XIM Community

XB1 stereo headset and adapter coming in March.  (Read 5375 times)

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XB1 stereo headset and adapter coming in March.
« Reply #45 on: 10:47 AM - 02/23/14 »
Anyone know if you'll be able to plug a Modmic directly into the adapter to let the controller handle the chat? When I go through my Mixamp the voices are extremely low even with the Mixamp knob turned all the way to voice.

I just wonder if I can plug the mic into the adapter will the chat voices come through the headphones still?
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02:00 PM - 02/23/14 »
You'll still have to go from the adapter to the mixamp.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #47 on: 05:34 PM - 02/23/14 »
Anyone know if you'll be able to plug a Modmic directly into the adapter to let the controller handle the chat? When I go through my Mixamp the voices are extremely low even with the Mixamp knob turned all the way to voice.

I just wonder if I can plug the mic into the adapter will the chat voices come through the headphones still?

I'm curious as well.  I would assume it would be the same as it is now with the current chat adapter.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ XL2720 27" 144hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06:11 PM - 02/23/14 »
You'll still have to go from the adapter to the mixamp.
I feel like if I plugged the mic directly into the chat adapter I would be able to talk to people but I wouldn't be able to hear them.

If only there was an option like the 360 had to make chat voices come through the speakers as well as the TV I think that would solve my problem.

I just don't want to let the Mixamp handle the chat because it makes everything sound very low. There is a chance its just my hacked just adapter and the official one will work with no problems on my A40 Mixamp. Hopefully I get it this week and HOPEFULLY the chat passthrough comes out this week as well. Fingers crossed!
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06:30 PM - 02/23/14 »
The mixamp chat should only sound low because you have a custom adapter. Using the official adapter should solve that problem.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Choo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11:57 AM - 02/24/14 »
I'm so sorry... feel like a newb asking this....

Will this product have any compatibily issues (or weird connection requirements) with XIM4 gaming:

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/4shot