XIM Community

How "old school" are you?  (Read 10843 times)

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
Re: How "old school" are you?
« Reply #30 on: 10:10 AM - 02/14/14 »
And Kingpin...I liked Kingpin online a lot..we were actually making a mod that was kind of a Capture the Flag mode but it was called BAG man..you had to rob the other teams safe and such...

I mis that game..it was actually really good :(

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:26 AM - 02/14/14 »
my brother and I had a ton of handhelds

Had almost all of these... that Merlin especially, had about 3 of those. Also as far as those sports ones go, anyone remember the baseball one where it was shaped like the stadium, and had recessed buttons hidden for the defense, so you couldn't see what pitch was coming? I know thats pretty generic, but it was from the same era.

I also had an awesome baseball game that you wound up by returning the pitch and and when you got a hit, as indicated by Tue purple streak that lit up, you hit a stopper that told you what it was, like a slot machine... I'm not describing it right, but it was awesome, and I have great memories of those toys!

And btw... colecovision was the absolute bomb! Better graphics, better games, awesome peripherals... remember the sport controllers with the colored triggers and the spinning wheel? The roller controller? Overlays for the regular controller depending on what game it was? Awesomeness!

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:57 AM - 02/14/14 »
http://i.imgur.com/XstnLcT.jpg

Sorry... no edit button anymore for some reason, but here is my baseball game:

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #34 on: 11:36 AM - 02/14/14 »

Like others Vectrex, Colecovision, NES to N64. 

First dial up 1v1/ coop was Doom2, heretic and Descent.

First online FPS was UT IG
Then the list goes on..... from CS, DOD, Quake3, Unreal all of them and Battlefield.....

Just changed yours a bit @#$% near the same as mine.

Next on that list will be Titanfall
« Last Edit: 11:44 AM - 02/14/14 by Soulo »
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12:29 PM - 02/14/14 »
Burning Rangers on sega saturn anyone? Best song and opening animation....

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12:37 PM - 02/14/14 »
What I would love is a great FPS or 3d person view remake of Dungeon Hack.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #37 on: 01:48 PM - 02/14/14 »
Anyone ever played Guardian Heroes on sega saturn? If you have not, you have not truly lived. Mayhaps the best, most underrated sidescrolling beatemup ever in the history of the Bible and beyond.

i love that game i still have the original game and my Sega Saturn i also have it on xbox live arcade. the developers of Guardian Heroes made too Gunstar Heroes ;D
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: Glorious Model O (White Matte) | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Console Audio/Mic: beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02:05 PM - 02/14/14 »
anyone ever play "Vietcong"?

man that game was one of the best CTF games I ever played... the stream map was awesome sauce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game)
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #39 on: 02:25 PM - 02/14/14 »
you guys are cheating, not my fault i wasn't born in pre-history so of course you guys win xP

honest to God, i have no idea what my first gaming experience was.. i mean, how could i? born in 1987 games were the holy grail for kids all my life. i remember i would be 3 or 4 when i first started gaming but more than that is hard to pin down..

i played all the big 3's consoles plus Sega's and emulated the crap out of some previous one's starting around '99.. but i only owned Gameboy Pocket, Sega MegaDrive(Genesis), Dreamcast and PC. (and now PS3, PSP and PSVita)
i had some weird knockoff console that let you play/shoot Duck Hunt with the light gun, but i have no idea the name of that POS. i was electrocuted messing with that crap when it started failing. first time i was stuck to something due to electricity, for about 3-5 seconds too. that hurt. not much but the panic... i thought it wouldn't stop... needless to say i had fun destroying the thing shortly after.

now about PC gaming, i did play some DOS games but fu*k those, DukeNuken and Doom were really nice OH AND OG Prince of Persia in color - that crap was hard!

before i got net i was forced to "enjoy" DeltaForce - talk about fish AI and poorly designed games, oh Sierra <3 - and playing online at first meant lag around 200-400ms so it was more gambling and shooting in the dark than actual gaming.

then came LANs and CS1.x .. (fu*k Quake/UT that sh1t feels like the drug speed is a requirement, or LSD, or just coke actually)

THEN, they (Publishers) started their canpaign on ruining gaming for all but the mentally impared (joking but kinda true almost) ;D
soon..

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03:23 PM - 02/14/14 »
Anyone ever played Guardian Heroes on sega saturn? If you have not, you have not truly lived. Mayhaps the best, most underrated sidescrolling beatemup ever in the history of the Bible and beyond.

i love that game i still have the original game and my Sega Saturn i also have it on xbox live arcade. the developers of Guardian Heroes made too Gunstar Heroes ;D

omg finally someone who has actually played a game worth playing! i have the jap version on the white jap sega saturn.... god that game was so fun back in the day....such a good opening intro too....

Offline Xog

• MVP
  • Yarr! Hand over yer goods, or yer dead!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Gamertag: Pirate Bandito
« Reply #41 on: 03:24 PM - 02/14/14 »
then came LANs and CS1.x .. (fu*k Quake/UT that sh1t feels like the drug speed is a requirement, or LSD, or just coke actually)

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #42 on: 04:01 PM - 02/14/14 »

LOL! mos def a new meaning to hardcore gamer  ;D
soon..

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #43 on: 01:56 AM - 02/15/14 »

yes bro lol. hours and hours of smacking my friends around in the vs mode after school hahaha.
omg finally someone who has actually played a game worth playing! i have the jap version on the white jap sega saturn.... god that game was so fun back in the day....such a good opening intro too....
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: Glorious Model O (White Matte) | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Console Audio/Mic: beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #44 on: 04:52 AM - 02/15/14 »

LOL! mos def a new meaning to hardcore gamer  ;D
HAHAHAHA!
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it