XIM Community

How "old school" are you?  (Read 16392 times)

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
Re: How "old school" are you?
« Reply #45 on: 05:53 AM - 02/15/14 »
anyone ever play "Vietcong"?

man that game was one of the best CTF games I ever played... the stream map was awesome sauce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game)

Vietcong Classic, great gameplay both storyline and multiplayer, after that I hit Americas Army and all the BF platforms for almost 5 yrs. :)

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #46 on: 10:54 AM - 02/15/14 »
my brother and I had a ton of handhelds

I hate quoting pics but WOW I had all of those. I remember that car game with the wheel except pretty sure mine had a paper track that scrolled through it. So maybe it was the model prior to the digital one? I remember because the paper roller thingy ripped and I never played it again lol. @#$% if only I had the digital one! I also remember the baseball one somebody mentioned. I also played the crap out of merlin. One of my favorites however was the tabletop pacman. Man I loved that! Used to stay up late at night playing that hah.

"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline Moreplay

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XBL: o Samuel Hain o
« Reply #47 on: 05:50 PM - 02/15/14 »
My first gaming experiance was on an APPLE IIe.  The only game I really remember was Karateka.  My first FPS was Doom.  I used to play on MBBS before the internet was all the rave.  I used a program called SirDoom to be able to play against 4 players at once.  When I first started playing Doom, I was on a flight stick Pro joystick.  Once I started playing against hardcore guys, I was introduced to the whole mouse and keyboard thing and fast forward quite a few years, I am now using a XIM :) 

Offline Noquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 07:28 AM - 02/17/14 »
Been gaming for 31 years this year.  First machine was a Toshiba MSX.  Then an Amiga, Sega Master System, imported Megadrive and then SNES. 

Then got into PC gaming after seeing Team Fortress round a mates.  Counterstrike inevitably followed but at the same time I owned the PlayStation 1 & 2 before buying a X360.  Still keep an upto date PC as I build my own - but there are less PC gamers I know these days due to mates having kids and careers etc or not being able to afford one.

Currently waiting for XIM4 before purchasing a PS4.  I must have spent a fortune over the years on hard and software.  At any one time I have at least 10 games on the go, and tons I have bought and not even played yet.

Got my 5 year old son a 3DS for Xmas and now he is basically addicted as well which is sure to double the expense of the "hobby".  Oh well - least I will always have some back up on hand for BF5 in a few years...

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10:01 AM - 02/17/14 »
I've been gaming since 1981. I'd say I'm old school enough.
Be humble

Offline coldrushy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05:37 PM - 02/17/14 »
Been gaming for 31 years this year.  First machine was a Toshiba MSX.  Then an Amiga, Sega Master System, imported Megadrive and then SNES. 

Then got into PC gaming after seeing Team Fortress round a mates.  Counterstrike inevitably followed but at the same time I owned the PlayStation 1 & 2 before buying a X360.  Still keep an upto date PC as I build my own - but there are less PC gamers I know these days due to mates having kids and careers etc or not being able to afford one.

Currently waiting for XIM4 before purchasing a PS4.  I must have spent a fortune over the years on hard and software.  At any one time I have at least 10 games on the go, and tons I have bought and not even played yet.

Got my 5 year old son a 3DS for Xmas and now he is basically addicted as well which is sure to double the expense of the "hobby".  Oh well - least I will always have some back up on hand for BF5 in a few years...

I first played RainbowSix on Mplayer.com and zone.com. Anyone else remember those sites? I then somehow fell into playing Team Fortress Classic from like.....2000ish to 2003? When did you play? That game was awesome.

I haven't been in a clan since 2003 -- went to college and fell out of all that stuff. Only started playing on consoles because it was easier to do versus building a PC and maintaining it.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07:36 PM - 02/17/14 »
I used to play with one of these [email protected]

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 09:15 PM - 02/17/14 »

I first played RainbowSix on Mplayer.com and zone.com. Anyone else remember those sites?

Was in a couple XL2000 #1 clans waaaay back. MyM, DP, DFA, OSR lol any of those ring a bell? I have a couple old screenshots saved on my pc. Mplayer lobby was 10x better than zone. Loved that site so many great memories. The drawing board was fun!

an actual ping!

Offline thebside

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ma1arky
How "old school" are you?
« Reply #53 on: 12:19 AM - 02/18/14 »
I've been gaming since 1981. I'd say I'm old school enough.
I am right there with you.
First game I remember playing was on my Apple II e in 1982 called "bolo". 
http://bit.ly/1e2POKF

Offline coldrushy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07:05 AM - 02/18/14 »
HAHA, man that screenshot takes me way back. Yeah some of those ring a bell. Remember everyone's name had ascii characters? I totally remember Fake 2 Black and Ruthless clan. Man I was running AOL dialup and rocking a horrific Compaq computer. Those were the days. And yes, the lobby was awesome. I won a couple of tournaments and my username was highlighted yellow with a trophy next to it. Remember that @#$%? Hahaha.

I was also in a couple of top clans, but that game bred clan whoring. I also went by like a million different names. I can't even remember half of them. I played that game all the way until the end when some guy named Vertigo created an auto aim program. Obviously the game died pretty quickly after that but it was already on its way out with a lot of people moving to counter-strike.

As much as I enjoy console gaming, there's something much more personal about PC gaming -- the lobbies, the dedicated servers...man you got me reminiscing. Thanks for posting those screen shots.

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08:43 AM - 02/18/14 »
loved the soldier of fortune days, going back to that now is painful. (not payback)

« Last Edit: 08:50 AM - 02/18/14 by BionicTbag »
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 08:46 AM - 02/18/14 »
Oh yeah the colored names and trophies wow. I hear you on clan whoring. I went by snypa, booger, boog, bizzy, bizzar1 and dp nixon :p

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08:51 AM - 02/18/14 »
Oh yeah the colored names and trophies wow. I hear you on clan whoring. I went by snypa, booger, boog, bizzy, bizzar1 and dp nixon :p

sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #58 on: 08:54 AM - 02/18/14 »
Ah yes, SOF2.  That game was cool cuz you could blow off individual body parts.

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11:38 AM - 02/18/14 »
^^ Still have it. The multiplayer was pretty decent too.