I was given the mouse and keyboard, I still getting MOAB's like crazy. It wasn't abnormal for me to go 91-15 on Metro in Battlefield 3. I knew where to position myself, how the flow of the battle was going. Because you own a XIM doesn't guarantee you an edge over the competition.

Your brain has to do the work too. I've met some BEAST on MW3 with just a controller. heck, 3 of the guys I played with were better than me. My friend DutchDrummer had a 3-4 KD/R with just a controller.  It's how you play the game and SONY knows that. The Mouse and Keyboard is more comfortable for me and you still have limitations and will hit deadzones if you go to fast. It's not as if you're going on the PC and turning your sens to 20 and it literally feels you're at 20 sens.

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rambo_Grandad
« Reply #57 on: 06:29 PM - 03/02/14 »
Whether it's cheating or not, it's very clearly a breach of the terms of service. Up to Sony what (if anything) to do about it.
Mouse: R.A.T. 9/ C4 Ngen mousepad
Keyboard: Logitech G13 (modded thumbstick)
Monitor: Eizo FS2333
Sound: You don't want to know

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #58 on: 11:35 PM - 03/02/14 »
Whether it's cheating or not, it's very clearly a breach of the terms of service. Up to Sony what (if anything) to do about it.

IF Sony ever did anything so stupid as to give the XIM team trouble there would be an ARMY of disabled people like myself so far up their collective @#$% they wouldn't know what an @#$% is meant for anymore.

For people like me this device isn't about shitting on console players with what is widely regarded as a better control method, it's about comfort and being able to play at all in some cases.  While many of you can claim the comfort factor as a reason to use K/M on a console not many in this community have a legitimate disability, however, that being said the disabled community is HUGE and I would do everything I could to rally said community into a blinding rage focused towards Sony for affecting our ability to enjoy gaming at the level a "Normal" person can.

You have no idea how pissed I would be, no @#$% idea. 

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #59 on: 12:21 AM - 03/03/14 »
Been AFK all day.

@ frank26080115. Great work! Always nice to see hard work see a pay off.

@OBsIV. Sounds like a longshot, but try your 'industry' connections to try to contact Sony 'grease the wheels'. I recall you mentioned you know the guy who heads Twitch. Yoshida ('@yosp') seemed to be responsive to the public. Ask your connections to help you connect with Yoshida to attack from the 'top-down' approach.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Admin