XIM Community

Online editor and viewer for ballistics curves  (Read 54707 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Online editor and viewer for ballistics curves
« Reply #15 on: 11:09 PM - 02/27/14 »
Make the graph bigger so mouse clicks are more exact. I can not edit the first point after 0.
Crusade atm: none

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:11 PM - 02/27/14 »
Yes that one is visible. I was speaking of a dropdown with your premade curves, a small library to start from if you want. But first of all visual editing the curve is not possible right now.

Ah ok I see what you're saying.  I'll add that to the todo list.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:12 PM - 02/27/14 »
OK was able to draw this quite fast. How do I get it into the android APP the easiest way?

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:17 PM - 02/27/14 »
Tried move again and it works better now. Did you do something? Problem is only there are sometimes more than one point moved straighting out the line. I would remove everything except move.

The problem is without insert, there is nothing to move.  Insert is what creates the turn points in the first place so you can move them around.

How much bigger do you think it should be?  Btw, you can create images without screenshotting, there's a button on the lower left that creates a forum post with an image of the curve you created.

The easiest way to get it into the android app is to just paste the ballistics code

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:43 PM - 02/27/14 »
Screenshot right, that a nice feature.
The insert problem. Then put a writing on the chart that it is inactive and if you choose "move" send a brief "insert" and then set "move".

Offline thebside

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ma1arky
« Reply #20 on: 12:06 AM - 02/28/14 »
I do like the idea of having a sort of library of pre-made curves that you can choose from the drop down.  The problem is I think that library would get big fast.  You would almost need 2 drop downs, one for the game, and the other for whose curve it is (if you are pulling them from the Ballistic Curve Library post).

Great work.

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:35 AM - 02/28/14 »
Screenshot right, that a nice feature.
The insert problem. Then put a writing on the chart that it is inactive and if you choose "move" send a brief "insert" and then set "move".

Then by default you'd only have one point to work with, whereas people might want more.  I've made a few changes though that might simplify things a bit

1) bigger chart, so easier to click where you want
2) the insert/move/delete/curve dropdown is now radio checkboxes, so you can change modes with one click
3) when in insert, if you try to insert on the same x-coordinate as an existing point, it will instead move that point (it used to ignore this, which is probably why it seemed unresponsive to you)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01:34 AM - 02/28/14 »
Oh yes comletely responsive now, size is nice to edit, very fast editing. This might even be superior to Bezier as it needs no leaning curve which besier does. Will try to edit on my Android phone. Nicely done Muken!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01:38 AM - 02/28/14 »
Muken open the site on your phone, the graph is put under the values. This is nice. Make the graph as wide as the values so it fills the whole browser width.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:48 AM - 02/28/14 »
No, unless you have a pointer that you move around where your finger is not on the pointer itself like Iteleport solves the problem elegantly its not good on the phone. You can not point exactly with your fingertip alone. If you zoom in you can but then you loose the overview where to put that point.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:26 AM - 02/28/14 »
here a video about a quick edit of that curve. I do that one as itís a bit more complicated to do.

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:35 AM - 02/28/14 »
I've added logarithmic and exponential curves to the visual edittor, these should be able to make steeper curves like what you are trying to do in the video without having to click through all the points, try it out and let me know what you think.  You should be able to make a curve like that one in just a few clicks now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4q3j1XBWaM

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:43 AM - 02/28/14 »
OK nice but I just thought that my curve is too steep meaning the acceleartion will be very strong in the middle part. But has nothing to do with your new feature of course.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03:49 AM - 02/28/14 »
Delete, dont get the command, make the curve unusable after a couple of clicks.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:51 AM - 02/28/14 »
Insert after a linear curve quite demolishes the curve. The part I dont click should not be moved?

Admin