XIM Community

Online editor and viewer for ballistics curves  (Read 49467 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Online editor and viewer for ballistics curves
« Reply #45 on: 11:58 PM - 03/04/14 »
abc123 that is exactly it. would be perfect.
soon..

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02:09 PM - 03/05/14 »
should also have a "library" of curves.

suggestion: create a log in: need help ask me!
per user: gets to save and edit old curves....  and this would also be helpful lets say if I wanted to grab teh latest "roads COD Ghosts" curve.. that he just created.

or how about a share button? to email it to yourself or others? - need help just ask.

I could store a personal library using cookies, but then you might lose it if your cookies get deleted.  There is currently a function for 'sharing' your curve by creating a forum post, complete with pictures and a link for loading (the pictures are automatically uploaded to imgur for hosting).  If there were a cookie-library of curves, then that could be expanded to share whole libraries with a single link.

What do you guys think, would this be desirable?

I would prefer not to have to start hosting my own db, and having people yelling at me when I have downtime or lose data...
« Last Edit: 02:16 PM - 03/05/14 by MuKen »

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #47 on: 02:31 PM - 03/05/14 »
much like how you upload stuff automatically to imgur, why not upload the personal libraries and curves to a cloud service, say gdrive, or wtvr? files should be small enough that 5GB or something will last a while. if that is not enough we can use as many cloud accounts as needed and manage the files from there as if local...

should be possible.. i might be drunk too
soon..

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02:50 PM - 03/05/14 »
much like how you upload stuff automatically to imgur, why not upload the personal libraries and curves to a cloud service, say gdrive, or wtvr? files should be small enough that 5GB or something will last a while. if that is not enough we can use as many cloud accounts as needed and manage the files from there as if local...

should be possible.. i might be drunk too

The imgur hosting is so that you can create an image link to display on the forum.  If it's just about sharing a library, it's a little heavyweight to be uploading files somewhere, a person's library of curves should reasonably fit into a cut and paste string.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #49 on: 03:41 PM - 03/05/14 »
Version 2.0 of the "push through the aim assist" curves from the Edge days.  The ramp up is smoother, and the ADS curve is a tad faster.

Thanks MuKen and good work, your tool is very well done.

Hip:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:00101E2C3A46525E68727C86909AA4AEB8C2C8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

(Click to load the curve)

ADS:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:000E1C2836424E5A646E78828C96A0AAB4BEC8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

(Click to load the curve)

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #50 on: 08:23 PM - 03/05/14 »
The imgur hosting is so that you can create an image link to display on the forum.  If it's just about sharing a library, it's a little heavyweight to be uploading files somewhere, a person's library of curves should reasonably fit into a cut and paste string.

if you want to do more than cookies, i'd be happy to just host this for you.  I host on EC2 and would do it for free.  We'll host the code on GitHub and it would auto update the site.

I honestly would hope that this gets built into the XIM App, or an API for sending items to the XIM App.  We'd need to implement a stackexchange type interface.  Wouldn't take more than 2 weeks to implement this type of library, then we could provide a OAuth Service to the XIM team for pulling these curves...perhaps that'd be better for them.

Let me know if you want to get into this Muken, i'd be happy to help.  Since we'd be using GitHub anyone would be able to help and you can decide on contributors.

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01:23 AM - 03/06/14 »
Sure, sounds like a good project.  I think I'd prefer to avoid having an open repository with lots of collaborators at this point, unless we plan on a lot more features later on.  Maybe just the two of us for now with a separation of code through api; I'd rather avoid having to read through others' code updates and make sure my own are readable for the time being.

If you want to create a xim code and generation code database separated by author and provide an api for me to update the app to store and retrieve, I think that would be the easiest way to go forward.  How does that sound?

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12:42 PM - 03/07/14 »
Sure, sounds like a good project.  I think I'd prefer to avoid having an open repository with lots of collaborators at this point, unless we plan on a lot more features later on.  Maybe just the two of us for now with a separation of code through api; I'd rather avoid having to read through others' code updates and make sure my own are readable for the time being.

If you want to create a xim code and generation code database separated by author and provide an api for me to update the app to store and retrieve, I think that would be the easiest way to go forward.  How does that sound?

the work has begun :) since your front end doesn't have ssl i'll likely require you to use OpenIDProvider for Login.  I can help with that part of the frontend and the OAuth implementation after that all you are doing is having them login, make curves like normal save them to the API.  I'll give you all the API documentation so you'll know the other things you could implement (List all Users Configs), list all configs (paged), add a config (for current user), edit config (for current user), delete config (for current user), upvote config (current users vote to any config other than own), comment on config (current user comments for any config), and maybe more.

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06:10 PM - 03/07/14 »
Awesome :)

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11:30 PM - 03/09/14 »
Current Progress:
* OAuth2 is implemented
* User database schema is finished
* OAuth2 database schema is finished

Items to complete:
* API for Muken's ballistic curves
* Add Muken's as a client and give you the client code
* implement API's completely
* Be happy

:)

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06:59 PM - 03/10/14 »
Nice!

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11:35 PM - 03/11/14 »
Nice!

Okay, the OAuth and login is completed.  You can also using OAuth connect to my API (still in progress).  Want me to give you some sample clients?  I'll write it in javascript, since you are a unique client on my side I can make it so users have to authorize permission for you to use their account. 

Also, after you login on my site using your client you will automatically be redirected to your site with the Oauth2 values.  Let me know if there is anything you'd like from me to help this process.

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05:28 PM - 03/12/14 »
Cool, thanks abc123.  Sure, some example clients would be the best thing.  I should be able to do some coding for this on friday.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06:32 AM - 03/15/14 »
So every ballistic curve is now stored in the api and can be pulled via a simple API call.

Example Site: http://xim.schucreations.com
API Documentation: http://xim.schucreations.com/api

Feature List:
* Add Login Support - Completed
* Auto-Documentation - Completed
* Add POST for configurations - Completed
* Add Favorite - Completed
* Add Register Support - Completed
* Add Voting - In Progress

Please give feedback or more APIs you'd like, the next thing i'm going to focus on is user specific API parts.  For example, favoriting a config (for easy listing), upvoting a config.
« Last Edit: 03:57 PM - 03/18/14 by abc123 »

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04:01 PM - 03/18/14 »
The site is coming along great:

Site: http://xim.schucreations.com
This site has Home, API Documentation, Login, Register Account

I'll be writing a demo application that does the following:
* Lists all configurations
* Allows voting
* Allows favoriting
* Show your configurations
* Show your favorited configurations
+ With Muken I'd like to add the app to create curves and then save them, but this doesn't have to be on this site and can be hosted anywhere because of the API.
+ With XIM Team I'd like to allow users to save their configurations, share configurations, and download configurations directly to XIM Manager app
« Last Edit: 11:03 PM - 03/22/14 by abc123 »