XIM Community

I bought the XO Seven's yesterday  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Mnagy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xiznit
I bought the XO Seven's yesterday
« on: 10:26 AM - 03/10/14 »
I have to say I am actually really happy with them. I would actually recommend these to someone who is looking for a new headset.

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
Re: I bought the XO Seven's yesterday
« Reply #1 on: 10:44 AM - 03/10/14 »
I was looking at those but then I ended up buying a set of 2013 A50s off Ebay from a military guy headed for deployment.  He said he used them twice and packed them back up.  Got them for 150 with free shipping, sent him 200 just to show appreciation to our military.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:52 AM - 03/10/14 »
i was looking at the XO sevens compared to the XP sevens.

It seems to me without the amplifier/EQ the XPsevens had the XOsevens look diminished.

so on the XO sevens are there any EQs?

From what I have read the XP sevens with a chat adapter are the way to go....what do you think?
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:14 PM - 03/10/14 »
The XP Sevens look absurdly expensive. For that sort of money you could buy some proper audiophile headphones.

Or buy these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-DS6500-wireless-surround-headphones/dp/B004OXXE9I/ref=sr_1_2/279-2283259-2136965?ie=UTF8&qid=1394475101&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+mdr+ds7500.

They are (i) made by Sony so likely to have better sound quality than headphones by the gaming manufacturers (the head-fi crowd don't have any issues with the SQ), and (ii) virtualise a true 7.1 sound source, unlike any of the Turtle Beach of Astro products which all use a 5.1 source and upmix it to 7.1

No mic, though.

Offline izzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:32 PM - 03/10/14 »
I was looking at those but then I ended up buying a set of 2013 A50s off Ebay from a military guy headed for deployment.  He said he used them twice and packed them back up.  Got them for 150 with free shipping, sent him 200 just to show appreciation to our military.
The A50s are awesome. And for that price, you got a very good deal.
 Practically a steal...(even with the appreciation)

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:35 PM - 03/10/14 »
The A50s are awesome. And for that price, you got a very good deal.
 Practically a steal...(even with the appreciation)

I hate to say it buy I hate astros and will NEVER buy another pair!

Their support is atrocious, and they got dropped by MLG for good reason, they are overpriced garbage... IMO of course. a lot of people love them.

My first pair I got from craigslist... second and third and fourth pair I got from astro.  all broke days after getting them... not to mention they had firmware issues for over a reeking year.

also, they tout wireless chat, yet there is a freeking wire from your headset to your controller.. = piss poor.
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:51 PM - 03/10/14 »
I got the XO seven, before that i got the xbox one stereo headset, then the xo fours, I tested the polk 4 shot at best buy and they were out of the TITAN fall headset. took them all back kept the Sevens. They are ok connected to the controller but because MS doesn't support MIC monitoring i decided to use the mix amp with them. I was shocked, they sounded good, great base, sim 5.1 was good, mic monitoring was working...still i want to have a clean set up, so i want the mixamp out of the way :-\

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:03 PM - 03/10/14 »
Nobody fancies buying the Sony MDR-DS6500? I reckon they'd be noticeably better in soundwhoring terms than the A40s or the XP Sevens, and at a similar price point (lower than the XP Sevens, in fact).

I could of course be wrong. :) I have a receiver arriving this week which should reveal whether using a 7.1 source produces a big improvement.

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #8 on: 05:12 PM - 03/10/14 »
Nobody fancies buying the Sony MDR-DS6500? I reckon they'd be noticeably better in soundwhoring terms than the A40s or the XP Sevens, and at a similar price point (lower than the XP Sevens, in fact).

I could of course be wrong. :) I have a receiver arriving this week which should reveal whether using a 7.1 source produces a big improvement.

if I had the money atm I would get them :P
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline PS3_UK

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:52 PM - 03/10/14 »
Actually I messed it up LOL. You need the MDR-DS7500 to get virtual surround with a true 7.1 source. Unsurprisingly, they're a bit more expensive - true 7.1 surround doesn't come cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-DS7500-Wireless-Surround-Headphones/dp/B005LA53D8

The MDR-DS6500 is advertised as 7.1 but in fact it's doing the same thing all the Astro and Turtle Beach trash is doing, namely taking a 5.1 source and upmixing to 7.1. You can tell because it only has optical in - optical doesn't have enough bandwidth for 7.1.

So, although it's almost certainly right that the MDR-DS7500 will have better surround than the XP Seven, it's about $100 pricier (and doesn't have a mic). :(

Edit: In fact there is a replacement model, the MDR-HW700DS, which takes a 7.1 source and upmixes to 9.1.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-HW700DS-Wireless-Surround-Headphones/dp/B00FJISYZQ
« Last Edit: 06:03 PM - 03/10/14 by PS3_UK »

Admin