XIM Community

Might sound dumb but...  (Read 1182 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Might sound dumb but...
« on: 03:39 AM - 02/16/14 »
OBsIV is there a way to allow our Xbox 360 controllers to be plugged into a USB HUB which connects to the XIM4 (final) with a chat adapter originally designed for the Xbox 360 but have that allow chat functionality on the XB1?

So we'd still have kb/m, XB1 controller connected to XIM4 but with the use of a USB HUB also have the Xbox 360 controller plugged in with it's chat adapter and have audio passthru on the XB1?

If possible on the flip side could this also work for every platform the XIM4 is connected to?
Be humble

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Might sound dumb but...
« Reply #1 on: 05:22 AM - 02/16/14 »
thats a question that goes towards microsoft first
if you can currently attach a xbox360 controller to the xbox one along with its chatpad and both are working, then theres a chance obsiv can implement that

however if that is currently not possible then obsiv cannot change that too
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:25 PM - 02/16/14 »
I thought the latest XB1 update added support for USB keyboards?  you should be able to plug your keyboard into the XB1 and type chat messages..

though it may not work while in a game, so I see your point.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:29 AM - 02/17/14 »
OBsIV is there a way to allow our Xbox 360 controllers to be plugged into a USB HUB which connects to the XIM4 (final) with a chat adapter originally designed for the Xbox 360 but have that allow chat functionality on the XB1?

So we'd still have kb/m, XB1 controller connected to XIM4 but with the use of a USB HUB also have the Xbox 360 controller plugged in with it's chat adapter and have audio passthru on the XB1?

If possible on the flip side could this also work for every platform the XIM4 is connected to?

I wonder why you would not simply plug the X1 controller into XIM4 and use the cheap about to be released XB360-X1 chat adapter? release date 3/7/14

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/113825

sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:52 AM - 02/17/14 »
This wasn't my actual question, I asked on behalf of someone I've sold my Xbox One to. I told him to buy the XIM4 when it comes out but he has a wireless headset with wireless audio dongle for his 360.

He's into the wireless everything type thing.
Be humble

Admin