XIM Community

Xbox One chat Adapter  (Read 8301 times)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Xbox One chat Adapter
« on: 10:13 AM - 02/26/14 »
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177768355/xbox-one-chat-adapter-for-turtle-beach

I could of been using my headset the whole time...

I think at this point i'll just wait for the official one.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One chat Adapter
« Reply #1 on: 10:22 AM - 02/26/14 »
there were also several videos posted of self mods, which I did on day one...also, the officioal chat adapter comes out in 9 days

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/113825
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:25 AM - 02/26/14 »
Where have you been? People were doing that like a week after release. Official one is out already sorta so just get that one.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #3 on: 10:26 AM - 02/26/14 »
yup, i have roach doing mine currently - just sent him my headset and for a small fee - he fixes it up to look just like that...  on second thought... i wonder if that's his page (if he has a page).  i should be getting it back next week :D
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:27 AM - 02/26/14 »
Where have you been? People were doing that like a week after release. Official one is out already sorta so just get that one.

where is it "out already"? at?

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:30 AM - 02/26/14 »

I pre ordered mine from Microsoft on the 11th. It came out yesterday (on Microsoft's web store) and is out for delivery today. According to Microsoft it doesn't come out till the 7th so I don't know how they screwed that up on their own site.

Also just in case you didn't know if you get the adapter early but aren't on the early update preview beta you won't be able to use the adapter until the new update is realeased to the public.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:33 AM - 02/26/14 »

I pre ordered mine from Microsoft on the 11th. It came out yesterday (on Microsoft's web store) and is out for delivery today. According to Microsoft it doesn't come out till the 7th so I don't know how they screwed that up on their own site.

Also just in case you didn't know if you get the adapter early but aren't on the early update preview beta you won't be able to use the adapter until the new update is released to the public.

that is odd as the adapter does nothing my homemade one does.. and it works right now.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:43 AM - 02/26/14 »

Also just in case you didn't know if you get the adapter early but aren't on the early update preview beta you won't be able to use the adapter until the new update is released to the public.

that is odd as the adapter does nothing my homemade one does.. and it works right now.
You can stream game audio through the new adapter. Pretty sure the hacked one can't do that. I also have a hacked adapter.

Oh yeah and you can apparently plug a 4 pole y splitter into the controller and then a set of headphones and mic and be totally wireless just like the DS4.

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:16 PM - 02/26/14 »

You can stream game audio through the new adapter. Pretty sure the hacked one can't do that. I also have a hacked adapter.

Oh yeah and you can apparently plug a 4 pole y splitter into the controller and then a set of headphones and mic and be totally wireless just like the DS4.

Getting stereo through the adapter is a cool idea.  I wish I could have the adapter now! Although the audio-pass through isn't ready with the xim4e yet anyway.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:20 PM - 02/26/14 »
yup without audio passthrough it really doesn't benefit me to own one of these devices since I only play Xbox with XIM.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:24 PM - 02/26/14 »
Might as well get it since it is coming eventually. If Obsiv said its not possible then yeah I could see no point in getting it.

Offline ejh1919

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lizservo
« Reply #11 on: 07:20 AM - 02/27/14 »
That etsy page is mine.  Thank you all for checking it out.  I am wondering how many modifications I will be doing once the Official Microsoft adapter is released.  I too have heard that game audio will come through the Microsoft Adapter.  I don't know how that will work with the Xbox 360 headsets.  Anyhow I think that there are still reasons to buy my adapter, some of which are;

*We have all already given Microsoft enough money.  Lets spread the wealth to the little guy making a quality product.
*Why buy new headphones if you don't need too?
*My adapter works and people that have it love it (read my eBay reviews).
*What's cooler than an accessory with Paracord.
* I provide phenomenal customer service.
*My price is competitive with Microsoft

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:38 AM - 02/27/14 »
nice to meet you.  my question is how did you find this site and thread to post your own review?

I just think its awesome you were able to locate us here.

Offline ejh1919

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lizservo
« Reply #13 on: 08:01 AM - 02/27/14 »
This morning I checked my etsy "shop stats". The stats showed that several people came to my etsy shop from this website so I checked it out and found the post about the Xbox one chat adapter.  On my end it was sort of surreal to see someone I never met or corresponded with talk about something I was doing.

I encourage all of you to come over my etsy shop to support me while I provide you a great product.

Thank you.

EH

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xbox One chat Adapter
« Reply #14 on: 08:07 AM - 02/27/14 »
He used the referrer link this is why normally I don't post likes but instead stuff like hxxp:// so people have to copy paste into a new tab no referrer that way