XIM Community

Any Update XIM4E for PS4 ??  (Read 29872 times)

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: Any Update XIM4E for PS4 ??
« Reply #150 on: 10:31 AM - 03/02/14 »
The other guy doesn't have a wired solution though. XIM is still working on wired.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #151 on: 03:02 PM - 03/02/14 »
OBsIV - I know you are looking into multiple solutions for the PS4.  But have you considered simply trying to become an officially licensed 3rd party adapter for PS4 (sorry if you already answered that someplace else)?

Offline 93732

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 03:07 PM - 03/02/14 »
OBsIV mentioned in the other thread that he has attempted 3 times via official channels with no reply from Sony.

OBsIV - I know you are looking into multiple solutions for the PS4.  But have you considered simply trying to become an officially licensed 3rd party adapter for PS4 (sorry if you already answered that someplace else)?
PS4 / Xbox One / PS3 Slim 500 GB / Xbox 360 Slim 500 GB / Wii

Xim Edge
Logitech G700
PS Nav

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
« Reply #153 on: 05:28 PM - 03/02/14 »
a wireless xim would be way cooler and better imo.. im tired of the wires... wonder how many more months this is going to take... its on 4 months now
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
EPIC ID: xIInIFaMoUsx
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 05:29 PM - 03/02/14 »
I predict we see a ps4 beta in between 3 weeks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 05:35 PM - 03/02/14 »
a wireless xim would be way cooler and better imo.. im tired of the wires... wonder how many more months this is going to take... its on 4 months now

Four months since what? The announcement was about three months ago and the ongoing release goal has been Q1. Sorry, your post makes it appear that you've been waiting longer than you should have and that presently it has been delayed which is not the case.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline xxgmon3yxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Memo214
« Reply #156 on: 06:06 PM - 03/02/14 »
I ended up buying the Venom X since they announced ps4 support. I will keeping en eye out for the Xim4 release for brand loyalty purposes, plus I have a feeling the Xim 4 will be in the same price range anyway, which is affordable enough to have both!

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 06:20 PM - 03/02/14 »
The venom x is not even close to the quality of xim feom what ive heard or I should say read

Offline seth00

• View Profile

Offline KoRnholio

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: I_OwnYourSoul
« Reply #159 on: 07:18 PM - 03/02/14 »
Following this thread multiple times a day in hope of an announcement that will let me get my ps4 out of its delivery packaging. Keep going with the good work and signs are encouraging, but any thoughts of getting xim licenced is a waste of time. I'm not at all surprised Sony haven't responded. They are not interested in anything other than controllers to play games because the ps is a console, not a pc. Its what the whole console brand and image is about. Personally I don't think they will ever change from that, but if they did it would be such a significant shift that they would probably want to do it with their own product first.

And as for breaching user agreements, of course they know about the range of adapters out there, but as has been said they're not bothered as long as there is no cheating or security breach. Evidence in the Splitfish issue.

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 08:50 PM - 03/02/14 »
Last week the boss posted this.

Quote from: OBsIV on 03:47 AM - 03/01/14
XIM4 already live on PS4 using Hori. Now on to DS4.

So, when DS4 replaces the word 'hori', what is the flow of events? Will we mess around on beta with the edge, is the beta progress already done also applicable to the ps4, will ps4 support just be rolled into a final product etc etc?
TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #161 on: 12:02 AM - 03/03/14 »
Following this thread multiple times a day in hope of an announcement that will let me get my ps4 out of its delivery packaging. Keep going with the good work and signs are encouraging, but any thoughts of getting xim licenced is a waste of time. I'm not at all surprised Sony haven't responded. They are not interested in anything other than controllers to play games because the ps is a console, not a pc. Its what the whole console brand and image is about. Personally I don't think they will ever change from that, but if they did it would be such a significant shift that they would probably want to do it with their own product first.

And as for breaching user agreements, of course they know about the range of adapters out there, but as has been said they're not bothered as long as there is no cheating or security breach. Evidence in the Splitfish issue.

Ummm, except they already have a kbam licensed adapter for ps3...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline enormousstormtrooper

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TrooperUK421
« Reply #162 on: 01:03 AM - 03/03/14 »
OBsIV is it not an option to release the update with the hori support not as a final solution but more for the beta feed back. It would let the die hard supporters of Xim buy a hori if they wished to  contribute to the beta. It would also releave some of the pressure for ETA questions etc. Sound like on option?

Offline izzy

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 01:10 AM - 03/03/14 »
Sounds like a good option.

Hori and ps4 support for those who want that option while obsiv works out the kinks to get it working with the DS4.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 01:40 AM - 03/03/14 »
I agree, why not have both, you can look for alternatives later. Make your crowd play.
Crusade atm: none

Admin