XIM Community

Need help with XIM PS3 selection. Please.  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Alex00723

• View Profile
Need help with XIM PS3 selection. Please.
« on: 08:12 AM - 08/30/09 »
Okay, after reading about the XIM and everything, it has convinced me to get the XIM rather than Fragfx. SO.... as there is actually no legit place to buy this. I was searching through ebay and I found 2 items from 2 different sellers.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XIM-FOR-PS3-KEYBOARD-MOUSE-PS2-TO-PS3-ADAPTER-RATEUP_W0QQitemZ330355693924QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item4ceabbd964&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

AND

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XIM-All-In-One-mouse-keyboard-adapter-for-PS3_W0QQitemZ160358902957QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item255622acad&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

I really cant decide which one to get but I was seriously looking at the first one as it comes with the Yobo Adaptor.

Please help me pick the right one. It is around $150, and it is really the type of experience I want with my PS3. So please help me wisely.

O and btw, I was wondering if anyone could show me videos or a guide on how to set it up.
I found this: http://www.ximmod.nl/ps3.html

But it is abit hard to interpret. I'm quite computer literate. Just need abit of help.

Thanks alot for anyone who takes the time to answer any or both of my questions. Truely appreciated.

Offline markgg

• View Profile
Re: Need help with XIM PS3 selection. Please.
« Reply #1 on: 11:29 AM - 08/30/09 »
Hi Alex

I bought the second option the "all in one" ( Maximus218 on ebay )and it works great. just follow the steps and guides on this forum and away you go.

Cheers

Mark

Offline Alex00723

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:58 AM - 08/30/09 »
could you please link me to that guide, it's abit hard to navigate on these forums. Thanks :)

Offline Alex00723

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:21 AM - 09/02/09 »
Bump. Please need more help!

Offline vietp13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:41 PM - 09/02/09 »
honestly i dont think you can go wrong with either selection you make. the point is you're going to get the same performance if you bought one over the other. this type of decision really is based on aesthetics, meaning which do you like better in terms of look, and again this is all a personal preference.

Offline Alex00723

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:54 AM - 09/03/09 »
all i really care about is quality and performance. It could look like a turd and i dont care. If it works well and will last a LONG time. Im happy.

Offline markgg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:21 AM - 09/03/09 »
Hi Alex

Sorry for not getting back to you Iv been away for a few days.

I can only speak for the all-in-one unit and it has never let me down, it comes with its own instructions and I have been using it since Feb 2009. Even if you cant find the info you are looking for on this forum then all you need are the instructions and software that is included.

The forum was very handy for the setings / configs for the games that i play.

Hope this helps

Mark

Offline forsberg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:10 AM - 09/03/09 »
I bought the all-in-one XIM from maximus

Works great.

But sometimes PS3/PC doesn't recognize the XIM on startup when I press up + backspace.  I usually restart both my PC and PS3 and then it works.

Offline Alex00723

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:51 PM - 09/03/09 »
Looks like the all in one is a great product.

Anyone that has got the XIM with the Yobo adaptor, I would like your feedback about that too.

Thanks alot.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #9 on: 01:25 PM - 09/04/09 »
I had XIM with Yobo. worked great. sold it though as I broke down and scored a Cross Battle Adapter Plus which allows me to use my XIM2 with PS3.
Which also works great. :)

Offline Alex00723

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:22 PM - 09/05/09 »
o and do you think the yobo or the all-in-one is easier to setup?

Like can you please tell me how easy it could be to be able to set it up fully?