XIM Community

I got KB+M working on PS4  (Read 14879 times)

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I got KB+M working on PS4
« Reply #30 on: 09:02 AM - 03/02/14 »
Yeah its wireless and thats what puzzles me the most because from the video i see absolutely zero lag

It is not going to be perceivable to the naked eye, I'm sure it's quite minute.

I did not expect to see any noticeable lag there.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 09:12 AM - 03/02/14 »
Its wireless like Matlo is doing. Frank is a great engineer -- I realized that pretty quickly after he contacted me the first time.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:30 AM - 03/02/14 »
OBsIV....  I may not be understanding the process completely but Does the fact that these solutions spoof a ds4 address have any legal ramification? The difference between freeware and a business is that you actually make money off of this stuff which always means lawsuit.
Have you ever been contacted by Sony asking to stop selling the xim?

Offline enormousstormtrooper

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TrooperUK421
« Reply #33 on: 10:44 AM - 03/02/14 »
I think the whole issue with it taking so long is because OBsiV doesnt want to spoof the DS4

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #34 on: 10:45 AM - 03/02/14 »
That's a good question and something we are considering very carefully. There are actually multiple solutions and we are going to fully understand the customer ramifications before releasing our PS4 support. Having Hori connected at all times is the safest solution but least desirable. Tuact is claiming a wired solution that doesn't need a controller connected at all. That's honestly dangerous from a legal standpoint. It either means they are storing USB identifiers that aren't theirs, they cracked Sonys encryption, or they found a method of USB com that works but doesn't match any of the observed com of existing licensed devices. In all cases there is a real risk of Sony blocking their device and leaving their customers with a broken solution they paid a lot money for. We want to avoid this scenario at all costs obviously.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:51 AM - 03/02/14 »
Does anyone know if they have ever blocked any other K&M device? If there's no other choice I'd still get the Hori  but without a trackpad and headset support I'd rather avoid it.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #36 on: 11:03 AM - 03/02/14 »
There was a case with SplitFish where a Sony update broke them, but they were able to fix it. There isn't any guarantee that Sony or Microsoft won't implement something in the future. Or possibly ban users.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11:13 AM - 03/02/14 »
So what if you throw your own basic controller together and licence it with Sony? May sound weird but its an undiscussed option. You know we dont expect much from a controller :D
Crusade atm: none

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #38 on: 11:21 AM - 03/02/14 »
So what if you throw your own basic controller together and licence it with Sony? May sound weird but its an undiscussed option. You know we dont expect much from a controller :D

Get me someone to talk to at Sony -- I've already gone through their official licensing channel 3 times and every time no response.

Offline frank26080115

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:59 AM - 03/02/14 »
Congratulations being the first one to do KBAM on PS4 over wire.

Also congratulation doing this without the Hori pad that the best in business could not do.

Actually, you may have misunderstood what I did. Everything is wireless, no wire except for the pairing step.

I am quite sure Obsiv would not be happy about that. You should talk to him directly the sooner the better. You could harm XIM here and we all don't want that.

I was only saying that from a technical standpoint, and it would only work if the firmware was released without encryption. I don't see how I could harm XIM and also I think selling something that used XIM firmware without permission is illegal.

What I'm really wondering is what kind of translation did you use for the mouse movements because they look really smooth

I took a video of BF4's minimap spinning at different speeds, plot that speed vs stick curve, flip the curve to generate a look-up-table.

But does anyone know since he posted the vulnerability, is this something Sony can patch in time? Assuming they monitor m/kb gaming peripherals and/or they care ...will this even appear on their radar?

Impractical, it would require a firmware update to a DualShock, which might be possible but think about all the things that could go wrong. I doubt Sony would bother taking that risk.

Unless sony is retarded enoigh to patch and make the ds4 useless

Exactly

Or if they have a firmware upgradable controller like xbox they could change the way it works

I think Microsoft is crazy

Thank you everybody

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12:04 PM - 03/02/14 »
Is it possible to get the community organized to pester Sony for a Xim license?

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
I got KB+M working on PS4
« Reply #41 on: 12:19 PM - 03/02/14 »
Ximmers, unite!!
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12:32 PM - 03/02/14 »
Wow Frank, i am very impressed, if you and Obsiv teamed up and worked together im sure you guys would make magic with XIM.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #43 on: 12:39 PM - 03/02/14 »
Is it possible to get the community organized to pester Sony for a Xim license?

No need for pestering -- just help navigating the corporate maze that is Sony given that their official channels lead to dead ends.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I got KB+M working on PS4
« Reply #44 on: 12:42 PM - 03/02/14 »
Ximmers, unite!!
I'm with you let's do it!

Admin