XIM Community

Xbox One February System Update Thread - Controller Behaviour  (Read 1554 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
So according to several sources on Twitter, the February update has begun rolling out on Xbox One consoles. As you might have read already, a part of this patch is Microsoft "making the controllers more precise".

Just thought a thread would be nice where people who have tried out the new patch can give their feedback and see if the patch has made a difference in how the XIM4E behaves. I still have yet to receive the update but will post my findings when I do.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Do you know how we can tell if our console has received the update?

It looks like the new update is "6.2.10542 (xb_rel_1402.140213-0115) fre". You can find your current OS in the settings->system/console info

It also doesn't appear this update will have the controller tweaks, at least it's not mentioned in the changelog.

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/14/xbox-one-february-update-is-now-starting-to-roll-out/
« Last Edit: 06:26 PM - 02/14/14 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Do you know how we can tell if our console has received the update?

I think I just received the update... turned on my Xbox and it's loading something.

As for knowing how it has received the update, I think it won't respond to the "Xbox On" command and will only turn on if you press the power button on the console itself. Also, the light indicator on your power brick will be orange instead of white I think.
« Last Edit: 06:28 PM - 02/14/14 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Seems like the official changelog doesn't mention any changes to the controller specifically... are they going to hold off on that till March?

New/updated Features   

Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs
Ability to delete game and application save data
Improved installation and DLC management
Addition of the controller battery power indicator
Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat
Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel
Update to the boot progress indicators for system update
Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress
Separate game, application, and install queue lists
Addition of USB keyboard support

Stability and performance update   

Improved NAT detection
Network Troubleshooter improvements
Blu-ray quality improvements
Significant performance and stability improvements

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
First thing I noticed is that when you hold the guide button in on the controller instead of automatically defaulting to "turn off console" its on "close."

Probably because so many people were accidentally turning off their console when they meant to turn of the controller.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Played for a bit and didn't notice any changes to the controls. ST still seems the same for Ghosts.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I would expect those changes to come with the March update.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
I would expect those changes to come with the March update.

Yeah, probably. A bunch of sites were reporting the controls patch to be in February but I guess they were wrong. No mention of it in the update notes.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
The controller change wont come from the  console, you will have to update the controller itself.   That patch will release around the same time as the chat adapters.   It even includes a USB cable to install the update with.  So the march update should put the file on the console and then with the USB cable it will push it to the controller itself.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The controller change wont come from the  console, you will have to update the controller itself.   That patch will release around the same time as the chat adapters.   It even includes a USB cable to install the update with.  So the march update should put the file on the console and then with the USB cable it will push it to the controller itself.

Where is it written that the analog stick changes will require a controller firmware update?

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile

Where is it written that the analog stick changes will require a controller firmware update?
  On the XBox page, will find the link..give me a minute

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter lets you plug a compatible chat or stereo headset into the Xbox One Controller to control your audio experience without taking your hands off the controller.

The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter package includes:

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
2.5-mm-to-3.5-mm adapter
USB cable to update the controller
Quick start guide and manual      http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-adapter

Offline Fade2Blak

• View Profile
OK, apparently that only pertains to the audio updates.  This link says the sensitivity change is in the February update and it happens when the controller syncs to the One.      http://segmentnext.com/2014/02/14/xbox-one-february-update-improves-controllers-sensitivity/

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Makes sense. Joystiq quotes "a microsoft representative" said.. It's not ideal but ok for now. I hope it was in this months patch. I'm eager to see if there are changes.

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
The controller firmware update is just for the audio dongle it looks like. Of course they could sneak other stuff in without announcing it. You'll know when that happens because you have to do some specific actions to update the controller. I wonder how many people are going to brick their controller  during the update
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Admin