XIM Community

Online editor and viewer for ballistics curves  (Read 54708 times)

Offline Doom Wad

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Doom Wad
Re: Online editor and viewer for ballistics curves
« Reply #60 on: 05:56 PM - 03/24/14 »
I was wondering if someone could break down ballistic curves for me. In what situation would I need this, and how would it actually affect my gameplay (what differences will I notice in the game)? Is this something that compensates for the "feel" of the mouse movement so that it more accurately reflects a PC first person shooter? I did read the original post, and it sounds like it was written for people that are already familiar with ballistics curves.

</n00b>

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #61 on: 08:57 AM - 03/25/14 »
I was wondering if someone could break down ballistic curves for me. In what situation would I need this, and how would it actually affect my gameplay (what differences will I notice in the game)? Is this something that compensates for the "feel" of the mouse movement so that it more accurately reflects a PC first person shooter? I did read the original post, and it sounds like it was written for people that are already familiar with ballistics curves.

</n00b>

If you are familiar with PC gaming then this should be easy.

Ballistic curves are nothing more than mouse acceleration.  Just like windows default has a mouse acceleration (the speed your mouse moves increases the speed by which the mouse travels.  This is not 1-to-1 which is what some people love, and can be enabled in windows as well.  So it just depends on your goals but for doing 180s or 360s normally you'll want to use a ballistic curve so you can go from slow movements being precise to faster movements being faster and thereby larger. 

For me I love mouse acceleration because you can make it match what feels natural to you.

Offline Doom Wad

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Doom Wad
« Reply #62 on: 04:58 PM - 03/25/14 »
If you are familiar with PC gaming then this should be easy.

Ballistic curves are nothing more than mouse acceleration.  Just like windows default has a mouse acceleration (the speed your mouse moves increases the speed by which the mouse travels.  This is not 1-to-1 which is what some people love, and can be enabled in windows as well.  So it just depends on your goals but for doing 180s or 360s normally you'll want to use a ballistic curve so you can go from slow movements being precise to faster movements being faster and thereby larger. 

For me I love mouse acceleration because you can make it match what feels natural to you.

Excellent, that was a great answer. Much less confusing than it sounds.

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05:48 PM - 04/04/14 »
Apologies all for the lack of updates recently, work's gotten a little crazy but I will be continuing on this soon.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #64 on: 08:20 AM - 05/02/14 »
Apologies all for the lack of updates recently, work's gotten a little crazy but I will be continuing on this soon.

let me know when you want to do some work on this, i'm redoing the API in ruby now :)

Offline Panama

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PANAMA BKNY
  • PSN ID: LINDEN_BLVD
« Reply #65 on: 04:22 AM - 05/18/14 »
Is there a ballistic curve that takes advantage of aim assist on BF4 PS4 for the xim4e? It seems like I'm fighting it when I use it, I tend to overreact and break lock. It may be due to high dpi (5700) but I only use 15 sens ads. I tried turning it off but, but you are clearly out classed by auto aiming analog sticks. Any assistance on the matter would be highly appreciated.  I know there is a thread in the library , but I believe its for COD. I'm using a G500 as well.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 10:58 PM - 05/18/14 »
That is why I always ask the XIM team to make us a ballistic curve that has the natural game like acceleration. That would be most accepted by the game mechanic around the hitbox. They don't seem to be interested. Maybe its because they don't want to reveal it. I would be OK with the curve not shown in the ballistics greyed out. At least I would like to try such ballistics.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Sh1nob1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 04:09 PM - 09/17/14 »
nooooo Getting Error 403 on the page  :'(  for the ballistic editor.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B8EFYcEZMa4deTNOUjM2OTlKTVU/xim4ballisticscurvetool.html
()xxxxxxxxx||::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
        Eat, Sleep ,Assasinate

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 11:32 PM - 11/24/14 »
Would this ballistic curve help on Halo MCC? I believe it would due to the slower turn speed and the acceleration would be helpful for quicker 180 turns?
« Last Edit: 12:01 PM - 11/25/14 by V3n0m15 »
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08:19 AM - 07/01/15 »
How do i add these curves? It looks confusing.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #70 on: 03:54 PM - 09/03/16 »
Version 2.0 of the "push through the aim assist" curves from the Edge days.  The ramp up is smoother, and the ADS curve is a tad faster.

Thanks MuKen and good work, your tool is very well done.

Hip:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:00101E2C3A46525E68727C86909AA4AEB8C2C8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

(Click to load the curve)

ADS:
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:000E1C2836424E5A646E78828C96A0AAB4BEC8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

Digging this one up from the grave. I have just got back into Destiny and the turn speed is already killing me. It's the reason quit in the first place..  Is this curve by tuffrabit still a favorite? I'm selecting and copying the code, but nothing happens when I download it to the XIM. Must be doing something wrong

I also remember a custom super quick sprinting-turn mod. But I can't find that one. Anyone remember how to do that?
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 06:52 PM - 09/03/16 »
Version 2.0 of the "push through the aim assist" curves from the Edge days.  The ramp up is smoother, and the ADS curve is a tad faster.

Thanks MuKen and good work, your tool is very well done.

Hip:
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:00101E2C3A46525E68727C86909AA4AEB8C2C8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

ADS:
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:000E1C2836424E5A646E78828C96A0AAB4BEC8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

Digging this one up from the grave. I have just got back into Destiny and the turn speed is already killing me. It's the reason quit in the first place..  Is this curve by tuffrabit still a favorite? I'm selecting and copying the code, but nothing happens when I download it to the XIM. Must be doing something wrong

I also remember a custom super quick sprinting-turn mod. But I can't find that one. Anyone remember how to do that?

If you are using a newer firmware, they have changed the codes for the curve so you have to convert it. Here is the converter if you want to convert those old Tuffrabit curves to the new version:

http://xim.schucreations.com/ConvertCurve.php

Just copy and paste them into the box and hit Submit and the new code it gives you should work in XIM manager now.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Holdmyjoint

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: OneManSqd
  • PSN ID: Floridasbadseed