XIM Community

How "old school" are you?  (Read 16474 times)

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
Re: How "old school" are you?
« Reply #15 on: 07:36 PM - 02/13/14 »
Man I have an intellivision, atari, neo geo, nintendo, super nintendo, genesis, dreamcast, ps, ps2, p3,ps4

xbox, xbox 360, xbox one...nintendo 64...i dunno man I have so many consoles it is unreal. Most of them sit in a closet collecting dust though as emulators do the job for me.

practically every console. I used to have a jaguar and a sega CD but they got broken during a move.

No ColecoVision = no cred. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:38 PM - 02/13/14 »
Atari 2600 was our first console.  We progressed from there (NES, SNES, Sega, etc).   My first pc game was Combat Flight Simulator.  My first FPS was Rainbow Six followed by Rogue Spear and Rainbow Six 3.

This was actually my very first video game.  I loved it and played it for hours and hours.  My brother had the head-to-head version.

I loved this game!!!!  Hours at night under the sheets so mom and dad couldn't hear it when I was supposed to be in bed sleeping!

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #18 on: 07:40 PM - 02/13/14 »
http://thcnet.net/zork/

Good man. 

Had to change my screen to a 4:3 format. Text on the left was riving me crazy!
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:51 PM - 02/13/14 »
Atari 2600 was our first console.  We progressed from there (NES, SNES, Sega, etc).   My first pc game was Combat Flight Simulator.  My first FPS was Rainbow Six followed by Rogue Spear and Rainbow Six 3.

This was actually my very first video game.  I loved it and played it for hours and hours.  My brother had the head-to-head version.

I loved this game!!!!  Hours at night under the sheets so mom and dad couldn't hear it when I was supposed to be in bed sleeping!

I have to thank both of you gents. I had completely forgotten about this game till now. Mindworm, I suddenly feel some kind of strange brotherly bond with you after you just described a scene from my preteen yrs. How weird!!

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #20 on: 07:59 PM - 02/13/14 »

They still sell this game at some stores.  I have one at my cabin up north.  Brings back some good memories as a kid.  I thought this game was sooooo cool.........lol.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline riggidy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:11 PM - 02/13/14 »

They still sell this game at some stores.  I have one at my cabin up north.  Brings back some good memories as a kid.  I thought this game was sooooo cool.........lol.

I keep one of these in my desk at work. 

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:39 PM - 02/13/14 »

I keep one of these in my desk at work. 

RML and I are full of jelly....   =)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:52 PM - 02/13/14 »
Yes, we are!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:09 PM - 02/13/14 »
my first "console" ;)
i think i still got it somewhere

PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #25 on: 11:11 PM - 02/13/14 »
my first "console" ;)

awww dude I loved those as a kid
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:55 PM - 02/13/14 »
first online fps I played was probably cs 1.5

Offline AusRED5

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AusRED5
  • PSN ID: AusRED5
« Reply #27 on: 12:34 AM - 02/14/14 »
Like some... Pong, Atari, commodore64, NES to N64. 

First dial up 1v1/ coop was Doom2 and Descent.

First online gaming was Descent 2.

First online FPS was Half-Life: Team Fortress.

Then the list goes on..... from CS, DOD, Quake3, Unreal, Unreal 2003, UT2004, UT3, COD to Battlefield.....
XIM4 - G502 - Razer Blackwidow

XBOX ONE
PS4 Pro

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:38 AM - 02/14/14 »
my first "console" ;)

2 points - Odin. 

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:33 AM - 02/14/14 »
my brother and I had a ton of handhelds

sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!