XIM Community

ObsIV - still on track for a new build today?  (Read 12853 times)

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
ObsIV - still on track for a new build today?
« on: 08:23 AM - 02/28/14 »
Just curious. It's been 3 weeks since the last build, and we are all anxious to help squash more bugs. Keep us posted!

Edit: The other ETA thread got seriously derailed, so let's try to keep this one on topic. Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: ObsIV - still on track for a new build today?
« Reply #1 on: 09:48 AM - 02/28/14 »
Sorry, not today. We stopped on the next update in favor of PS4.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline jhaps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:54 AM - 02/28/14 »
Thanks, for the update ...

Offline Arqos

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arq0s
« Reply #3 on: 09:55 AM - 02/28/14 »

??

PS4 has more priority than getting audio working on Xim4E ?   Did i understand that correctly ?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 09:57 AM - 02/28/14 »
Well, yes -- you don't feel it should get priority?

Offline trfnj74

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: stinkfists74
« Reply #5 on: 10:05 AM - 02/28/14 »
I'm not trying to sound rude here... But I think the audio should be a priority. I think most of us have been waiting since the 14th for the Xim4e to process chat communications. It's been pushed out several times. For me when I heard that the Edge would work for the One I went and purchased the One. I really haven't been able to play with friends as the party chat sucks on the One. You have said a bunch of times the that getting xim4e to work correctly is priority over the PS4. I'm very grateful for the work you have done!!!

Offline Joker76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:07 AM - 02/28/14 »
But I think the audio should be a priority. I think most of us have been waiting since the 14th for the Xim4e to process chat communications. It's been pushed out several times.

I'm a little frustrated as well, but keep in mind the PS4 folks have been waiting much longer for KB/M support at all. At least we have some functionality.

I'd just like to ask for ObsIV, if possible, for a reasonable date when the next build might be. If it's 4 weeks from now, that's fine I just feel like it keeps getting pushed back a week at a time (for 3 weeks now) and getting everyone's hopes up.

Or release audio passthrough with the existing bugs. Who knows, we might even be able to help you isolate the problem and fix it sooner.

We know you're working hard and we all thank you.
« Last Edit: 10:11 AM - 02/28/14 by Joker76 »

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #7 on: 10:08 AM - 02/28/14 »

??

PS4 has more priority than getting audio working on Xim4E ?   Did i understand that correctly ?

as much as i understand your questioning, arq0s - we still have the ability to communicate (through the kinect).

i'd much rather see ps4 up and running over chat (as a priority)  and that's coming from someone who doesn't have and doesn't plan on getting one anytime soon.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 10:12 AM - 02/28/14 »
Yes, there is a workaround for audio for X1 right now -- even if its not ideal or preferred, there is still a workaround. The community will need to wait for us to take this time on PS4. Remember this is a free open beta.

Offline JDrew

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CopsGotUrDope
  • PSN ID: PoPoGotYourDope
« Reply #9 on: 10:13 AM - 02/28/14 »
While my opinion doesn't matter at all, here's my unsolicited thought.

I would like to see one platform working at or near completion before diverting efforts onto another platform.

While I understand that there are more PS4s out there than XB1s, the XB1 is further along in development at this point. This is assuming the Xim4 hardware is nailed down and it's all firmware etc at this point.

The biggest desire is to be able to chat and if that could be solved, I think more people would be less disgruntled. Everyone that is currently testing spent extra money to be able to assist and maybe getting the Xim4 working as envisioned on the XB1 should be a higher priority. Sure, they're able to use a kb/m as it sits, everyone is and has been under the impression that XB1 would be completed prior to taking on another challenge.

I've never been a developer or even a business owner, it's just my thoughts as a consumer and I truly hope I didn't offend anyone.
Logitech G500S | Razer Lycosa | Samsung P2770

Offline NyCShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:13 AM - 02/28/14 »
Thanks for the update OBsIV, appreciate all the work you and the team do.

Offline Joker76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:15 AM - 02/28/14 »
Remember this is a free open beta.

It's not really free when we all had to buy additional hardware to help you test it. Again, I understand why Ps4 functionality would take priority but maybe you can at least release what you have so far, and allow the testers to help with the audio bugs?

I'd also like to point out that Kinect chat only works if you're in a party. So those people who might be playing solo have no option to utilize game chat.
« Last Edit: 10:20 AM - 02/28/14 by Joker76 »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:20 AM - 02/28/14 »

finally :)

i regard the compatibility of a whole console on a much higher priority than some minor chat issues with the xbox one that you can path around by using a second controller to party chat with
(see tutorial in the xim4 beta sub section)
besides that the kinect 2.0 is a fairly good alternative too
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #13 on: 10:22 AM - 02/28/14 »
I think where most frustration is going to come from is we were led to believe it was very close. It's team xim's call on what gets priority tho. I'd rather have them be open with us on things like this than hush, hush and not know what's going on. Thanks for that!

Is confidence high that this problem will get resolved by launch of xim4?
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Joker76

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:28 AM - 02/28/14 »
finally :)

i regard the compatibility of a whole console on a much higher priority than some minor chat issues with the xbox one that you can path around by using a second controller to party chat with
(see tutorial in the xim4 beta sub section)
besides that the kinect 2.0 is a fairly good alternative too

Not everyone has a 2nd controller, and not everyone games exclusively in parties (which is required for Kinect chat). So the workaround is not effective for everyone.

I think where most frustration is going to come from is we were led to believe it was very close. It's team xim's call on what gets priority tho. I'd rather have them be open with us on things like this than hush, hush and not know what's going on. Thanks for that!

Is confidence high that this problem will get resolved by launch of xim4?

This is where I think we need some clarification. We were led to believe that audio passthrough was close for the past 3 weeks, only to be told now that focus is shifting away to another issue. Without trying to go on a roads-esque crusade, I understand why focus is shifting to PS4 but that doesn't mean we're happy about it. With only 31 days left until the end of Q1 I think the community is wondering if the XIM4 is still on schedule to launch by the end of the quarter?

If there is anything we can do as testers to help get audio working on XBone, please let us know. We are here to be your guinea pigs, even if things are buggy.
« Last Edit: 10:36 AM - 02/28/14 by Joker76 »

Admin