Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
Re: @ Moderators
« Reply #15 on: 10:46 AM - 02/13/14 »
the "remove topic" button is right besides the "lock topic" and "move topic" button
maybe someone accidentally clicked the remove button instead of the lock button

really no clue, im sure omgsus could answer this by checking the log or so
all i saw in my mail folder are a few reports for insults that should have taken place in that topic
buts its already gone now, dunno what it was about

Wasn't me. I checked the thread earlier and it was there. I didn't even attempt to lock it. And a thread removal will ask you.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #16 on: 10:51 AM - 02/13/14 »
EA hacked the site and deleted it. Lol

Offline Xog

• MVP
  • Yarr! Hand over yer goods, or yer dead!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Gamertag: Pirate Bandito
« Reply #17 on: 10:59 AM - 02/13/14 »
NSA

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:04 AM - 02/13/14 »
the "remove topic" button is right besides the "lock topic" and "move topic" button
maybe someone accidentally clicked the remove button instead of the lock button

really no clue, im sure omgsus could answer this by checking the log or so
all i saw in my mail folder are a few reports for insults that should have taken place in that topic
buts its already gone now, dunno what it was about

That should be logged and it would also be in the recycle bin.

Is anything else missing?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #19 on: 11:07 AM - 02/13/14 »
Well will whoever deleted that thread please remove any and all history of my warnings, bans, etc.

I would like a clean slate. So I can begin harassing people again.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:09 AM - 02/13/14 »
^ chances are, that person actually will

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:12 AM - 02/13/14 »
Very pecimietic of you. Unless this is an attack then all actions by staff are logged.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #22 on: 11:13 AM - 02/13/14 »
Don't stress, I found it. I'll ask the mod for a reason. We shouldn't be deleting threads like that.

Well will whoever deleted that thread please remove any and all history of my warnings, bans, etc.

I would like a clean slate....

Well, maybe because you asked. :)

...So I can begin harassing people again.

Hey wait a second...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:21 AM - 02/13/14 »
Lol.

Do you in know why there are no logs of it? There is a two post titanfall topic in the recycle bin but that's not it.

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:26 AM - 02/13/14 »
Don't stress, I found it. I'll ask the mod for a reason. We shouldn't be deleting threads like that.

I would like a clean slate....

Well, maybe because you asked. :)

...So I can begin harassing people again.

Hey wait a second...

lol irl.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:36 AM - 02/13/14 »

So looks like someones deleting threads to hide the evidence of insults. You should seriously reconsider who you give moderator rights. I also bet if I had to guess 3 times who it was, Id guess it 1st try correctly.

And looks like there are no excuses of missclicking something, since as mist already pointed out- when you want to delete a thread it asks you in a popup if you really wanna do it, plus it would land in the recycle bin or whatever, which it obviosly didnt, because the person insisted on deleting the thread really hard and make it unrecoverable.

Admin rights abuse ftw.. Usually you did the right decisions with your moderator picks, but there are those 1-2 cases where you did a big mistake. Or mainly 1 case, the guy who abuses his mod rights based on his personal preference.

Guess he underestimated the expertise/competence of OMGsus.

I mean I can see why you gave him mod rights, mainly because he streamed on xim channel, so you kinda wanted to return the favour, but obviosly as everyone can clearly see- not everyone who is doing free promotion for your product/company is the right person to moderate forums.
« Last Edit: 11:47 AM - 02/13/14 by Santigold »

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:40 AM - 02/13/14 »
Bla hblah. Fact is the thread got childish I am not attacking anyone...I do it myself so I am familiar with the process.

I mean I would like to read it personally and unlike a lot of people here people having their little battles doesnt bother me. I actually find them entertaining to read as long as it is somewhat on topic.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:58 AM - 02/13/14 »
My issue is there was a lot of useful information in the thread. If it turns childish, I support locking the thread and/or deleting posts.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:01 PM - 02/13/14 »
I demand this person to get his moderator privilegues removed, since he purposely deleted a thread that had a clear evidence of breaking the forum rules and had a personal insult in it.

What he did was- he deleted the thread after a complaint about an offending comment was sent out, in order to conceal the evidence of breaking forum rules/insulting forum members. Most likely to protect the offender.

And the only explanation to why he did that is his personal indisposition of certain forum users. Because he had to delete the thread 3 times basically, to actually remove it. So there are no excuses like "oh I missclicked". You cant missclick on thread delete. Its asks you in a popup if you really want to do it, then once the thread is in the recycle bin, you have to go there and delete it manually (according to mist).

So here you go. If theres is something that justifies a removal of mod privilegues, Id highly assume its a shady thing like that.

Other than that- there were more than a few other questionable mod decisions in the past few weeks/months, that didnt follow the forum rules but rather personal preferences. If someone abuses his mod rights like that, he doesnt deserve to be a mod.
« Last Edit: 12:05 PM - 02/13/14 by Santigold »

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:05 PM - 02/13/14 »
Santigold, I think your personal vendetta is clouding your judgement  a bit lol. A mod could just delete posts if he wanted to hide something.