XIM Community

XBone update preview  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
XBone update preview
« on: 06:48 AM - 02/26/14 »
Do we know if the update makes xim4e stop working? A friend of mine just got the update and the controller update as well. I registered for it but I don't want to update if it's going to mean no kb/m. Who wants to be the guinea pig?
« Last Edit: 06:53 AM - 02/26/14 by Joker76 »

Offline Joker76

• View Profile
Re: XBone update preview
« Reply #1 on: 07:25 AM - 02/26/14 »
FYI - Dolby Digital through optical is supported with the update. Exciting news for those of us with Mixamps/Surround processors. Hopefully we will get audio passthrough soon!  ;)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:32 AM - 02/26/14 »
I was approved but have not got the update yet.
Be humble

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:10 AM - 02/26/14 »
FYI - Dolby Digital through optical is supported with the update. Exciting news for those of us with Mixamps/Surround processors. Hopefully we will get audio passthrough soon!  ;)

Source?  I'm excited for this!

And how did yall register for this?  Everywhere I see they were inviting select random people.. did yall get that invite?  I got nada :(
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:20 AM - 02/26/14 »

And how did yall register for this?  Everywhere I see they were inviting select random people.. did yall get that invite?  I got nada :(
Xbox Live will send you a message with a code. Redeem the code to download the preview registration app. Once you register you wait a day or two and check the app again and it will tell you if you've been accepted or not.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Joker76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:55 AM - 02/26/14 »

My friend sent me this picture this morning.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:04 AM - 02/26/14 »
Can someone explain to me the whole audio situation? Dolby Digital is different how from the Dolby Headphone mode I use with my Mixamp?

I heard some headphones can't handle the DTS signal? If its a lot better what do we need to make it work?

Thanks.

XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
« Reply #7 on: 09:09 AM - 02/26/14 »
Not that I would use it, but where did the "Uncompressed Stereo" option go? Does it just disappear when you scroll down through the list?

Also strange that it doesn't list 5.1 vs 7.1 like the HDMI Audio options do....

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
XBone update preview
« Reply #8 on: 09:11 AM - 02/26/14 »

Can someone explain to me the whole audio situation? Dolby Digital is different how from the Dolby Headphone mode I use with my Mixamp?

I heard some headphones can't handle the DTS signal? If its a lot better what do we need to make it work?

Thanks.

Dolby digital is what you need for mixamp. It takes that and turns it into Dolby headphone.
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #9 on: 09:13 AM - 02/26/14 »
I already had that choice in my settings.

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
« Reply #10 on: 09:18 AM - 02/26/14 »
I already had that choice in my settings.

It's there for HDMI Audio but not Digital (Optical). I thought the same thing until I actually tried to hook up my headset and was sorely disappointed.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #11 on: 09:22 AM - 02/26/14 »
It's there for HDMI Audio but not Digital (Optical). I thought the same thing until I actually tried to hook up my headset and was sorely disappointed.

just looked and you are right, woops my bad guys.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:45 AM - 02/26/14 »

Thanks.

Dolby digital is what you need for mixamp. It takes that and turns it into Dolby headphone.
I guess stereo is whats selected by default for optical? I'm pretty sure my Mixamp takes the stereo signal and turns it into Dolby Headphone already.

Offline Joker76

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:51 AM - 02/26/14 »
I guess stereo is whats selected by default for optical? I'm pretty sure my Mixamp takes the stereo signal and turns it into Dolby Headphone already.

That is correct, the Mixamp is currently taking the stereo signal and 'upconverting' it to virtual surround sound. However, the stereo signal is inferior to the Dolby signal so you should notice a significant improvement with Dolby and the Mixamp.

Here is an excerpt from a moderator on Astro's forum, prior to the update:
Dolby Digital isn't supported through the Xbox One via ... Optical. It will be patched in at a later date by Microsoft. We do indeed take a stereo signal and upscale it to an enhanced 7.1 audio experience although if the quality of the audio from the console is poor ... , then we can't do a lot about that as it's a console problem, not a direct issue with our equipment.
« Last Edit: 09:57 AM - 02/26/14 by Joker76 »

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #14 on: 09:56 AM - 02/26/14 »
Man I'm so glad that Dolby is right around the corner. That was my biggest pet peeve of xb1. Now I can finally utilize my K702's to there fullest.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604